Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    If the palyers magically find themselves wit open threes and brick them one by one, is it the coach's fault?
    If the opposition's coach team goes 12 for 24 and the Raps go 7 for 27, did Brown put the 76ers in a better position doe to the fact that they dropped open shots? It's ridiculous.

Pascal 0 for 3 from 3
    Gasol 0 for 1 from 3 (HOW does he only take 1 attempt in a game???)
    Kyle 0 for 4
    Serge 0 for 0 (HOW does he only take 0 attempts in a game???)
    FVV was 0 for 5 from 3
    Total for the team? 25%, abysmal and it felt like it was worse. Did Nurse put them in a position to succeed and the players brickedor did the players put themselves in a position to succeed and bricked?

btw, Danny went 3 for 6 an ou might remember they showed Nurse encouraging, no exhorting him to stop passing those up and take those threes. But no credit to his coach right?

Points aren't the only measuring stick but they aren't meaningless.
    Gasol 7 points, Kyle 7 points, Serge 4 points, FVV 1 point. Even of Kahhi and Pascal go off for 60, you're not winning many games where the rest of the team gets you 30 points....

A couple of you guys are missing the point in that I don't think Nurse should escape criticism. It's just over the top and constant and greatly overestimates the value of a coach determining the making of open shots.
    Good post man.
    I fear some guys are so in love with their fav team, or players, they just have blurred vision when it comes to reality.

This team isn't playing well, they are getting ALL the same looks they nailed in the regular season, but, aside from 2-3 guys, they are literally shrinking in front of everyone.

Da fuck I, as a fan, will ever respect that, and I, as a fan, am completely allowed to rip these tools for it. They need to stp the fuck up and play with some heart, and some balls.

Lowry is my least favourite right now, they all call him the teams leader in the media...heh, wow.

Comment

• Nick Nurse coached in Game 4, yet two of his gatorade drinkers are still on this Players have to shoot and Referees suck narrative.

Raptors shooting was still piss poor
      Referees were still morons especially Marc Davis

yet

Nick Nurse actually coached as why he was hired for:

1. Shortening minutes of his most limited player Van Vleet

2. Tethered Marc Gasol most of the game against Embiid

3. Two successful Critical After time out plays

4. Threw off Brett Brown by rolling out the twin towers of Marc and Serge. Plus even playing Siakam with the two bigs

5. Maximizing his starters, all the burn and most especially his best player Kawhi

the coach coached

Point fucking proven !

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Nick Nurse coached in Game 4, yet two of his gatorade drinkers are still on this Players have to shoot and Referees suck narrative.

Raptors shooting was still piss poor
        Referees were still morons especially Marc Davis

yet

Nick Nurse actually coached as why he was hired for:

1. Shortening minutes of his most limited player Van Vleet

2. Tethered Marc Gasol most of the game against Embiid

3. Two successful Critical After time out plays

4. Threw off Brett Brown by rolling out the twin towers of Marc and Serge. Plus even playing Siakam with the two bigs

5. Maximizing his starters, all the burn and most especially his best player Kawhi

the coach coached

Point fucking proven !
        the Ibaka Gasol front court was big. and a look we can go to later in the series. like mccaw got some run he looked nice. surprised it came at the expense of norm and not FVV. still good adjustments. we got the upper hand heading home now.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

the Ibaka Gasol front court was big. and a look we can go to later in the series. like mccaw got some run he looked nice. surprised it came at the expense of norm and not FVV. still good adjustments. we got the upper hand heading home now.
          Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Also having Serge play more minutes with Lowry is huge for both guys. Lowry needs an athletic big man to finish for him and Serge needs a PG who can get him mid-range shots in his sweet spot with perfect timing and find him as the trailer in transition for easy dunks. Ibaka/Lowry is a great tandem. FVV just drags Serge down.
            kyle is basically the brain using ibakas body to score him pts midrange and in tight that kyle cant get anymore

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

FVV drags himself down

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

He maximized the strengths of his two bigs...by having the two on the court, he allowed Marc to concentrate on defense against Embiid which he is great of (Ibaka’s weakness against Joel) and having Serge concentrate on rebounding (Marc’s major achilles). Shit he even played a three big line up (Gasol/Serge/Pascal) with Kawhi a very good rebounder and so is Kyle for a guard.

Brett Brown was like having won the lottery everytime he saw Nurse rolling out his three guard line up in game 2 and 3.

Embiid/ Tobias/ Mike Scott/ Ennis got neutralized this time on the boards.

Very good adjustment from the Raptors coach.

Comment

Watching Kyle & Serge play meaningful minutes together reminds me of when I go visit my mother and she makes a warm comfy meal: sometimes i feel like it could use a bit more spice, but I never say anything, and I always know it's gonna nourish me and get the job done.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

kyle is basically the brain using ibakas body to score him pts midrange and in tight that kyle cant get anymore

Post of the playoffs so far

Comment

• was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

his only plan really was to reduce FVV minutes and have a bit more McCaw

​​​​​

Comment

• spicy_d wrote: View Post
                        was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

​​​​​
                        he also matched gasol with Embiid a lot more than before which was good
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever

Comment

• Kash_ville wrote: View Post
                            Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever
                            lol agree

Comment

• spicy_d wrote: View Post
                              was it a planned adjustment to have the two bigs ? nurse even said he's kinda coaching on the fly in the press conference and just trying things out ...I honestly think this guy just experiments and hopes it works ...I dunno ..I think he just got lucky

​​​​​
                              Nurse suggested in an interview that the Raptors would maybe try to get a little bigger on the floor. It worked. He tried going smaller previously but all of the Philly players being taller, and also having arms that they could raise up in the air, made shooting over them difficult. Something that, in retrospect, should have been obvious. So good adjustment.

Comment

• Kash_ville wrote: View Post
                                Nurse needs to send FVV to the bench and not come back... ever
                                Once they have a player measurably better than FVV, this could work. More McCaw or Norm in FVV's place won't change anything. The coach telling FVV to get off ball would help...

But that's OG. Once he's back, they could conceivably go to a super big lineup with Siakam and Kawhi as ball handlers while Lowry gets his rest, and he can obviously eat up the minutes Powell is playing as an extra wing in the rotation. Until he's back though, the only solution is to limit those minutes, which Nurse did admirably in game 4.

Which is another big upside to playing Ibaka at the 4 - if you cover off 48 minutes of PF with Ibaka and Siakam, Kawhi's minutes all shift up to the wing, leaving fewer minutes there for guys like Norm and McCaw and Fred to fill.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X