No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As usual Masai really hasn't given any indication one way or the other which direction he'll go. I think it's more likely he stays but we're not 100% sure what his career goals are. Maybe he decides he wants the challenge of taking a different franchise to a chip, maybe he moves onto a higher level role with basketball in general. Although it seems with Webster in place Masai has a lot of freedom already to contribute to GoA etc.

Pretty sure he's too smart for the Knicks, front offices are set for the Lakers and Heat and Celtics, not sure those old rumours about him going to a marquee franchise really make sense now (and were always pure speculation). I'd guess if he leaves Toronto it'll be because he has something fairly different in mind for the next stage of his career. Otherwise he stays for at least another contract - he's still got lots of time.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• more fuel for the fire

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ract-extension

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You think Masai is leaving?

I don't think he's going anywhere and neither one wanted an in-season distraction with so much time in a regular off season to get things done.

Plus, another chip and Nurse will be fresh off the next Coach Of the Year award means more $$$
        So far he didn't give any indication that he's staying
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Plenty of quotes about how much he enjoys it here, his family loves it here etc
          In the absence of definitive statements, he's staying imo

Comment

Plenty of quotes about how much he enjoys it here, his family loves it here etc
            In the absence of definitive statements, he's staying imo
            Well it's not like he's going to go out and talk about how he hates it here. That's PR talk
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Well it's not like he's going to go out and talk about how he hates it here. That's PR talk
              True but you're not obligated to talk about your personal life here at all. And he said he loves it here. And his kids love it here; something about being Canadian

Comment

True but you're not obligated to talk about your personal life here at all. And he said he loves it here. And his kids love it here; something about being Canadian
                When George Floyd happened, Masai was quoted saying he feels like he’s an American.

Comment

• I know but I guess we'll just have to see.
                  "The native of Zaria, Nigeria called other teams expressing interest in him a "blessing," but said he is happy in Toronto, has been able to grow with the Raptors and his two kids are Canadian.

This wasn't an emotional quote in the middle of an emotional issue. It was a thoughtful 1 hour interview, albeit a year ago

"In a wide-ranging one-hour availability, Ujiri emphatically expressed his determination for the team to deliver on the sport's biggest stage in the future.

"We want to experience this moment here again and again and again," he said.

I don't see anything having changed; in fact likely firmer in this position as the team has played so well in the absence of that superstar guy.

Comment

• Adrian Griffin has a better win percentage. We've been in this situation before. Masai knows what to do.

Thanks for everything Nick.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Adrian Griffin has a better win percentage. We've been in this situation before. Masai knows what to do.

lol.

anyhow if i were nick nurse's agent i would also be holding off right now for maximum leverage while all these other extensions are being signed. nick nurse is patrick mahomes right now. or rather a couple months ago. mvp and superbowl in his first two years, universal reverence.

i expect the raptors to make him the highest paid coach ever, and if not he won't be the raptors coach. coaching is a market inefficiency in the nba anyway since the salaries don't count against the cap, so who cares.

Comment

That toronto inferiority complex is showing. We're the nba model franchise my man. We are the shit.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

lol.

anyhow if i were nick nurse's agent i would also be holding off right now for maximum leverage while all these other extensions are being signed. nick nurse is patrick mahomes right now. or rather a couple months ago. mvp and superbowl in his first two years, universal reverence.

i expect the raptors to make him the highest paid coach ever, and if not he won't be the raptors coach. coaching is a market inefficiency in the nba anyway since the salaries don't count against the cap, so who cares.
                          Win a championship again this year and yeah pay jim big.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Adrian Griffin has a better win percentage. We've been in this situation before. Masai knows what to do.

Hahaha love it

Comment

• Thoughts on the Adrian Griffin accusations? Absolutely horrible if true. You can never know though. I suppose there may be proof of hospital stays or police calls made? Let's hope what's being said isn't true.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                Thoughts on the Adrian Griffin accusations? Absolutely horrible if true. You can never know though. I suppose there may be proof of hospital stays or police calls made? Let's hope what's being said isn't true.
                                No idea if he's guilty or not but in this day and age, it's guilty until proven innocent.

But you have to know the Raps have been aware of these accusations since at least May, have looked into them and have kept him on so ....

Comment

Working...
                                X