Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    Yeah, you keep going with your fastball until they show they can't hit it. Then you go your curve and off-speed stuff. Simmons on Kawhi and Embiid on Siakam plus more aggressive double teams was talked about a quite a bit before Game 2, though. A bit surprising that Nurse didn't have any immediate counters.
    I was thinking back to one of the Orlando games where the bench was crap in the first half but Nurse stuck with it in the second half and Ibaka, Powell and FVV rewarded that faith and were really good. But they obviously didn't get it done in Game 2.

    Comment


    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Dude lol, i dont fucking care if im being tuned out. I dont get a buck for a click of my post.

      Its a thread, we express opinions. In a game thread, it can be over the top and repetitive. Its a game thread ffs.

      Seriously, if someone thinks that Nurse would hang around RR forum and based his game adjustment from a post opinion of one us is laughable.

      however if Steve Simmons or Michael Grange of the world bombards him with why questions then its a different story
      Interesting and telling that you thought I was referring to you

      Comment


      • G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Maybe some fans, media, coaching would bother listening more to the sage advice of the RR forum if the criticism wasn't so over the top, constant and damed repetitive. Maybe you're being tuned out for a reason? Beyond the fact that you're not an NBA Coach and have zero qualifications beyond being an emotional fanbase lol
        Golden..... we got another Sj over here...come do your thing......

        :P

        Comment




        • All season we've been fed this "experimenting" line, but it's just bullshit. Nurse isn't ready to be an NBA coach. If it weren't for Ibaka's hot start he'd have missed the top 4 with a team having Kawhi Leonard.

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

            Interesting and telling that you thought I was referring to you
            Aside from the good insider information on hops and malts which I appreciate, you have to at least give me your thoughts about Nick Nurse so far.

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Is Stan the guy you want rebuilding a program from the ground up?

                Comment


                • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                  Aside from the good insider information on hops and malts which I appreciate, you have to at least give me your thoughts about Nick Nurse so far.
                  I think with a VERY few exceptions, coaches are over rated and easy to criticize by armchair GM's. He's made some questionable lineup decisions but you have your #3-8 guys shooting at a .150 clip in the post season and brutal from the 3. Like virtually ever player except Kawhi and Siakam.

                  You run schemes to get guys open looks and you expect NBA players to drop them. When they don't, I don't throw blame on the low hanging fruit (Nurse), I think the players need to take a lot fo the repsonsibility. Nurse in the huddle urging Danny to shoot, Nurse trwice in interviews saying Gasol has to step up and score, Nurse in interviews saying they have to stop making too many passes and stop being afraid to shoot (looking at Kyle and Marc specifically).

                  Tightening up on the rotations is one thing but but I don't criticize him for guys being inexpeciably scared to shoot or historically low shooting percentages. Players have to accept some responsibity and we as fans need to place more of it where its warranted. jmo ....

                  Comment


                  • Sixers' Brett Brown is winning the coaching battle against Raptors' Nick Nurse

                    Brown is absolutely handing Nick Nurse his ass in this series so far.

                    The most important adjustment we saw in Game 2 was Brown sliding Joel Embiid onto Pascal Siakam and allowing Ben Simmons to take on Kawhi Leonard on a more full-time basis. Coming into Game 3, you would have expected the Sixers to keep everything the same, and for Toronto to develop some counters after having two days to think about those switches.

                    Wrong. The Sixers were proactive instead, and they shifted Embiid back to Marc Gasol and went with a more traditional lineup out of the gate, only to switch Embiid back onto Siakam later in the game. It was a rough night for both players whenever they were guarded by the big man, and the Raptors didn't have great answers for any alignment the Sixers rolled out there beyond, "Go do stuff, Kawhi Leonard."

                    Philadelphia has unorthodox rotations that get their starting group on the floor to begin second and fourth quarters, and Nurse has failed to respond to matchup issues the rotations have caused. Brown has made sure to get Embiid on the floor with Serge Ibaka as Toronto's center as much as possible, and the Sixers are absolutely battering the Raptors during those minutes.

                    Ibaka is... Sixers NETRTG with Embiid is...
                    On court 40.1
                    Off court 9.4

                    Those are numbers that make it look like the Sixers are playing the New York Knicks when the Raptors go their bench. And it's a direct product of how the Sixers have subbed their guys and shortened their rotation to put high-impact players on the floor as much as possible.

                    As we detailed in the wee hours of Friday morning, Philadelphia's plan to get Embiid involved in a multitude of ways was also a big key to Philadelphia's blowout win in Game 3. The Sixers have figured out a counter to Gasol's stout defense on Embiid, and they did so coming off of a big win on the road, which could have lulled them into a false sense of comfort heading home.

                    There has been none of that so far. Anytime the opposing coach is questioning his team's effort in a postgame presser, you know that you've taken the upper hand. That was all Nick Nurse wanted to discuss on Thursday night when questioned on adjustments the team might make.
                    https://www.phillyvoice.com/five-sta...er-kyle-lowry/

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                      I think with a VERY few exceptions, coaches are over rated and easy to criticize by armchair GM's. He's made some questionable lineup decisions but you have your #3-8 guys shooting at a .150 clip in the post season and brutal from the 3. Like virtually ever player except Kawhi and Siakam.

                      You run schemes to get guys open looks and you expect NBA players to drop them. When they don't, I don't throw blame on the low hanging fruit (Nurse), I think the players need to take a lot fo the repsonsibility. Nurse in the huddle urging Danny to shoot, Nurse trwice in interviews saying Gasol has to step up and score, Nurse in interviews saying they have to stop making too many passes and stop being afraid to shoot (looking at Kyle and Marc specifically).

                      Tightening up on the rotations is one thing but but I don't criticize him for guys being inexpeciably scared to shoot or historically low shooting percentages. Players have to accept some responsibity and we as fans need to place more of it where its warranted. jmo ....
                      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat May 4th, 2019, 10:04 AM.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post
                        Sixers' Brett Brown is winning the coaching battle against Raptors' Nick Nurse



                        https://www.phillyvoice.com/five-sta...er-kyle-lowry/

                        Comment


                        • I'm not sure you understand what a straw man argument is but whatever,

                          Either Nurse is putting them in plays that result in open looks and the players aren't making them or the players (despite Nurse) are putting themselves in position to make open looks but aren't making them. One or the other shouldn't be in dispute since it's supported by the facts.

                          And ffs you're playing a team that has Embiid, Simmons and Jimmy Buckets, Reddick, Harris, Scott and Greg flippin' Monroe has been eating out lunch. Why? Because we don't really have a single physical player.

                          What is the % of made threes in the last 2 games?
                          What are the total points of Lowry, Gasol, Serge, Danny and Norm is the last 2 games?
                          What are the toal points of the entire bench in the last 2 games?

                          You want to put the vast majority of the blame on Nurse (and you're in good company there) while I think the players deserve their share of the blame rather than taking the easy way out. That's not straw man it's the truth. Gasol and Lowry have to do more, they're more important to the outcome than the coach but he's low hanging fruit right? Why has Nurse had to resort to calling out his team? Because they're not doing (or capable of doing) what he's asking.....he's banging on them for EFFORT ffs....

                          Comment


                          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                            I'm not sure you understand what a straw man argument is but whatever,

                            Either Nurse is putting them in plays that result in open looks and the players aren't making them or the players (despite Nurse) are putting themselves in position to make open looks but aren't making them. One or the other shouldn't be in dispute since it's supported by the facts.

                            And ffs you're playing a team that has Embiid, Simmons and Jimmy Buckets, Reddick, Harris, Scott and Greg flippin' Monroe has been eating out lunch. Why? Because we don't really have a single physical player.

                            What is the % of made threes in the last 2 games?
                            What are the total points of Lowry, Gasol, Serge, Danny and Norm is the last 2 games?
                            What are the toal points of the entire bench in the last 2 games?

                            You want to put the vast majority of the blame on Nurse (and you're in good company there) while I think the players deserve their share of the blame rather than taking the easy way out. That's not straw man it's the truth. Gasol and Lowry have to do more, they're more important to the outcome than the coach but he's low hanging fruit right? Why has Nurse had to resort to calling out his team? Because they're not doing (or capable of doing) what he's asking.....he's banging on them for EFFORT ffs....
                            The question is not if Nurse is putting his players in position to succeed. All coaches do that, be it through: tactics, preparation, system, minutes, adjustments, clock management, motivation, etc... The main question is if Nurse is putting his players in a better position to succeed than Brett Brown is doing with his players. So far.... advantage Brown. The Philly article does a pretty good job of breaking that down.

                            Comment


                            • If the palyers magically find themselves wit open threes and brick them one by one, is it the coach's fault?
                              If the opposition's coach team goes 12 for 24 and the Raps go 7 for 27, did Brown put the 76ers in a better position doe to the fact that they dropped open shots? It's ridiculous.

                              Pascal 0 for 3 from 3
                              Gasol 0 for 1 from 3 (HOW does he only take 1 attempt in a game???)
                              Kyle 0 for 4
                              Serge 0 for 0 (HOW does he only take 0 attempts in a game???)
                              FVV was 0 for 5 from 3
                              Total for the team? 25%, abysmal and it felt like it was worse. Did Nurse put them in a position to succeed and the players brickedor did the players put themselves in a position to succeed and bricked?

                              btw, Danny went 3 for 6 an ou might remember they showed Nurse encouraging, no exhorting him to stop passing those up and take those threes. But no credit to his coach right?

                              Points aren't the only measuring stick but they aren't meaningless.
                              Gasol 7 points, Kyle 7 points, Serge 4 points, FVV 1 point. Even of Kahhi and Pascal go off for 60, you're not winning many games where the rest of the team gets you 30 points....

                              A couple of you guys are missing the point in that I don't think Nurse should escape criticism. It's just over the top and constant and greatly overestimates the value of a coach determining the making of open shots.

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                If the palyers magically find themselves wit open threes and brick them one by one, is it the coach's fault?
                                If the opposition's coach team goes 12 for 24 and the Raps go 7 for 27, did Brown put the 76ers in a better position doe to the fact that they dropped open shots? It's ridiculous.

                                Pascal 0 for 3 from 3
                                Gasol 0 for 1 from 3 (HOW does he only take 1 attempt in a game???)
                                Kyle 0 for 4
                                Serge 0 for 0 (HOW does he only take 0 attempts in a game???)
                                FVV was 0 for 5 from 3
                                Total for the team? 25%, abysmal and it felt like it was worse. Did Nurse put them in a position to succeed and the players brickedor did the players put themselves in a position to succeed and bricked?

                                btw, Danny went 3 for 6 an ou might remember they showed Nurse encouraging, no exhorting him to stop passing those up and take those threes. But no credit to his coach right?

                                Points aren't the only measuring stick but they aren't meaningless.
                                Gasol 7 points, Kyle 7 points, Serge 4 points, FVV 1 point. Even of Kahhi and Pascal go off for 60, you're not winning many games where the rest of the team gets you 30 points....

                                A couple of you guys are missing the point in that I don't think Nurse should escape criticism. It's just over the top and constant and greatly overestimates the value of a coach determining the making of open shots.
                                So, in the interest of you being totally objective..... what criticism of Nurse is valid?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X