Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G__Deane wrote: View Post
    If the palyers magically find themselves wit open threes and brick them one by one, is it the coach's fault?
    If the opposition's coach team goes 12 for 24 and the Raps go 7 for 27, did Brown put the 76ers in a better position doe to the fact that they dropped open shots? It's ridiculous.

    Pascal 0 for 3 from 3
    Gasol 0 for 1 from 3 (HOW does he only take 1 attempt in a game???)
    Kyle 0 for 4
    Serge 0 for 0 (HOW does he only take 0 attempts in a game???)
    FVV was 0 for 5 from 3
    Total for the team? 25%, abysmal and it felt like it was worse. Did Nurse put them in a position to succeed and the players brickedor did the players put themselves in a position to succeed and bricked?

    btw, Danny went 3 for 6 an ou might remember they showed Nurse encouraging, no exhorting him to stop passing those up and take those threes. But no credit to his coach right?

    Points aren't the only measuring stick but they aren't meaningless.
    Gasol 7 points, Kyle 7 points, Serge 4 points, FVV 1 point. Even of Kahhi and Pascal go off for 60, you're not winning many games where the rest of the team gets you 30 points....

    A couple of you guys are missing the point in that I don't think Nurse should escape criticism. It's just over the top and constant and greatly overestimates the value of a coach determining the making of open shots.
    Good post man.
    I fear some guys are so in love with their fav team, or players, they just have blurred vision when it comes to reality.

    This team isn't playing well, they are getting ALL the same looks they nailed in the regular season, but, aside from 2-3 guys, they are literally shrinking in front of everyone.

    Da fuck I, as a fan, will ever respect that, and I, as a fan, am completely allowed to rip these tools for it. They need to stp the fuck up and play with some heart, and some balls.

    Lowry is my least favourite right now, they all call him the teams leader in the media...heh, wow.

    Comment


    • Nick Nurse coached in Game 4, yet two of his gatorade drinkers are still on this Players have to shoot and Referees suck narrative.

      Raptors shooting was still piss poor
      Referees were still morons especially Marc Davis

      yet

      Nick Nurse actually coached as why he was hired for:

      1. Shortening minutes of his most limited player Van Vleet

      2. Tethered Marc Gasol most of the game against Embiid

      3. Two successful Critical After time out plays

      4. Threw off Brett Brown by rolling out the twin towers of Marc and Serge. Plus even playing Siakam with the two bigs

      5. Maximizing his starters, all the burn and most especially his best player Kawhi

      the coach coached

      Point fucking proven !

      Comment


      • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Nick Nurse coached in Game 4, yet two of his gatorade drinkers are still on this Players have to shoot and Referees suck narrative.

        Raptors shooting was still piss poor
        Referees were still morons especially Marc Davis

        yet

        Nick Nurse actually coached as why he was hired for:

        1. Shortening minutes of his most limited player Van Vleet

        2. Tethered Marc Gasol most of the game against Embiid

        3. Two successful Critical After time out plays

        4. Threw off Brett Brown by rolling out the twin towers of Marc and Serge. Plus even playing Siakam with the two bigs

        5. Maximizing his starters, all the burn and most especially his best player Kawhi

        the coach coached

        Point fucking proven !
        the Ibaka Gasol front court was big. and a look we can go to later in the series. like mccaw got some run he looked nice. surprised it came at the expense of norm and not FVV. still good adjustments. we got the upper hand heading home now.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

          the Ibaka Gasol front court was big. and a look we can go to later in the series. like mccaw got some run he looked nice. surprised it came at the expense of norm and not FVV. still good adjustments. we got the upper hand heading home now.
          Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post

            Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.
            kyle is basically the brain using ibakas body to score him pts midrange and in tight that kyle cant get anymore

            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post

              Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.
              FVV drags himself down

              Comment


              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                the Ibaka Gasol front court was big. and a look we can go to later in the series. like mccaw got some run he looked nice. surprised it came at the expense of norm and not FVV. still good adjustments. we got the upper hand heading home now.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post

                  Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.
                  Watching Kyle & Serge play meaningful minutes together reminds me of when I go visit my mother and she makes a warm comfy meal: sometimes i feel like it could use a bit more spice, but I never say anything, and I always know it's gonna nourish me and get the job done.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    kyle is basically the brain using ibakas body to score him pts midrange and in tight that kyle cant get anymore

                    Post of the playoffs so far
                    It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                    Comment


                    • was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

                      his only plan really was to reduce FVV minutes and have a bit more McCaw

                      ​​​​​

                      Comment


                      • spicy_d wrote: View Post
                        was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

                        his only plan really was to reduce FVV minutes and have a bit more McCaw

                        ​​​​​
                        he also matched gasol with Embiid a lot more than before which was good
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                        Comment


                        • Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever

                          Comment


                          • Kash_ville wrote: View Post
                            Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever
                            lol agree

                            Comment


                            • spicy_d wrote: View Post
                              was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

                              his only plan really was to reduce FVV minutes and have a bit more McCaw

                              ​​​​​
                              Nurse suggested in an interview that the Raptors would maybe try to get a little bigger on the floor. It worked. He tried going smaller previously but all of the Philly players being taller, and also having arms that they could raise up in the air, made shooting over them difficult. Something that, in retrospect, should have been obvious. So good adjustment.

                              Comment


                              • Kash_ville wrote: View Post
                                Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever
                                Once they have a player measurably better than FVV, this could work. More McCaw or Norm in FVV's place won't change anything. The coach telling FVV to get off ball would help...

                                But that's OG. Once he's back, they could conceivably go to a super big lineup with Siakam and Kawhi as ball handlers while Lowry gets his rest, and he can obviously eat up the minutes Powell is playing as an extra wing in the rotation. Until he's back though, the only solution is to limit those minutes, which Nurse did admirably in game 4.

                                Which is another big upside to playing Ibaka at the 4 - if you cover off 48 minutes of PF with Ibaka and Siakam, Kawhi's minutes all shift up to the wing, leaving fewer minutes there for guys like Norm and McCaw and Fred to fill.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X