X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    For the record, me not wanting Udoka has nothing to do with his off court stuff. People are acting like he murdered someone. Dude deserves a second chance(just not with the Raptors). I'm not into all that cancel culture bullshit. I'd like to know why a team as talented as the Celtics underachieved in the 1st half last year.

#TeamJama
    This is dumb take. It was his first year as a coach with a team that underwhelmed every year under Stevens. It took him half a season to make them the best defensive team in the league and take them to the finals.

But sure harp on the fact it took him a whole half a season to get them where they needed to be. Raptors can't possibly wait that long right?

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Funny though about people expectation trading Nick Nurse to Houston for a compensation. Yes, It has happened in the past. But I think Houston can already see the writing on the wall that NN’s days as a Raptors headcoach was just a matter of time …. Why would they give up an asset when they can hire him as a free agent outright.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    For the record, me not wanting Udoka has nothing to do with his off court stuff. People are acting like he murdered someone. Dude deserves a second chance(just not with the Raptors). I'm not into all that cancel culture bullshit. I'd like to know why a team as talented as the Celtics underachieved in the 1st half last year.

#TeamJama
    From what i remember recent celtic success was whenever williams was playing

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

#TeamJama
    I like Jama as well.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

#TeamJama

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    He wont run it back cuz if they spin their tires again he’ll look bad firing nurse for nothing

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Depending on who coaches next, my biggest takeaway might be that MLSE is in cost cutting mode.

Thanks for the chip, Nick. You were the right horse for the right course and had impeccable luck & timing.

But you ended up losing your initial innovation mojo and became hilariously overrated, but I do admire the hustle - exploiting the spoils of victory to build your brand.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post
    What do you want in a new Coach?
    "quality of a person"

I guess he's out
    Jama is #1 on my list.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Masai mentions selfishness again.
    "We like continuity here"
    -Fred is back
    It was a half hearted commitment….he however said about the importance of VanVleet and Siakam fit with the new coach’s system

Yet he elaborated more of Scottie’s development

Figuring out the roster, who fits and who doesn’t fit

This would be more on Bobby now.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    What do you want in a new Coach?
    "quality of a person"

I guess he's out

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    -Fred is back
    He just fired his coach, so..
    Go all in, Masai!

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    -Fred is back

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    Yak back 99% chance
    FVV back 90%
    GTJr back 60%

Nurse back 0%
    Webster fired in 12 months 80%
    Another year of mediocrity incoming 100%

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    At first this is encouraging and the least corporate-speak of anything he's said
    "I think changes are going to be made on all fronts,"

but then he throws out this
    "But we believe in the players we have. Whether it's tweaks or major changes, we're going to look at everything."

I'm betting on tweaks
    tweak….letting go of VanVleet lol.

Scottie’s life would be much easier

its a no doubter

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    At first this is encouraging and the least corporate-speak of anything he's said
    "I think changes are going to be made on all fronts,"

but then he throws out this
    "But we believe in the players we have. Whether it's tweaks or major changes, we're going to look at everything."

I'm betting on tweaks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X