Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Let's be honest. Nurse is not his superior. Look at their payrolls.
    You know what I meant. Pop wasn't Tim Duncan's superior or salary equal, but the respect was there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You know what I meant. Pop wasn't Tim Duncan's superior or salary equal, but the respect was there.
      Don’t know why you keep comparing a rookie head coach to one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        None of this affected team's performance so I don't see the issue. If this was serious Danny wouldn't even bring it up on his show. Rule one of any lockerroom is that serious shit stays in house. You break that rule you get a problem ala Spurs and Kawhi.
        Yeah the fact that this happened early in training camp and wasn’t public until Kyle and Green talked about it in March (wasnt leaked) suggests that it went well and is a non-issue.

Comment

• This has probably been asked and answered, but I missed it. What is the logo on Nurse's cap that he wears for his post-practice interviews? All black hat embossed with a black logo, looks like lower case "nn" perhaps?? Is that his own personal brand, or ......?

Thanks!

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
            This has probably been asked and answered, but I missed it. What is the logo on Nurse's cap that he wears for his post-practice interviews? All black hat embossed with a black logo, looks like lower case "nn" perhaps?? Is that his own personal brand, or ......?

Thanks!
            You gotta figure nn is nick nurse but maybe in deference to Kawhi it's "not nike"

Comment

• And yet Nurse has come out the other side with a nodding endorsement from his point guard, who has tested wills like he tests defences.

“I think just his demeanour,” Lowry said when asked what has impressed him about Nurse in his first year as an NBA head coach after five years as Dwane Casey’s assistant. “He’s kind of been like, ‘Hey, we’ll come in, get our work in, go about our business.’ Get in, get out, do this, figure it out as we go. I think that’s been the difference. I think he’s been very solid on knowing what he’s capable of doing and what we’re capable of doing as a team and not forcing anything.”

Comment

• Veteran shooting guard Danny Green admits he was curious how his new coach would fare over the course of a long NBA season, when everyone takes their best shot. Colour him impressed.

“You would think that sometimes panicking would happen,” said Green, whose previous coach, San Antonio Spurs bench boss Gregg Popovich, started the season leading Nurse in regular-season wins 1,197-0. “But he kept it pretty light for most of the year. Very confident and poised and trusted everything that we were doing, that he was doing, would work out OK.”

It has worked out better than OK, even though the Raptors had talent but almost no continuity. When a family emergency pulled OG Anunoby away from the team in training camp, it was the beginning of a nearly unprecedented string of lineup disruptions that was the running theme of the season. Lowry is the only returning starter from the team that finished with a franchise-record 59 wins a year ago. Nurse has drawn up 22 different starting lineups.

Through it all, Nurse has projected a sense of calm and cool, and – for the most part – kept his.

Comment

• Nurse has a low playoff coaching bar to clear.

“When people say 'making adjustments' is when I laugh,” Casey said yesterday after the Raptors had a film and relaxed work session at the Air Canada Centre. “Going all the way to the championship (as a Dallas Mavericks assistant in 2011) we changed very little, maybe a substitution and we still won.

“That’s when I laugh when people say, ‘He beat him because he made 50 adjustments.’ You can’t do that. I’m not that smart by the way. I don’t know what coach is.”

Casey, however, is smart enough to know the only major “adjustments” his team needs to make trailing the Washington Wizards 1-0 in the best-of-seven series that resumes Tuesday night are pretty simple and don’t take a doctorate in basketball science to figure out.
                  https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...h-wizards.html

Comment

Nurse has a low playoff coaching bar to clear.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...h-wizards.html
                    Damn I remember that quote but didn't recall when it was said..they went on to lose 3 more straight, and they weren't even close. Thanks coach at least you kept your stubborn pride and didn't cave in to making an adjustment.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Damn I remember that quote but didn't recall when it was said..they went on to lose 3 more straight, and they weren't even close. Thanks coach at least you kept your stubborn pride and didn't cave in to making an adjustment.
                      after j j barae made Casey's career by shutting down lebron. he thought hey fuck it why not put Grevies Vasquez one of the shitter defender in the league on peak John Wall....
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Small-s shot across the bow at Casey lol

Through it all, Nurse has projected a sense of calm and cool, and – for the most part – kept his.

“I just believed that’s what our team needed, from being around here for a while,” Nurse told Sportsnet. “I just think that instead of worrying so much, let’s be confident. Not be over-confident or lazy or any of those things, but let’s have a high level of professionalism, performance and believe we can do the job.”

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26511064/budenholzer-named-top-coach-peers

Among his competitors also receiving votes were Brooklyn's Kenny Atkinson, Denver's Michael Malone, Indiana's Nate McMillan, San Antonio's Gregg Popovich, the Clippers' Doc Rivers, Utah's Quin Snyder and Portland's Terry Stotts, sources said.

good because these guys don’t want to make another mistake of selecting the top ASSISTANT COACH like last season.

Raps get first dibs if that award is given by mistake.

Comment

• The NBA coaching fraternity is a tight-knit old boys club, run by Rick Carlisle. Raptors got blackballed because of what they did to Casey last year, which might also explain why it took Nurse so long to fill his assistant coaching positions.

Comment

• I don't watch the post games often and probably should have, but did Nurse explain why Kawhi played so little? Did he get asked why he coached this game like it was a tuesday game in January?

Comment

The NBA coaching fraternity is a tight-knit old boys club, run by Rick Carlisle. Raptors got blackballed because of what they did to Casey last year, which might also explain why it took Nurse so long to fill his assistant coaching positions.
                                Source?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X