Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Casey firing was a bad precedent if you are a head coach in the NBA.
    To be fair, Masai did the same with George Karl in Denver.

Comment

• So can someone explain to me why he lost the coach's association coach of the year or whatever they call it to Donovan and Budenholzer? hoe did that happen? jealousy?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

To be fair, Masai did the same with George Karl in Denver.
        Masai left Denver before Karl, who wasn’t actually fired either. They just let his contract run out, IIRC.

Comment

• That was cool

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Masai left Denver before Karl, who wasn’t actually fired either. They just let his contract run out, IIRC.
            Just checked, Masai left, soon after George Karl was fired as he was entering the final year of his contract and won coach of the year a month earlier. So it wasn't actually Masai who fired him.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              So can someone explain to me why he lost the coach's association coach of the year or whatever they call it to Donovan and Budenholzer? hoe did that happen? jealousy?
              It was super close and all they needed was a few dumb coaches in the voting. Casey was one

Comment

• Ujiri praised Nurse for being hardworking yet relaxed.

"Always setting the tone for our team — attacking our next championship, rather than defending our last," Ujiri said. "That is who Nick is, that is why we believe in him. His journey to this tremendous honour has been a long one. We are so happy to see him recognized this way."

Pretty cool quote

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  So can someone explain to me why he lost the coach's association coach of the year or whatever they call it to Donovan and Budenholzer? hoe did that happen? jealousy?
                  Didn't end up like 10, 10, 9?

Comment

• I remember posting player quotes two years ago trying to support NN against detractors here lol

“Coaches don’t really get a lot of credit in this league,” said VanVleet afterwards. “They definitely do a good job putting us in good positions. They’re flexible, they listen to us, and with as little amount of practice time that we have, it’s very important that we have good communication, trust and I think that’s something that’s been building for the last year and a half. Even when we lose and we play bad, we pretty much know exactly what it is; we’re never searching for answers and that’s something you like to hang your hat on.”

Comment

• Elite.

Comment

• Congrats coach! Well deserved accolade.

Between MU and Nurse, Raps have such a good foundation to build upon. Just need some of these top notch players to open their eyes to what this franchise can offer them beyond the $$

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Congrats coach! Well deserved accolade.

Between MU and Nurse, Raps have such a good foundation to build upon. Just need some of these top notch players to open their eyes to what this franchise can offer them beyond the $$
                          Hopefully MLSE pays Masai and Nurse whatever they want. If we have these two on the team, Raptors will be good for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Congrats coach! Well deserved accolade.

Some guys are touchy about this but It's all that's left for Masai to prove; attract a significant FA here and others will follow.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Some guys are touchy about this but It's all that's left for Masai to prove; attract a significant FA here and others will follow.
                              I think Kawhi's coming back!!! Knock on wood. Espesh if the rest of the playoffs in LA looks like it mite...

A 1st round elim 2 Dallas?? I bet that gets him rethinking his desperation 2 play w Paul "I'm a super fake superstar/even star at all" George

And then he's had his time living at home, and he'll b able 2 c some of the pros of TO over LA

We could even like let him live half the yr in Cali then come 2 TO 4 the 2nd half of the season or smthg ahahh

Or play 1st half in TO when it's warmer, then go 2 Cali 2 rest up 4 the playoffs ahah

A.I wrote: View Post

Hopefully MLSE pays Masai and Nurse whatever they want. If we have these two on the team, Raptors will be good for the foreseeable future.
                              THEY BETTER!!!!

I don't c y not!!!!!

Like no reason not to! IS theere anyone better in basketball??? Not as far as I kno!
                              Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Mon Aug 24, 2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Masai, give this man a new contract. And while you're at it, give yourself a new one ....
                                "Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22"

Comment

Working...
                                X