Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Head Games already starting.
    Let me guess..Eastern conference team executive..Sixers..lol..Bunch of Trolls.
    Lakers are Trash..WTF he would want 2 leave for a upcoming great team for a team that's about 2 blow up..Lebron is about 2 leave...
    Hey Sixers Clowns executive keep it 2 your self and don't spread hot garbage..
    F^## Sixers..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

they did win a chip recently... I just don't know if it was worth it because they don't have any moves left and won't be good for a while. It will be difficult for them to become half way decent without taking a meaningful step back next year.. I don't think they want to waste a year of lebron. Wall won't help them and will cost a pick potentially to trade. If I was Houston I would be adamant that I wouldn't be taking on Westbrook without that. Charlotte has been rumored for Westbrook but it doesn't make sense ... I think they would be smarter if they went after gobert using Hayward and others to make up the salaries and then added in picks.
      In terms of messy front office.
      Jeannie doesn't have a clue on how to run the organization. She gets by only with the help of her dad's friends.
      You think they'd have won a chip if not for the pandemic?
      Lebron and Rich Paul are ruining the team and are setting it back for years.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...against-76ers/

Shaped by Nick Nurse's patient guidance, these Raptors are a real playoff threat

“I think coach Nurse has done a tremendous job,” said Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin, who filled in on the bench for Nurse after he bowed out with a non-COVID illness. “I’m not just saying that because I work for him, but every year in my eyes he should be up there with Coach of the Year, done a phenomenal job with our team and just bringing us together.

“He gets the most out of his teams and I think that’s the quality of a great coach. Management does a great job of giving us pieces, but the head coach has to maximize those pieces and I think coach Nurse does that better than anyone I’ve been around.”

The Raptors do have plenty of pieces but making them fit was a challenge.

This is a roster without a traditional centre, without a proven backup point guard, that lacks shooting and for much of the year didn’t have anything close to a quality bench rotation. Their best player, Siakam, didn’t play for the first 10 games and was ineffective for the next ten. Their other best player, VanVleet, has been reduced to part-time status since the all-star break with only glimpses of his all-star form when his knee allows. This was supposed to be OG Anunoby’s breakout year and he’s played 48 games in between injuries. Nurse has played rookie Scottie Barnes at point guard and centre on consecutive nights he’s led the team and all first-year players in minutes played.

And this is all after losing Kyle Lowry, the Raptors icon, in free agency.

It could easily have gone the wrong way, but Nurse made it all work. The NBA’s coach of the year in 2019-20 has done even better work with less this time around.

Comment

• U.S media & teams just goes with the usual tirade: "hey he is a good coach in Toronto! poor thing! lets rescue him by giving him boatload of money(while he is still under contract!) and bring it over to a U.S brand name team for eternal glory"

Comment

• Wow….Nurse could be tempted.

Limelight/ Hollywood, coaching a franchise with winning history and possibly moving his family to a warmer weather could be something he maybe attracted.

They may also promise him a dual role or later down the road….coach for now and possibly VP of Basketball Operations or very least a GM role in the future

Nick Nurse has no obligation to be married to his current commitment as long as it is legally done…. if he chose to do so and really would want it, he will pursue it

Comment

• If NN find the other side greener than the current one…

I would like Masai and Bobby promote Nate Bjorkgren, give him a second chance to lead a team

He knows the core and the organization

what’s there not to like about him

Comment

• Why on earth would Nurse go into that mess. They don't even have a ton of guys that are "nurse" guys. Lebron wouldn't be able to be lackadaisical on defence.

Comment

• Nurse (and Shams by the way) are represented by Klutch. And Klutch basically runs the Lakers through Lebron.

Remember the Lakers having interest in Trent Jr? It's the same sh!t.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Nurse (and Shams by the way) are represented by Klutch. And Klutch basically runs the Lakers through Lebron.

Remember the Lakers having interest in Trent Jr? It's the same sh!t.
                    Jesus even the media is compromised. Lebron has more payed off henchmen in powerful jobs than big pharma
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Jesus even the media is compromised. Lebron has more payed off henchmen in powerful jobs than big pharma
                      Shams is not directly with Klutch. He's with United Talent Agency. They partnered with Klutch 2 years ago though and Rich Paul overseas both groups.

Looking forward to the time Lebron is out of the league.

Comment

• This is so fucking disrespectful. First of all Nurse is under contract. Two, Popovich has been coaching the Spurs for 25 years and you never heard anyone trying to poach him. Spoelstra is another one, Phil Jackson.... all the great coaches....c'mon man. This is bullshit.

The Raptors would look like a Mickey Mouse franchise if they let this happen.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Mon Apr 11, 2022, 06:28 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Also want to add, Nurse is the best coach in the league(been saying this for a while), the secret is out. That's why the Lakers are targeting him.

Masai has to stand his ground here.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is so fucking disrespectful. First of all Nurse is under contract. Two, Popovich has been coaching the Spurs for 25 years and you never heard anyone trying to poach him. Spoelstra is another one, Phil Jackson.... all the great coaches....c'mon man. This is bullshit.

The Raptors would look like a Mickey Mouse franchise if they let this happen.
                            it is disrespectful for sure. not unprecedented though... both doc (to clippers) and kidd (to bucks) were traded. usually it's a coach wanting out for greener pastures, which is why it's never happened with the legends you're talking about.

it's only a possibility if nick wants it to happen. even then, he has two years left so the compensation would have to be hefty. and i don't think they have much in the way of draft capitol, so i think this is a whole lot of noise and fully expect they'll end up with a pretty uninspiring hire (doc after his shitcanning?).

Comment

Also want to add, Nurse is the best coach in the league(been saying this for a while), the secret is out. That's why the Lakers are targeting him.

Masai has to stand his ground here.
                              Its a non-story. I highly doubt Nurse would want to leave and he'll need Masai's permission to do so and another pretty important thing is it would need to be a trade which would require picks and if players get involved then that too. Lakers don't have picks and their players suck.

Its just news from the Lakers that they want Nick, and the conversation will likely go:

*Rob calls Masai*
                              *Masai picks up the phone*
                              Rob: "We'd like permission to talk to Nick"
                              *Masai hangs up*
                              Rob: "Hello?"

Comment

• Remember, Nick Nurse is Phil Jackson's protege. Phil was seen at a Lakers game a few weeks ago. I think he's scouting them? It wouldn't surprised me if Phil was the one that recommended Nick to Jeannie Buss.

Btw, I didn't know that Kidd got traded to the Bucks. Damn.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X