No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe non Raptors fans talk about Nurse like this XD we never had anything like this
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Masai, give this man a new contract. And while you're at it, give yourself a new one ....
      "Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22"
      JUST incREEDIBLE

He's done it in the SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME POSSIBLE

That is wild

What a guy!!!!

YOLOOOO

#KAWHI2021

Comment

• Raptors just signed Nick Nurse to a new multi-year extension.
        Great news, now do the same for Masai.

Comment

• Hope he got a nice fat raise. Well deserved extension.

Comment

• If only they let us know how long the contract was for lol

Comment

• Details will come out once the ink dries but Nick does say "many more years"

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have signed head coach Nick Nurse to a multi-year contract extension.

Nurse was named NBA coach of the year this past season — his second year as head coach of the club.

The Raptors went 53-19 during the regular season, posting the second-best record in the league despite losing superstar Kawhi Leonard to the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency after Toronto's run to the title last year.

“Our confidence in Nick just continues to grow, and part of that comes from what we’ve experienced together. The past two seasons have been unlike any other in our team’s history – first, winning our championship, and then navigating a global pandemic and committing long-term to the fight against racism and for social justice,” Raptors president Masai Ujiri said. “Nick has proved that he can coach on the court and lead in life, and we’re looking forward to accomplishing great things in the future.”

Toronto reached the Eastern Conference semifinals for the fifth year in a row before losing to the Boston Celtics in Game 7 last week.

Nurse, previously an assistant coach with the Raptors for five seasons, is 111-43 in two seasons as head coach.

“My family and I will always be appreciative of Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE ownership for this opportunity. I’m grateful to Masai, Bobby, and the players for their trust and their hard work,” Nurse said. “Toronto has been my home for the past seven years, and I look forward to it being home for many more. I’ve watched this franchise grow and reach the pinnacle, and I look forward to the challenge of helping us win another championship.”

More details to follow.

Comment

• Fully deserved. Masai next
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• He Stay.

Comment

• Multi year? are we talkin what? 3 years? 4? 5?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• As expected and well deserved.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Details will come out once the ink dries but Nick does say "many more years"

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have signed head coach Nick Nurse to a multi-year contract extension.

Nurse was named NBA coach of the year this past season — his second year as head coach of the club.

The Raptors went 53-19 during the regular season, posting the second-best record in the league despite losing superstar Kawhi Leonard to the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency after Toronto's run to the title last year.

“Our confidence in Nick just continues to grow, and part of that comes from what we’ve experienced together. The past two seasons have been unlike any other in our team’s history – first, winning our championship, and then navigating a global pandemic and committing long-term to the fight against racism and for social justice,” Raptors president Masai Ujiri said. “Nick has proved that he can coach on the court and lead in life, and we’relooking forward to accomplishing great things in the future.”

Toronto reached the Eastern Conference semifinals for the fifth year in a row before losing to the Boston Celtics in Game 7 last week.

Nurse, previously an assistant coach with the Raptors for five seasons, is 111-43 in two seasons as head coach.

“My family and I will always be appreciative of Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE ownership for this opportunity. I’m grateful to Masai, Bobby, and the players for their trust and their hard work,” Nurse said. “Toronto has been my home for the past seven years, and I look forward to it being home for many more. I’ve watched this franchise grow and reach the pinnacle, and I look forward to the challenge of helping us win another championship.”

More details to follow.
                        Masai said "we" together with "future", so I hope that means I can exhale sometime soon.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Masai said "we" together with "future", so I hope that means I can exhale sometime soon.
                          I'm honestly kind of surprised if he signs another multi year, although its looking I should be prepare to be suprised. What is so great about toronto raptors to make this guy so loyal? He pretty much has carte blanche in the industry these days.

Anyway, thank god he seems hell bent on championship #2 for the time being
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Great news for NN, well deserved. We'll see re: Masai - he always says the right things. Saw an article where he said almost word for word the things about life in the US (family, kids, feeling at home) that he said to Canadian media about life in Canada. He doesn't show his hand at all.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Dwane Casey be like: I also won coach of the year and also lost in the second round..... to Lebron. And I got fired?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Was he holding an old Shoppers Drug Mart bag at the time?

Comment

Working...
                                X