Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If Ibaka plays he needs to play with Lowry more.
    Agreed. He needs to be our scorer "off the bench". Tether Marc to Embiid, but tether Lowry to Ibaka.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Nurse has been a breath of fresh air for most of this season. A stark contrast from the rigid, unimaginative Casey.

But this outright refusal to tether Gasol with Embiid is infuriating. There is no reason for it. None.
      It was frustrating but I am confident he’ll correct it going forward after 1 loss. Casey would have waited until we were down 3-1.

Gasol played 35 minutes last night to Embiid’s 32. Just need a small tweak or 2 Nurse said after game 1 he feels serge needs some time to gain momentum rather than quick shifts and the raps were up big which was why he didn’t match them up in game 1. Pretty clear now if we sub out gasol as soon as Embiid exits the game that will be a good way to tackle it. Embiid prob won’t be able to play over 40 minutes this series so should be able to match it up well. Even despite rotations if the raptors shot the ball well that was an easy win. But can’t handle the rotations AND poor shooting in the same game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I would like to see this kind of rough minutes next game:

gasol - 38
        siakam - 40
        Kawhi - 40
        Green - 36
        Lowry - 40

Ibaka - 10
        Powell - 14
        McCaw- 12
        fred - 8

now, I know we wont see it. Ibaka and fred have too long of a leash with this coach. Just my thoughts. The 76ers are not an ideal matchup for either one of those 2 men. In a perfect world OG could take some minutes
        Yeah, something like this as a starting framework. McCaw should get a crack at FVV's minutes. Basic concepts are: (1) tether Gasol to Embiid, (2) keep a minimum of 3 starters on the floor at all times - preferably 4 & (3) Kawhi & Siakam play with FVV as bailout scoring options. (4) Ibaka takes the backup PF spot, instead of Kawhi to give Siakam a brief rest.

Comment

• This series feels like the perfect series for McCaw. You put him on Redick, Butler or that Ennis kid and they won't get hot like that. He won't score much on the other end, but then again neither will Fred

Fred should play only the roughly 10 minutes Lowry sits imo.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Nurse has been a breath of fresh air for most of this season. A stark contrast from the rigid, unimaginative Casey.

But this outright refusal to tether Gasol with Embiid is infuriating. There is no reason for it. None.
            In game adjustments were supposed to be one of the key upgrades of Nurse over Casey. Brett Brown made some great, but not totally unexpected, chess moves. Nurse had a perfect "that's why they brought me here" spotlight moment last night, and he didn't capitalize.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, something like this as a starting framework. McCaw should get a crack at FVV's minutes. Basic concepts are: (1) tether Gasol to Embiid, (2) keep a minimum of 3 starters on the floor at all times - preferably 4 & (3) Kawhi & Siakam play with FVV as bailout scoring options. (4) Ibaka takes the backup PF spot, instead of Kawhi to give Siakam a brief rest.

I like the idea of giving Ibaka some minutes at the 4 to keep him happy and engaged.

actually against this team I'd argue hes back to being better suited as a power forward than he is as a center. wish we had moose and they didn't right now..

Comment

I like the idea of giving Ibaka some minutes at the 4 to keep him happy and engaged.

actually against this team I'd argue hes back to being better suited as a power forward than he is as a center. wish we had moose and they didn't right now..
                Yeah I know Moose is not gonna have another game like that, but it's ironic that we basically swapped him for Eric Moreland as our third C, to save a bit of cash, then Moreland shows to be unplayable. While Moose drops 10pts & 5 boards in 11 minutes on us, on a close playoff game, being arguably more effective then Embiid ( who had 12 pts and 8 boards on 32 minutes). The universe has a way of getting back at you sometimes.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  This series feels like the perfect series for McCaw. You put him on Redick, Butler or that Ennis kid and they won't get hot like that. He won't score much on the other end, but then again neither will Fred

I'm still waiting for my Patrick mccaw game. I believe on the young buck and has some skills that are very valuable to playoff ball. he will have his Norman Powell moment one of these games I just know it. make me proud crow!
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm still waiting for my Patrick mccaw game. I believe on the young buck and has some skills that are very valuable to playoff ball. he will have his Norman Powell moment one of these games I just know it. make me proud crow!
                    Most of us agree now. I think Fred to me has lost some minutes for the next game, unless Nurse is that infatuated with his intagiblezz that I frankly haven't seen much of lately, even going back to the Orlando series Fred has been a passenger

Comment

Agreed. He needs to be our scorer "off the bench". Tether Marc to Embiid, but tether Lowry to Ibaka.
                      Ya I guess it's too late to expect anything from Fred at this point. This has confused me since we traded for Gasol. It was obvious what Ibaka needs on offense (someone who will pick and pop with him). I figured him and Fred or Norm would have that tandem but it's like those guys have no clue how to play with their own teammates. Not saying Ibaka is completely faultless cause he misses some very makeable shots (especially in game 2), but at the same time it's like this team has a limited capacity for the plays they can run. As soon as Ibaka is on the floor, the first or second offensive option should be running that play with him. Fred shouldn't be allowed to shoot until he runs a few of those with Serge. And Norm has shown flashes of being a decent passer/play maker so I'm not sure while Nick Nurse isn't utilizing those skills to get add some more structure when the bench guys are on the floor.
                      Last edited by nubreed000; Tue Apr 30, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Most of us agree now. I think Fred to me has lost some minutes for the next game, unless Nurse is that infatuated with his intagiblezz that I frankly haven't seen much of lately, even going back to the Orlando series Fred has been a passenger
                        The only positive I see from Fred is that he's probably our best JJ chaser. Even Danny sometimes struggles to get around screens, etc as JJ is running around. Fred's pretty good at staying close to his man. I think Nurse likes that.. and Danny can't play 48 minutes.

I'd rather have Fred over McCaw. McCaw has no offense.. at least Fred can shoot (and did in Orlando). But he needs to stay away from Serge. If Serge is playing.. you have to have him play with Lowry at all times. Fred can play with Marc. Marc/Fred have pretty decent chemistry from what I saw in the regular season.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          This series feels like the perfect series for McCaw. You put him on Redick, Butler or that Ennis kid and they won't get hot like that. He won't score much on the other end, but then again neither will Fred

Yeah I really don't like Lowry off ball next to Fred against the Sixers. Maybe against the Celtics it might work but the Sixers are simply too big and long.

Comment

• Nurse is a hamroll! He's gotta go blud, he's gotta go fam!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The only positive I see from Fred is that he's probably our best JJ chaser. Even Danny sometimes struggles to get around screens, etc as JJ is running around. Fred's pretty good at staying close to his man. I think Nurse likes that.. and Danny can't play 48 minutes.

I'd rather have Fred over McCaw. McCaw has no offense.. at least Fred can shoot (and did in Orlando). But he needs to stay away from Serge. If Serge is playing.. you have to have him play with Lowry at all times. Fred can play with Marc. Marc/Fred have pretty decent chemistry from what I saw in the regular season.
                              Fred can chase all he wants, but he doesn't have the length or athleticism to get a strong contest on the shot. His offense is mind-numbingly bad. 98 ORTG on only 14% USG should not even be possible for an NBA rotation player. McCaw would have to try really hard to be worse than that if you actually played him with decent players in non-garbage time, like Fred.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If Ibaka plays he needs to play with Lowry more.
                                Thats what I don't understand...If Embiid comes out early and Marc matches those minutes, doesn't that just help us by giving Ibaka more time early to play with Lowry??...I don't understand how thats not something Nurse would see right away!

Comment

Working...
                                X