No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Nurse eligible to coach the all star team this year?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      Is Nurse eligible to coach the all star team this year?
      Pretty sure he is. Why wouldn't he be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure he is. Why wouldn't he be?

Some rule about no team or coach in back-to-back years.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Some rule about no team or coach in back-to-back years.
          I always thought the rule was same coach??

Comment

Could be right.

Comment

I believe its the same coach and the same players can’t be captains.

Comment

• Yeah i don't really know the rules. Hope he's eligible though.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's called the "Riley Rule" and as far as I know its only for specific coaches not teams. Since Nurse is a new coach and he has a new staff.. he should be the coach.

This is why in 2016 Walton was considered for coaching the Western all-star team, but Kerr came back from his injury and was disqualified since he coached in 2015.

Comment

• But the decision isn't made until end of January/early February. Lots of games to play between then and now. Currently only 3 games up on the Bucks (with 2 games in hand) as we enter the toughest part of our schedule, and their's is a bit of a cup cake one.

Comment

• Just rewatched the 4th Q of memphis game and their were two moves that really sealed the game. Nick took a TO with 5 minutes left when we had the moment and just got a rebound off a miss when it was 107-107. Most coaches wouldn't take a TO with the momentum on their side but it was smart. This let serge and ibaka check in and kawhi drew the double and kicked it to kyle for a corner 3. Then only a minute and a half of game time later nick took another TO that we were gonna lose at the 3 minute mark anyways. From this point on we went on a 9-5 run to end the game and close it out. One of his biggest noticeable skills so far has been his use of timeout and its been great to see after the last 5 years the most common thing i said aloud during a game was "take a damm timeout"
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Like everyone here my opinion of Nurse has been up and down to this point. But I've seen enough now to decide that I really like him. Yesterday during the Cleveland game was the first time he appeared to be extremely pissed off at his team rather than the officials. Not that anything changed much, just nice to see that intensity. What I see from Nurse is the courage to make changes quickly and to try a few new things. He also wants to win every game. I worry about Lowry's minutes too but Nurse has injected him back into the game a few times when Casey might have let it fritter away into a loss. The bench has been unproductive but I feel like it is in the process of getting fixed. JV hasn't been well utilized by FVV and Delon but I expect that to get fixed too. Nurse strikes me as intelligent, kind and above all as a guy who likes to win. I think the Raptors are in good hands

Comment

• I'm a fan of Nurse so far.
                          He was kind of in a no win situation as well taking over a 59 win team that fired the COY. But he was fortunate enough be gifted with Kawhi and Danny Green and has plain ol been making the most of it.
                          No complaints from me so far 20-4 baby!
                          Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Just rewatched the 4th Q of memphis game and their were two moves that really sealed the game. Nick took a TO with 5 minutes left when we had the moment and just got a rebound off a miss when it was 107-107. Most coaches wouldn't take a TO with the momentum on their side but it was smart. This let serge and ibaka check in and kawhi drew the double and kicked it to kyle for a corner 3. Then only a minute and a half of game time later nick took another TO that we were gonna lose at the 3 minute mark anyways. From this point on we went on a 9-5 run to end the game and close it out. One of his biggest noticeable skills so far has been his use of timeout and its been great to see after the last 5 years the most common thing i said aloud during a game was "take a damm timeout"
                            i've noticed that in other games we played in as well... it's kind of like Rick Carlisle... that dude never runs out of timeouts...he always finds one from his socks or something..

Comment

• Getting the troops to "settle down" after the 3-game losing streak, can't be overstated either.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Getting the troops to "settle down" after the 3-game losing streak, can't be overstated either.
                                Jesus I almost forgot about that.. we're 20-4 WITH a 3 game losing streak. And those were narrow too. Could easily be 22-2
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X