Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Upgraded? That is yet to be determined and not going to be an easy task...he'll be measured in part by how many wins he can get out of this team (if it remains the same). Not an easy accomplishment to top a record breaking season.
    Yeah the 59 mark is irrelevant. Just be top 3 or top 4 and don't spread your ass cheeks open for LeBron to go in dry this time
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
      Nah, he'll be measured by post-season success, because that's why his predecessor was fired. Raptors finish the regular season as a mid playoff seed and yet get to the ECF, that's a great first season for Nurse.
      This.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Yeah the 59 mark is irrelevant. Just be top 3 or top 4 and don't spread your ass cheeks open for LeBron to go in dry this time
      and... sort of this? yeah, sure. this.

Comment

And even then, sure, maybe upgraded isn't a fair term. I had love for Case. Always will.

But I couldn't bear to watch those mistakes in the playoffs any longer.

That's not to say Nick Nurse or Ettore Messina ...or even Gregg Popovich can get this squad past Lebron.

Something new had to come. And I trust Masai's decision-making here. He knows all that's at stake.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I thought Woj had nothing on Masai. Where is he getting all this from? Is Masai leaking it?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            I thought Woj had nothing on Masai. Where is he getting all this from? Is Masai leaking it?
            It's most likely through agent connections.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I don't even know if the Raps need home court in the first round. They are a historically bad road playoff team though so it would help.. but the goal posts are all about playoff success. We really need to fast forward time to next April/May.

Comment

Is Nurse's contract the cheapest for a coach right now?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Haha is that basically also a shot at Stackhouse?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  Wasn't meant to be...

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Here is a list of coach's salaries.. not sure when it got published:
                    https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-nba/

Looks like he might be in the bottom 3rd of the league (but not the cheapest).. although some salaries aren't listed.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      I can't find a good list but it seems reasonable based on what I am seeing. Joerger got $4M/3 years. Watson got $2.5/3. Walton got $5/5 years somehow. Atkinson got $2.5/4 years.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I don't even know if the Raps need home court in the first round. They are a historically bad road playoff team though so it would help.. but the goal posts are all about playoff success. We really need to fast forward time to next April/May.
                        Are they historically bad?
                        2018: 1-4 on the road
                        2017: 1-4 on the road
                        2016: 2-7 on the road
                        2015: 0-2
                        2014: 1-2

That's 5-19 with this iteration of the Raptors, which looks bad, but winning on the road in the playoffs is difficult. I don't think that is anywhere close to a historically bad mark. The 2008 Celtics won the championship and still only went 3-9 on the road.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          Are they historically bad?
                          2018: 1-4 on the road
                          2017: 1-4 on the road
                          2016: 2-7 on the road
                          2015: 0-2
                          2014: 1-2

That's 5-19 with this iteration of the Raptors, which looks bad, but winning on the road in the playoffs is difficult. I don't think that is anywhere close to a historically bad mark. The 2008 Celtics won the championship and still only went 3-9 on the road.
                          May have exaggerated a tad. 5-19 is pretty bad though. 3-9 is bad too.

Comment

• Spoelstra is making 3MIL? Damn! He would be the coach to try to pick off

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Spoelstra is making 3MIL? Damn! He would be the coach to try to pick off
                              He is a capo for the Mickey arison mafia

One does not simply leave the mob
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                So Nurse wasn't in the NBA prior to Casey bringing him in?
                                Ujiri hired him his first year as GM because Casey was doing so poorly. Presumably so he had the coach he really wanted under contract and ready to takeover when he inevitably fired Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X