Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse
    replied
    bye nick you won us a championship but it was time.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lmao ????
    Holy crap, I watched the whole presser while working but missed that part. Shots fired
    I'm surprised Masai would even repeat that, get some shooters and a bench, stat!

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

No, it's the pubco that has to believe in them optically if not fundamentally. There's no question that Masai believes in them whole heartedly. It's also possible that we place good corporate citizens and culture, entirely too high on the hiring spectrum to produce ultimate winners.

Prick or Nice guy?
    MJ - P
    Kobe - P
    lebron - P
    Shaq - bully P
    Bird - P
    Garnett - P
    Durant - P
    Embiid, Tatum, Brown, Smart - P

Giannis - NG
    Kawhi - NG
    Dirk - NG
    Steph Curry - NG
    Tim Duncan - NG
    Pascal, FVV(?) OG, Scotty - NG

We have a few decently talented nice guys. But none from column "P"
    Kawhi is a P too.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    Nick saying good luck with thise guys is pretty sad, its not going to change much on any other team he goes to. He doesn't seem to realize that's the job, managing people AND the strategy.

I for one am happy, nurse made a lot of clear and obvious mistakes and never acknowledged or tried to fix them. If you cant even see your mistakes how can you fix them? He was also probably the most hated coach in terms of yelling at the refs, I have no doubt human nature takes over the refs and this cost us all year long at every game.

I just hope we get someone competent to replace him. (Hopefully someone better)
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Fri Apr 21, 2023, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

If you don’t think Masai believes whole heartedly in the social causes he supports I think you’re way off base.
    No, it's the pubco that has to believe in them optically if not fundamentally. There's no question that Masai believes in them whole heartedly. It's also possible that we place good corporate citizens and culture, entirely too high on the hiring spectrum to produce ultimate winners.

Prick or Nice guy?
    MJ - P
    Kobe - P
    lebron - P
    Shaq - bully P
    Bird - P
    Garnett - P
    Durant - P
    Embiid, Tatum, Brown, Smart - P

Giannis - NG
    Kawhi - NG
    Dirk - NG
    Steph Curry - NG
    Tim Duncan - NG
    Pascal, FVV(?) OG, Scotty - NG

We have a few decently talented nice guys. But none from column "P"

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    If Nick really wanted VanBet to play offball at the start of the season-
    Is that how powerful this top50 player is?
    Blatantly bullshitting his coach's plans and getting away with it?
    We have to be careful on what we post Kag, people would once again accuse us of having narratives or bitching/crying or moaning lol.

But those accusations have lost its value of what happened today lol.

Did we both pointed out after that last game (game 82), Nick Nurse may just have his ultimate revenge by exposing VanVleet’s declining defense by assigning him to Lavine all game lol.

then hurled his parting shot to Masai today, “good luck with that roster” ouch.

To NN’s defense, he started with good intentions and his positive vision going into the season. But he chose the easier route. He thought no accountability for the 29 year old Raptor veteran would preserve his job.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

porject 6'9 but we like guards and we like centers

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Win what? The play-in? Lol.

The standard has been lowered for geniuses, I see.
    8th seed we're coming for ya. #UnfinishedBusiness

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

good job trading those picks

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    NN distributed role cards from the get go and pointed out VanVleet’s change in his game.

the mofer player has his own personal agenda, contract season, turned down a huge pay raise, fired his agent and hired new representation with more clout, media tour during the course of season about his role with the team and his specific relationship with Scottie, talking about his top 50 ranking in the league, post season presser talked about chaos

Rewind: Nick Nurse on game 21 (11-10 record-1 game above 500) chose to call out Trent, then benched Trent and Scottie. Zero accountability for VanVleet.

the rest is history.
    If Nick really wanted VanBet to play offball at the start of the season-
    Is that how powerful this top50 player is?
    Blatantly bullshitting his coach's plans and getting away with it?

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    NN distributed role cards from the get go and pointed out VanVleet’s change in his game.

the mofer player has his own personal agenda, contract season, turned down a huge pay raise, fired his agent and hired new representation with more clout, media tour during the course of season about his role with the team and his specific relationship with Scottie, talking about his top 50 ranking in the league, post season presser talked about chaos

Rewind: Nick Nurse on game 21 (11-10 record-1 game above 500) chose to call out Trent, then benched Trent and Scottie. Zero accountability for VanVleet.

the rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Rewind September 2022….And I already pointed it out before…

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...-more-off-ball

"(Fred)'s going to play off the ball a lot," Nurse told reporters in Victoria, B.C. on Tuesday. "Again, I think that's where we've seen the shift in Scottie, Pascal, even O.G. probably, bringing it up the floor. You guys know I love it because I think that gets those guys in not necessarily open floor situations put defenses on the move situations and then you've got Freddy, Gary, some of those guys on the perimeter ready to shoot if they do touch the paint and the defense collapses. So it's a good way to create some early offense."
    to think of it….the player that he wanted to change his game right off the bat was the one IMO who may have ushered his demise as a coach. No accountability.

collateral damage of VanVleet: Coach and the rest of the team most especially Scottie

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

I mean you can't win with this roster. That should be obvious by now?
    Win what? The play-in? Lol.

The standard has been lowered for geniuses, I see.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Overall, Nurse went 277-163 in five seasons with Toronto and was the NBA coach of the year in 2019. In five seasons (2018-23), Nurse had the best winning percentage in team history (.582), made three playoff appearances, won two Atlantic Division titles, an Eastern Conference title and an NBA title.
    that was a hell of a resume

you can’t just fire a coach like that and stay put….common sense
    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Apr 21, 2023, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    At least the first thing masai said was SHOOTING

Leave a comment:

Working...
X