Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend in the making.

Comment

• Honestly, the most understated part of this is how big it is for the G League as a success story as this is the first coach to have this kind of success.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Coaching is hard and Nurse is incredible at it.

Comment

• Nurse on an exclusive list with some top names as first year to get to the finals. All of which dealt with fans questioning his decisions, (social media etc) the first to be massaged by Sir Champagne and live to tell the tale. Facing down the reality of making it a finals win in his first shot.

***** full disclosure I shit on Nurse every chance I could. Casey was solid defensively with 3 negative defenders in the SL.

Nurse overcame his obstacles, like maybe no other besides Lue

Comment

• No one can argue against the impacts of the various coaching decisions on the outcome of the series. Not to say Kawhi wasn't the biggest factor, but using Kawhi correctly, and the players around him was huge.

Maybe Nurse gets to stay for another year. :-)

Comment

• Nick, Who always had your back against the hand wrings, teeth gnashing hordes demanding your head as lately as a few games ago?
              I did, that's who Nick. See you for lunch today, you and Roberta are bringing dessert....

Comment

• Nick Nurse has agreed to coach the Canadian team at the worlds in China this summer. If he gets us to the olympics this would be as great for Canada as the finals appearance.

Comment

• I forget...who was it that we were disappointed that we didn't get as a coach before Nurse was given the job.......?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I forget...who was it that we were disappointed that we didn't get as a coach before Nurse was given the job.......?
                    lol true ...bud was stumped

Comment

I forget...who was it that we were disappointed that we didn't get as a coach before Nurse was given the job.......?
                      He has big flaws. Bucks finished Game 5 with a timeout remaining and finished Game 6 with 2 timeouts remaining. Thats inexcusable in a close game in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Comment

Fans were saying hiring Nurse was a mistake as recently as gane 1 and 2 .... what have you done for me lately indeed

Comment

• Kudos coach Nurse.
                          You've proven your Skip Baylesses wrong.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He has big flaws. Bucks finished Game 5 with a timeout remaining and finished Game 6 with 2 timeouts remaining. Thats inexcusable in a close game in the Eastern Conference Finals.
                            I think he finished game six with one timeout left because he used one late after it being displayed he had two left.

But yeah, timeouts are gold. He could have used them to try to pump the breaks on our epic run.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Kudos coach Nurse.
                              You've proven your Skip Baylesses wrong.
                              Its pretty easy to prove Dip Bayless wrong. He's speaks first, maybe thinks later.

Comment

• Nick has improved with his adjustments as each series has gone on.

First round didn't need much adjusting, the talent disparity was too big, but he also never made the right call going to Gasol on Vucevic full time. Magic would have been dead in the water immediately with that move. But, as noted, didn't matter, Raptors were way too good.

Second round, key matchup drove that series. Gasol should have been on Embiid the whole time. Hard matched in game 5, killed them, thought he had it figured out, but then he went away from it in game 6 and it fell apart. Went back to it in game 7, thank goodness, because it came down to the wire.

ECF, another key matchup. Kawhi on Giannis. Never went full bore with this one, and probably would have had fatigue issues for Kawhi if they went with the matchup more. But went with it a lot after game 2 (a little late but it worked out), and never went away from it - which was crucial. 4 games of consistent putting Giannis through hell for half his possessions, using the other half to buy Kawhi a rest (on court or off). 4 wins. Great job by Nurse.

Also, good for Nurse sticking to his 8 man rotation. Kept Powell in play when he was sinking the team, kept FVV in play when he couldn't hit the ocean from a boat, both paid off huge in this series. Also tightened up and kept guys like Meeks off the floor.

Very intrigued to see what he comes up with defensively for the Warriors. They have a lot of role players you don't mind shooting the ball, and the Raptors have made hay with only one or two guys that they dared to shoot to load up on Embiid/Giannis.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X