No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like we are striking out on Nurses staff.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Seems like we are striking out on Nurses staff.
      Not surprised. Nurse doesn't strike me as a relationship-oriented, influencer type of personality. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of first-timers and beta types. The Casey firing was universally despised by the NBA coaching fraternity and especially after he wins COTY today. lol. Good luck, Nick.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
        Anyone excited to see the terrifying defensive combo of pascal and OG develop under nurse? With his ability to actually draw up offense that maximizes guys strengths I hope we are able to see these two on the court together more often. A few years from now they will both be capable of switching 1 to 5 I think, which will make life hell for opossing teams offenses.
        I am!
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Seems like we are striking out on Nurses staff.
          This is bad

Edit.. scratch that. Griffin is a good hire
          Last edited by tDotted; Mon Jun 25, 2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• https://newsok.com/article/5514716/o...to-the-thunder

Two seasons ago, Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler waited to receive his Most Improved Player award and heap praise on his assistant coach. As Butler sat with his hands in his lap, the master of ceremonies read off the accolades of the Bulls staffers seated beside the young All-Star.

Adrian Griffin wasn't sitting on the stage, but Butler made sure to single him out in his acceptance speech.

“All my coaches had a lot to do with it,” Butler said. “… but I think Adrian Griffin had a lot because he had to deal with me just being unbearable.

“I think he has a lot to do with who I am.”
              After Thibodeau and his staff were let go in Chicago in May of 2015, it didn't take long for Griffin to land a job as an assistant with Orlando. When Chicago and Orlando played last season, Butler walked into the visitors' locker room before the game with a bag. Inside the bag was a handwritten letter from Butler, thanking Griffin for the impact he's had on his career.

Also inside the bag: a Rolex watch.

Griffin found Butler after the game and said while the Rolex might be worth tens of thousands of dollars, it was the handwritten note was priceless.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So far, crickets from Marc Stein.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Not surprised. Nurse doesn't strike me as a relationship-oriented, influencer type of personality. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of first-timers and beta types. The Casey firing was universally despised by the NBA coaching fraternity and especially after he wins COTY today. lol. Good luck, Nick.
                  I don’t really believe this to be true, despite them voting for COTY. Anyone who watched that last series with their eyeballs could see that he fucked it up. It’s incredible that he stayed with the franchise as long as he had — few coaches in the NBA have at present, obviously. Changes needed to be made, and after this long, and this many failed attempts, it starts with the coach. I imagine everyone gets that to some degree. For all of Casey’s talents for getting a group to come together and play as a squad. I doubt it’s much of a surprise to anyone there that he’s not much of a tactician. Even if we didn’t come out on top against Cleveland... we sure as hell shouldn’t have been swept in the fashion we were.

Love ya Dwane. Best to you in all your future endeavors. But sorry... a fraternity as coaches may be, this wasn’t some big surprise.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

So far, crickets from Marc Stein.
                    Adrian Griffin? really? lol. This team is fucked.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Adrian Griffin? really? lol. This team is fucked.
                      How so? Now Nurse can play the bad-cop role and hold players accountable and let the assistant smooth over the egos. That's the way it's supposed to be. With Casey, he played the affable dad role and Masai had to do the dirty work. That was wrong.

Comment

• The reality is, Lewenberg, Grange etc..will say "well regarded" whoever the Raptors hire just to pump up the fanbase. I'm not falling for it.

I didn't even know Griffin is a coach now.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Everything Nick Nurse

TRex wrote: View Post
                          The reality is, Lewenberg, Grange etc..will say "well regarded" whoever the Raptors hire just to pump up the fanbase. I'm not falling for it.

Hes been an assistant for a decade now. Just because he is unknown to you, the team is fucked? Lol...

He is well regarded around the league. Gained a lot of recognition when Jimmy Butler specifically mentioned Griffin for his role in Jimmy’s MIP season.

Comment

The reality is, Lewenberg, Grange etc..will say "well regarded" whoever the Raptors hire just to pump up the fanbase. I'm not falling for it.

Have been doing some reading on him and talking to OKC writers. He has a great reputation.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I guess you don't follow the NBA. Griffin's name has come up for head coaching jobs before.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Hes been an assistant for a decade now. Just because he is unknown to you, the team is fucked? Lol...
                                EXACTLY lmao. You just proved my point. He's been an assistant for a DECADE now and he's NEVER been in the conversation as a potential coach. What does that tell you?
                                lol

"Well Regarded" my ass.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X