Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Nurse is the polar opposite of "stay in your lane" coaches like Casey and Bud, whose basic systems probably have the advantage of more consistent regular seasons and the ability to quickly integrate lower BBIQ players. Baynes, for example, looked utterly bewildered on defense for those first 10 games. Now, he looks pretty solid. Nurse's systems seem to take more time and intelligence to grasp but, in theory, should be more robust for the playoffs.
    I dunno even know how Casey got blessed with the tag of "good regular season coach"...like, he's not that either. He had a .500 season in Detroit when Blake Griffin was experiencing a revival as a top 10-15 player, since then he's 28-68, for a .291 win %.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

If your theory is right then McCaw is beyond help especially with all the baby sitting and special consideration given by Nurse.

the player is utterly awful with the poorest court awareness yet Nurse continue to give him a chance over players that are more deserving and requires development

the 3 rings justification is B.S.
      His court awareness is fine imo McCaw just lacks the skills and confidence. Hes a slightly more polished Stanley offensively who is way too timid on both sides. Imo hes a case of just let the game come to you taken waaaayyy too far.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

His court awareness is fine imo McCaw just lacks the skills and confidence. Hes a slightly more polished Stanley offensively who is way too timid on both sides. Imo hes a case of just let the game come to you taken waaaayyy too far.
        With all due respect but how much more confidence does he need playing along side most likely HOF’ers and some of high level players in both franchises.

How great in player development Nurse is as golden had stated, you just cannot teach stupid.

Comment

• He's not going to win it but Nurse should win COY this year. It's incredible what he's done with this team. They have a better record than the Celtics lol. Look at this roster - they don't have a C, Lowry's in and out of the lineup because of injuries(sign he's about to fall off a cliff), and oh they're stuck in Tampa.

Nurse is the best coach in the league. If they give him another superstar(Beal?) I believe this team can win another championship.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            He's not going to win it but Nurse should win COY this year. It's incredible what he's done with this team. They have a better record than the Celtics lol. Look at this roster - they don't have a C, Lowry's in and out of the lineup because of injuries(sign he's about to fall off a cliff), and oh they're stuck in Tampa.

Nurse is the best coach in the league. If they give him another superstar(Beal?) I believe this team can win another championship.
            Not this year, bro.
            That 3 headed monster in Brooklyn will be difficult to conquer.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Not this year, bro.
              That whats I want to see though, the Raps vs the Nets in this years playoffs, hopefully the ECF. So I'm hoping they find a way to get some more talent in here to make that matchup more of a possibility. I suppose we could do nothing, maybe finish 7th or 8th and play them in the 1st round, but that a tougher series to win without a top tier scorer. But it would be more satisfying...hmmmmm.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Not this year, bro.
                Sean Marks can win Executive of the year for getting Harden, but no way in hell Nash should win Coach of the year.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno even know how Casey got blessed with the tag of "good regular season coach"...like, he's not that either. He had a .500 season in Detroit when Blake Griffin was experiencing a revival as a top 10-15 player, since then he's 28-68, for a .291 win %.
                  People underestimate the impact Lowry has to getting wins. Derozan was also an up and coming All-star during his Toronto years.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Sean Marks can win Executive of the year for getting Harden, but no way in hell Nash should win Coach of the year.
                    Is Nash really in the running? I bet it goes to Doc if they keep winning unfortunately.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Is Nash really in the running? I bet it goes to Doc if they keep winning unfortunately.
                      Second half of the season could change things, but I'd be surprised if Snyder doesn't win it if the Jazz keep playing the way they are.

Comment

Second half of the season could change things, but I'd be surprised if Snyder doesn't win it if the Jazz keep playing the way they are.
                        after winning 7 of 9 and now sitting in 4th, tom Thibodeau has entered the chat.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

after winning 7 of 9 and now sitting in 4th, tom Thibodeau has entered the chat.
                          And Julius Randle silenced the all-star naysayers, handily winning the head-to-head battle with Sabonis.

Comment

Good point, absolutely should be him if they can keep this up. I was thinking in the East

Comment

No doubt Knicks have surprised but still only 18-17 while the Jazz are a scorching and nobody predicted league leading 27-7 and 8-2 in their last 10 in a much tougher West.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X