Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha
    replied
    ..meeting with players (and coaching staff) were 'intense and confrontational'.
    ..Nick's habit of calling out players publicly without speaking with them in private first.

You can tell everyone was down.
    Players's lack of energy and joy on the court.
    Coach whining and complaining on almost every call.

Yes the roster is flawed, but adversity brings out the best in everyone, supposedly. It is what it is, as far as the roster is concerned. A good coach will still do his best to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    The dirty laundry is all being aired out now

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    People on twitter are saying it was Earl Watson
    I hope not, but then I said the same thing about Nurse.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    People on twitter are saying it was Earl Watson

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    According to sources, after an altercation early in the New Year, Nurse sent an assistant coach home and told him not to accompany the team on an upcoming road trip, without the prior knowledge or permission of Ujiri. The assistant missed one game and Ujiri later smoothed things over but the relationship between the coaches was described as “tense” for the duration of the season.
    https://www.tsn.ca/nba/josh-lewenber...lory-1.1949730

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    I think within a week they wanna get rollin

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

30 days.
    Over or under for firing a new Coach?
    I assume you mean hiring.

I think it'll happen before the draft lottery next month.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Just like I suspected, when Masai used the word "selfish" a couple of months ago, he was talking about the players. And if you watch the Raptors play, it's pretty obvious.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

We'll probably hear more and more as the days go by.
    30 days.
    Over or under for firing a new Coach?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    We'll probably hear more and more as the days go by.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    One of the biggest scapegoat moves I can remember as a Raps fan.

Good luck to Nick wherever he ends up.
    Lol scapegoat? Someone is still living in 2019.
    we kept on waiting and watching for things that never happened, and a stubbornness that was locked in. The two most glaring was the redulous indignant yelling at the refs on every single play in every single game. The third and most obvious was nurse's refusal to give bench players any chance to develop and learn. Haven't played in 3 weeks? Here is 7 minutes for you, oh, didn't do well, yanked for a month. Almost no players excel in that crap. The fourth being an offense that had no real identity. The fifth being the "strategy" of not entering into a proper offense to kill time in games with 5 minutes left, left wondering why we didn't score for the rest of the game.......

There is more if you really want .......vanvleet chucking up guarded long range 3's like he's steph curry with zero consequence?
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Fri Apr 21, 2023, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post

That's a clip and it's Masai retelling the conversation, the whole answer was about how good of a relationship they have with Nick.

If Masai screwed up the emphasis on one word ("those") it was a mistake by Masai in the whole context of the answer.
    I think people may be swayed by seeing the quote but not seeing it in context. Watching the whole part of that presser it struck me as Masai relaying thoughtful parting words essentially saying “take care of those guys”. It seemed sincere live.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

If the collapse happens quickly, then you get your tanking wish! A slow death is tough to watch, though.

The reality is that the collapse started the minute Kawhi left on a private jet to LA and never came back.
    The 2020 team was fun and without Covid I think we had a chance to get back to the finals. The 2021 plan of waiting for Giannis was the real start of the collapse. Watching Serge and Marc leave is fine sine they were older. That was a prime opportunity to flip the switch and tank right there if we wanted to.

Everyone but Pascal on this team had some shine. Pascal was trending down post bubble. But if we were going to Tampa anyway.. should have just stripped it all and brought back picks and more young talent then. We were bad and got Scottie anyway. But the future would have looked a bit brighter IMO even if we didn't end up with Scottie.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I took it to mean it hit home to Masai when Nurse said "Good Luck with those guys" as they used to be "our" guys and Nurse was no longer using the words "we". He wasn't throwing shade IMO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X