X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post

I think Ziyan is insinuating that Nick was throwing shade at the players... like no one can win with that roster.
    I mean you can't win with this roster. That should be obvious by now?

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post

I think Ziyan is insinuating that Nick was throwing shade at the players... like no one can win with that roster.
    Nurse had been tuned out... confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lmao ????

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Lmao ????

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    A lot of Boston fans and media members think Ime commanded a great amount of respect in the locker room, held everyone accountable, and even called out Brown and Tatum for jacking long twos. I think Tatum especially was on his mamba mentality bull shit and Ime stomped that out immediately. All that being said, Ime could possible talk some sense into FVV, Pascal etc. and also motivate Scottie in a better way. The intangibles are what we’d be betting on, plus a more conventional offence/defence.
    I think that's what the change is about. Nurse is very very good at in game adjustments, weird schemes, thinking outside the box. But a coach also has to coach. Reading the room, demanding from your players, having an agenda and sticking to it, keeping the locker room. The agenda of getting your players paid is a bs mantra. I think it works well when you're in the trenches and getting your guys called up. But when you're at the top you got to act like it.

There was a visible thing with this year's team. Something was not right. That starts at the top (and if we are talking chemistry issues inside the locker room that's the coach) So this is step 1. If step 2 is a player adjustment so be it. But after a season like that, there had to be a fundamental change.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    They could run it back, not the only possible outcome, especially after what happened in 2018. Masai fires Casey, Lebron leaves to go West. Masai had all the reason to keep DeMar and run it back and say "Lebron left, East is open". Instead he traded for Kawhi and the rest is history.
    Rarely does an accomplished coach leave an organization if the team is on its way up the curve.
    Nurse kinda signaled his frustration with the lack of resources at those play in pressers.

There is no earthly reason to bring back the band, as is, and expect them do anything more than what we saw this year.
    Its what they are.

The ball is squarely with the front office to get some more talent and some different talent.
    4 years have passed since 2019.
    The natives are restless.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Depending on who coaches next, my biggest takeaway might be that MLSE is in cost cutting mode.

Thanks for the chip, Nick. You were the right horse for the right course and had impeccable luck & timing.

But you ended up losing your initial innovation mojo and became hilariously overrated, but I do admire the hustle - exploiting the spoils of victory to build your brand.
    For what it's worth, a buddy of mine works there in finance and he has told me that the Leafs, TFC and Raps basically get whatever they want when it comes to money.

Now, money may have been a factor in that if thye give him a 3-year deal, then that's 4 years at likely ~$40 million and if they start off 12-20 next season what do you do? You're stuck. I think this was simply that the front office lost confidence in the coach, the coach lost confidence in the front office and the players and coach aren't on the same page. Can't invest $40 million in that case.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Bobby should make bold moves and like the Mandalorians would say…”this is the way”

or his seat should be warmer next.

you cannot just fire a new coach and rest your laurels once again

complacency was the word his boss used during the presser.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

The hiring of the new coach should be before the draft and free agency

Could be quicker and most likely plans are in place to hire the new guy sooner than later

then most likely would have a voice on who to keep or let go
    If Ime is our guy it should happen very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

It was never likely, but only could have happened if we were still enamored with Nick.

Anyways, time for the big decisions. Fred, Trent, Pascal, OG, the bench, what are we gonna do with all these guys?
    The hiring of the new coach should be before the draft and free agency

Could be quicker and most likely plans are in place to hire the new guy sooner than later

then most likely would have a voice on who to keep or let go

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

You have to understand the whole optics issues; keep away from controversy, protect the share price, draft only "nice personality" players, meet their families etc., support all the right social causes when you're owned by a mega-corp. They'd have to do more than "everyone deserves a second chance" because although that's true, that doesn't mean you're guaranteed another multi million $$$ pay cheque in a world where there's only a handful of openings every few years.
    If you don’t think Masai believes whole heartedly in the social causes he supports I think you’re way off base.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    A lot of Boston fans and media members think Ime commanded a great amount of respect in the locker room, held everyone accountable, and even called out Brown and Tatum for jacking long twos. I think Tatum especially was on his mamba mentality bull shit and Ime stomped that out immediately. All that being said, Ime could possible talk some sense into FVV, Pascal etc. and also motivate Scottie in a better way. The intangibles are what we’d be betting on, plus a more conventional offence/defence.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    For the record, me not wanting Udoka has nothing to do with his off court stuff. People are acting like he murdered someone. Dude deserves a second chance(just not with the Raptors). I'm not into all that cancel culture bullshit. I'd like to know why a team as talented as the Celtics underachieved in the 1st half last year.

#TeamJama
    You have to understand the whole optics issues; keep away from controversy, protect the share price, draft only "nice personality" players, meet their families etc., support all the right social causes when you're owned by a mega-corp. They'd have to do more than "everyone deserves a second chance" because although that's true, that doesn't mean you're guaranteed another multi million $$$ pay cheque in a world where there's only a handful of openings every few years.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Funny though about people expectation trading Nick Nurse to Houston for a compensation. Yes, It has happened in the past. But I think Houston can already see the writing on the wall that NN’s days as a Raptors headcoach was just a matter of time …. Why would they give up an asset when they can hire him as a free agent outright.
    It was never likely, but only could have happened if we were still enamored with Nick.

Anyways, time for the big decisions. Fred, Trent, Pascal, OG, the bench, what are we gonna do with all these guys?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Early thoughts on a replacement are: don't really want to see anybody on the current staff promoted. Not a huge Udoka fan but could see them going that way. Stackhouse would be interesting, was part of the development successes of the moderately recent past but separated enough from the most recent setbacks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X