No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point I'm convinced that Masai could trade the Raptors roster for the Warriors' and T-Rex would find a way to complain about it.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I have no idea who he is. Good to see a guy like Butler give him some credit though. Looks like he's a defensive coach. OKC had a top 10 defense (9th overall) last year. So I guess I'm hoping for the best here.

Comment

• Well now that the incredibly crucial, viscerally tense , vital to the strategic direction of the franchise, dressing room calming and dog gone just about the most important move in the offseason of bringing on an assistant coach role has been completed...... the GM can breathe a sigh of relief and take it easy.

Next up.. the rather tedious and boring Free Agency and Trade window over the next couple weeks that will shape the teams chances and direction ...... and painting the foyer to his office.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Raptors signed coaches with strong developmental background so if tank is ever employed we will have coaches who can develop young guys on a team. I'm pro-tank but it's abundantly clear that teardown will take a while to complete. Don't see the point of talking about it after every move Raps make.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            I'm just a little surprised that after Nurse saying that a huge priority was bringing in assistants who had HC experience at some level, and then the first guy they hire is from the player->AC mold.
            T-Rex being wrong about "well regarded' aside, lol, I'm also a bit disappointed that Griffin is the first coaching staff hire. Is Nurse being frozen out by the NBA coaching brotherhood as punishment for Masai sacrificing Casey?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              At this point I'm convinced that Masai could trade the Raptors roster for the Warriors' and T-Rex would find a way to complain about it.
              Curry, Klay, Draymond, Durant. Only a fool would complain when you have a roster like that.

But when you have a roster like Toronto. And the fact that they keep wetting the bed every year in the playoffs, specially their two "stars" ....only a fool would say everything is "fine"

And no Nick Nurse is not going to make a difference. Their offense might be a little better but they're not beating top end teams in the playoffs.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                T-Rex being wrong about "well regarded' aside, lol, I'm also a bit disappointed that Griffin is the first coaching staff hire. Is Nurse being frozen out by the NBA coaching brotherhood as punishment for Masai sacrificing Casey?
                what do you mean? who did they miss out on except Sarunas Jasikevicius who is not even in NBA?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Just because a couple of bad teams interviewed him as a potential HC doesn't mean he's "well regarded" lol

If the Raptors hired him as their head coach a couple of weeks ago. What would your reaction be? EXACTLY.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    what do you mean? who did they miss out on except Sarunas Jasikevicius who is not even in NBA?
                    There was also Chris Finch from New Orleans. Pelicans wouldn't allow us to talk to him.

Comment

• Blow. It. Up.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Just because a couple of bad teams interviewed him as a potential HC doesn't mean he's "well regarded" lol

If the Raptors hired him as their head coach a couple of weeks ago. What would your reaction be? EXACTLY.
                        Raptors should hire assistants Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Bill belichek and the ghost of red Auerbach. Still be a shitty franchise with a stupid GM and dumb fans but at least we'd have someone well regarded
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Raptors should hire assistants Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Bill belichek and the ghost of red Auerbach. Still be a shitty franchise with a stupid GM and dumb fans but at least we'd have someone well regarded
                          I would look at someone like Jay Larranaga of the Celtics and Ron Adams of the Warriors. Those two are actually well regarded assistants.

But at the end of the day it's not going to matter because this roster blows. No heart, no competitive spirit. When you don't have a superstar on your team you better compete like your life depends on it. But they played like complete pussies against the Cavs.

I want change.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I would look at someone like Jay Larranaga of the Celtics and Ron Adams of the Warriors. Those two are actually well regarded assistants.

But at the end of the day it's not going to matter because this roster blows. No heart, no competitive spirit. When you don't have a superstar on your team you better compete like your life depends on it. But they played like complete pussies against the Cavs.

I want change.
                            We all want change. Yet just a small group of you seem to have decided the raptors have done nothing all July or August..in June.

Literally 0 teams have done a single noteworthy transaction yet but somehow raptors are sitting on their hands whistling Dixie. Overreaction like this is why executives roll their eyes at "fan opinions"
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              I'm just a little surprised that after Nurse saying that a huge priority was bringing in assistants who had HC experience at some level, and then the first guy they hire is from the player->AC mold.
                              He did say he did want a past player as well at the head of his bench. So he's kept true to that, now it's just finding the past HC's

Comment

Next - Masai will do nothing and keep the roster intact. And he will hype up Nurse as a difference maker going into next season. And the Raptors fanbase as usual would buy into it like fools because they think Masai is some genius.
                                I think most Raptor's fans will be disappointed if there is not a roster shake up. I honestly would be hesitant to go to as many regular season games as last year if they roll back the same team.

Comment

Working...
                                X