Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I want a Canadian gold medal someday...
    Let's say Canadian team wins World Championship, will the parade be as big as this week?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Let's say Canadian team wins World Championship, will the parade be as big as this week?
      Nope. I doubt most people would even care. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

If they beat the Dream Team then yeah. That's the exception.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Really odd phenomena then. I mean these are Canadians beating every other country, not a bunch of international club players.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Really odd phenomena then. I mean these are Canadians beating every other country, not a bunch of international club players.
            Olympics would be bigger than worlds..itd be a big story. Canada winning gold would at least be like when donovan bailey set the world record, yes I'm old enough to remember

but still not near the raps parade
            Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Jun 19, 2019, 11:22 AM.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If Canada wins the gold medal in basketball it will be crazy awesome.. but yeah I don't see a parade like this. The NBA playoff schedule lasts over a month.. so people hopped on that bandwagon and stayed on for a long time. Olympics/World cup events last a couple of weeks max. So if there is a bandwagon it will start later and the pulse of the city won't be as intense.

Plus I bet the parade would be in Ottawa instead of Toronto. Smaller population so less people overall.

Comment

• Absolute legend.

Comment

I think there are a few reasons for it. The Nba championship is played over a gruelling 82 game plus playoffs. Not to diminish international tournaments, but the amount of training and sweat that needs to happen to win an nba title it's of a different magnitude. The amount of games and continuity of it (happening year after after), also creates a bond between fans and players.

These players work/live in Toronto, some for years, some spending a big chunk of their early adulthood here, travelling through the continent to represent the city (and in our case country), some of them year after year. Where they were born becomes of relative little importance. People get invested in seeing them grow, even though players somewhat change from year to year. And then when you get the only one team in the country vs. 29 american ones, and win, after 24 years, that will be manifested on the parade accordingly.

Comment

Nope. There won't be any parade but if they win the world cup of soccer ...(not in our lifestime 😂)

I doubt if the Leafs would win another Stanley Cup would the parade be as large. Times are changing .

Comment

• Just listened to a long Nurse interview with Bob McCowan on the Fan in Toronto.
                      -talked about players over coming some internal stress on the team but "much less than most team's regular stress", how well these guys get along wich is rare on championship calibre teams, how he had to call out some guys for lack of effort early in these playoffs and how they never doubted for a second that they could be GSW. Hasn't thought one second about Kawhi coming back or not yet....

Nick is as chill as it comes and if you don't like him by now, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• untouchable
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Nick is a legend.

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Nick is a legend.
                              And getting legender every day. Soon he will be legendest. Legendly GOAT!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

And getting legender every day. Soon he will be legendest. Legendly GOAT!
                                Legendariest .... cool to see more of his personality

Comment

Working...
                                X