No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was happy with the coaching change but the thing Casey had was personality and good interviews.

You’re way off today @White Men, better take breather

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I was happy with the coaching change but the thing Casey had was personality and good interviews.

You’re way off today @White Men, better take breather
      Casey was a pretty terrible interview. Uninsightful, cliche-filled, and he also got defensive whenever people challenged him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Casey was a pretty terrible interview. Uninsightful, cliche-filled, and he also got defensive whenever people challenged him.

But the clichés! The idioms!

Comment

• - " I gotta look at film"
          - " I like my money" (when talking about refs)
          - " I like shots that we got, it's the shots that we usually make"
          - " ma-TYOOR"
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            - " I gotta look at film"
            - " ma-TYOOR"
            Half his sentenxes started "I thought our guys"

"I thought our guys competed"
            "I thought our guys missed shots they normally make"
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              - " I gotta look at film"
              - " ma-TYOOR"
              LOL I always wondered why he pronounced mature MATOOR

Comment

• “I wouldn’t make the comments if I thought he was shying away from it,” Nurse said. “We sat down, he’s on the edge of his seat saying, ‘What do you got for me.’
                https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...source=Twitter

So, it continues to look as though DeRozan is coming back. As I've argued he simply doesn't have enough trade value to be a part of trade that would actually make the team better. Any trade for the likes of Kawhi will likely involve JV, not DD, who stats literate teams will value more highly, though any major trade seems unlikely, so I working under the assumption that it's the same team next year.

Nurse will work on improving Demar's defense, Demar is keen, which is no surprise, as he's generally been a hard worker and a good citizen, despite his limitations as a player.

But the more complicated question is what will Nurse do with Demar on offence. How will he reduce his usage. It seem likely he will play less minutes, but his playing time will still be in the top three on the top, most likely.

So what does he need to improve? I guess that would be three point shooting, cutting to the basket and setting screens, I suspect that is what will be required of him to earn his minutes under Nurse.

Comment

• If DeMar can get to 40th percentile on defense, it will be a game changer for the team. And add another 5-8 million to his next contract.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Give Nurse time. The endless Toronto media will eventually get to him, too

Comment

• I'd be curious to Nurse's response if he was asked how he would have to change his preferred offensive and defensive set plays with this week's change trade

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        I'd be curious to Nurse's response if he was asked how he would have to change his preferred offensive and defensive set plays with this week's change trade
                        Not a lot in the sense that his usage will be similar to demar. He'll take more 3s than demar did
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I really don't have any sense of how the team offense/defense or rotation will change under Nurse. He is on favor of the quick passes it seems. I am guessing that means give up the good shot for the great shot. We saw a little of that last year where they passed up the great shot for the forced shot. Should improve this season with more experience and two guys who have lived that methodology for several years (and isn't that going to make the coaches lives easier).

So how does the minute allocation change. I've seen some very nice suggestions. Dan just posted a minute by quarter breakdown that looks good, but I suspect that he is going from his own logical reasoning in minute allocation. What does Nurse do? He has suggested that he believes JV should get more usage. DeMar used up a lot of minutes, but I expect pretty much all of his minutes to go to Klaw. We might see a few less minutes for Lowry, as the team works to preserve him for the playoffs. What about Green. Delon averaged 20 minutes a game. Danny is used to 25, so I assume he sucks up all of Delons time. How does his skill set and efficiency compare to the other players at his position? I would guess he gets some minutes from Miles. If JV gets 28 minutes a game, does Serge lose minutes? That would be a good thing in terms of his energy.

It's going to be interesting. We're all just scratching the surface with these speculations. I am assuming the teams have more sophisticated stats the we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Not a lot in the sense that his usage will be similar to demar. He'll take more 3s than demar did
                            Important thing to keep in mind with Kawhi:

He can do the things DeMar did, too. Pre-injury, his iso/PnR numbers were elite.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I hope someday we'll be able to think of Nick Nurse as our Steve Kerr,
                              where Dwane Casey equals Mark Jackson.

I'm not suggesting we'll suddenly become GSW, obviously.
                              But I hope this might be the similar moment when everything clicks.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                I hope someday we'll be able to think of Nick Nurse as our Steve Kerr,
                                where Dwane Casey equals Mark Jackson.

I'm not suggesting we'll suddenly become GSW, obviously.
                                But I hope this might be the similar moment when everything clicks.
                                Does this mean we're signing KD next summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X