No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I feel like this is turning into Dark side of the Ring..
    What other secrets do raptors have..lol..this could be just the beginning..
    Raptors organization just felt 2 good 2 be true.
    Masai thing, Nurse, Terrence Davis, Jalen Harris, Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakim..WTF is gonna on here.
    S$#@#@ u could write a novel the stuff is going on,who know what else we don't know about..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Nurse changed agents, the old one feels he didn’t get his cut, this shit happens all the time, just doesn’t get reported on. Caulk it up to slow news days.

When I first started reading that Nick was being sued I was scared it was a “Me Too” situation. Nahhh he is just being sued by a greedy agent.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Nurse changed agents, the old one feels he didn’t get his cut, this shit happens all the time, just doesn’t get reported on. Caulk it up to slow news days.

When I first started reading that Nick was being sued I was scared it was a “Me Too” situation. Nahhh he is just being sued by a greedy agent.
        Or an agent who did a year of work and never got paid for it. Very uncommon for a big agency to sue a high profile client, so I’m inclined to lean to the Nurse is a greedy client who didn’t want to pay what he owed.

Comment

• Yeah this is a big ol nothing burger. Presumably Nurse cuts an agent lose at that point in the process because he doesn't think he is or will get his money's worth. Someone else can get him a better deal. So Nurse doesn't think the old agent was worth paying and the old agent thinks he did work he should be paid for. It'll all get sorted out.

The assistants going all over the place sucks a bit but at the same time, a) NBA assistants bounce around constantly as a matter of course, and b) if more of yours get poached or considered for HC than most, it's generally a huge compliment. Pops has run a virtual coaching academy over the years, everyone wants a piece of a great coaching team.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Much ado about nothing.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-raptors-e...oker-1.1673061

The Toronto Raptors are set to add some head coaching experience to Nick Nurse's staff.

Yahoo! Sports' Chris Haynes reports that former Phoenix Suns head coach Earl Watson is finalizing a deal to join the team as an assistant.

Comment

• Earl Watson sort of sucked as a head coach. He coached rebuilding teams in Phoenix so I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome to Toronto!

Comment

• Was Earl Watson the same Suns HC who ran the "slash bros" lineup, and then scrapped it in favour of starting a rookie Devin Booker? Or do I have my timelines mixed up??

Comment

• Booker gives Watson a lot of credit for his development. Seems like a nice fit for the Raptors player development culture. If we get Suggs, Watson is a guy who can help him reach that all star level of play.

Comment

• Suns laughing at the signing but I guess gotta give him benefit of the doubt
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          Was Earl Watson the same Suns HC who ran the "slash bros" lineup, and then scrapped it in favour of starting a rookie Devin Booker? Or do I have my timelines mixed up??
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Just listened to Masai's presser from today and Nick Nurse on Sid and Friends. Very pumped. Glad for Canada Basketball that Nick will be returning through to 2024. Super pumped that the Raptors will (based on hints from Masai and Nick) be supporting the development of basketball in Canada.

Also pumped on the Raptors new direction to positionless basketball using long, tall, smart players who can switch over 4 positions as referenced by both Masai and Nick. Clearly they are looking for strategies that can work when free agents don't want to come. Find non-superstars who elevate everybody's game because they play correctly, players who have high energy and are long and tall enough to be great defenders, and teach all of them to play selfless basketball looking for the great shot as opposed to the good shot. We'll see how it works out over the next couple of years.

Fearless predicition...the NBA will be trying to copy the Raptors starting next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X