Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    Think about the precedent it sets. The coaches union doesn't want GMs thinking that you can fire a 59-win COY and get away with it. On the contrary....Nurse is making Masai look like a genius.
    this is the real answer

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      Think about the precedent it sets. The coaches union doesn't want GMs thinking that you can fire a 59-win COY and get away with it. On the contrary....Nurse is making Masai look like a genius.
      Masai was the one that hired Nurse I believe, Casey was hired by Colangelo. Masai knows his shit. I was always surprised he kept Casey around for so long.

      Comment


      • Maury wrote: View Post

        Even though the two other guys that won happen to also be white?
        Hence the rolled eye emoji .... should have used the pink font

        Comment


        • The slights and disrespect have been good for this team for several seasons now. Keep adding fuel to the fire.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

            Hence the rolled eye emoji .... should have used the pink font
            I suspect your jokes on race will continue to fall flat no matter what font you use.

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Not really digging the beard nick
              He looks like a gamer who wears a fedora and when he holds the door open for a girl he says "but of course, m'lady" and tips his hat
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                He looks like a gamer who wears a fedora and when he holds the door open for a girl he says "but of course, m'lady" and tips his hat
                I was thinking more homeless dude living under a bridge drinking tall boy Bradors outta a paper bag
                Orrrrrrr........ a loner that lives in a hole in the ground in a forest in Montana, refusing to pay taxes

                Couldn't decide which one was closer.

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                  I was thinking more homeless dude living under a bridge drinking tall boy Bradors outta a paper bag
                  Orrrrrrr........ a loner that lives in a hole in the ground in a forest in Montana, refusing to pay taxes

                  Couldn't decide which one was closer.
                  That's a life I aspire to more and more every day.
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    That's a life I aspire to more and more every day.
                    It's a great life

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      He was one vote shy of tieing the other two guys.. that's not bad.. considering there are 29 votes (ie, I'm sure you can't vote for yourself). What Bud has done is remarkable. Same with Donovan. I think Nurse was better, but it's not like a unanimous decision or anything. He fielded a good team that was hurt a lot. But in the same breath, he didn't have a top 10 offense. Didn't do so well against +.500 teams compared to others. Perhaps the expectation was that they'd be bad.. but that's a media interpreted expectation. Maybe in the NBA, teams and coaches just assumed the Raptors were going to be good, even without Kawhi.

                      With OKC there was an expectation that they would be tanking. With the Bucks you could assume they would take a step back with Brogdon not being there, yet I think they were on pace to have a better record than last year.

                      I think the media will vote in Nurse though, and that's the more recognizable award in the NBA anyway.
                      Yeah agree with this. He almost tied for the winners in votes so I don't see him being slighted or singled out for the Casey firing. The other two coaches were equally deserving for the jobs they've done. Nurse has been way better than I could have imagined. Can't wait to see what he has up his sleeves for this years playoff run.

                      Comment


                      • So, Nate McMillan had one year left on his contract and just got extended by the Pacers. Nurse is in the exact same situation. Why hasn't he been extended already? Masai too, btw. WTF is going on with Masai & Nurse?

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post
                          So, Nate McMillan had one year left on his contract and just got extended by the Pacers. Nurse is in the exact same situation. Why hasn't he been extended already? Masai too, btw. WTF is going on with Masai & Nurse?
                          Masai doesn't want to get re-signed and Nurse is waiting to see what he does. I imagine Masai will want his guy in new place
                          Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Aug 12th, 2020, 10:17 AM.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                            Masai doesn't want to get re-signed and Nurse is waiting to see what he does. I imagine Masai will want his guy in new place
                            You think Masai is leaving?

                            I don't think he's going anywhere and neither one wanted an in-season distraction with so much time in a regular off season to get things done.

                            Plus, another chip and Nurse will be fresh off the next Coach Of the Year award means more $$$

                            Comment


                            • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                              You think Masai is leaving?

                              I don't think he's going anywhere and neither one wanted an in-season distraction with so much time in a regular off season to get things done.

                              Plus, another chip and Nurse will be fresh off the next Coach Of the Year award means more $$$
                              They should have extended Nurse as soon as Kawhi & Danny left, when everybody expected the Raps to collapse. That would have been Masai & Bobby's job to make that smart (and obvious) move, so I dunno WTF is going on here.

                              Comment


                              • golden wrote: View Post

                                They should have extended Nurse as soon as Kawhi & Danny left, when everybody expected the Raps to collapse. That would have been Masai & Bobby's job to make that smart (and obvious) move, so I dunno WTF is going on here.
                                The team has been pretty clear that they don't have these conversations (Masai and Bobby have both said that re: themselves and Nurse, as I recall) until the break before the final year of the deal and they don't want to have that conversation until then. That break just got pushed a good bit by the pandemic. It's not very common to do extensions before that point in pro sports in general. Sure, they could try to have that conversation now, but I don't think Masai, Bobby or Nick want to distract themselves from the current playoff run.

                                Look, there very well may be something to be concerned about. If we enter next season with neither coach nor GM extended that will be concerning. Right now it's literally no news. Nothing has happened that shouldn't have and nothing hasn't happened that should have.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X