Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Ujiri didn’t take the bait but that was very tempting

Understandably, Raptors fans can say that this is just noise….but personally I will not totally dismiss this news coming from Shams Charania.

As I already stated before, Nick Nurse can do whatever he thinks would benefit him personally and that would include his family and kids and whether he see himself settling as a lifetime coach or if he has high hopes career wise. Brad Stevens took the opportunity after Ainge retired. Does he think that Masai and Bobby are lifers as Raps top dogs or does he have the patience to wait until a vacancy is open. In my opinion, Rob Pelinka’s days as Jeannie Buss puppet are numbered. Maybe Jeannie would offer NN growth opportunities.

Time will tell.
    Another factor to consider here is why Nick chose to be represented by Klutch.
    We all know that agency's reputation, so why them?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Another factor to consider here is why Nick chose to be represented by Klutch.
      We all know that agency's reputation, so why them?
      https://www.sportico.com/law/analysi...ct-1234648158/

The conflict between Nurse and LeGarie arose in April 2020, when the Raptors informed Nurse—who had been asking for a contract extension—they’d like to redesign and extend his contract. Nurse then hired the agency Klutch Sports Group. According to court records, Nurse called LeGarie from Toronto to say he was letting him go, a move that LeGarie describes as a breach.
      The article may somewhat provide us a reason why he switched representation

NN has done it once, just sayin….

Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Apr 13, 2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Once upon a time in Hollywood...

Rick Dalton and the little girl..Best scene in a great movie !!!
        Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Apr 13, 2022, 04:27 PM.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

https://www.sportico.com/law/analysi...ct-1234648158/

The article may somewhat provide us a reason why he switched representation

NN has done it once, just sayin….

because klutch is really good at negotiating salaries. but they turned down ty lue or at least tried to cheat him. mark jackson who is represented by klutch hasn't gotten a shot.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

because klutch is really good at negotiating salaries. but they turned down ty lue or at least tried to cheat him. mark jackson who is represented by klutch hasn't gotten a shot.
            Not only does Klutch get their guys PAID, they get a bigger chunk of their salaries earlier in the year, as compared to other players.

Comment

• That is the point, the devil meaning Jeannie Buss will find a way. The recipient may see the other side much greener than the current one. As I said and will say it again, as long as it is done legally, Nick Nurse has the ultimate freedom to chose whatever benefits him personally and career wise. Klutch gave him what LeGarie couldn’t. …and Fuck Beyonce, Jay Z can have him.

Comment

That is the point, the devil meaning Jeannie Buss will find a way. The recipient may see the other side much greener than the current one. As I said and will say it again, as long as it is done legally, Nick Nurse has the ultimate freedom to chose whatever benefits him personally and career wise. Klutch gave him what LeGarie couldn’t. …and Fuck Beyonce, Jay Z can have him.
                Unless the offer him some ridiculous never before seen coaching deal like 12M x 8 or 5% of the Lakers, give me one reason why Nick Nurse would leave on of the best coaching situations on the planet (pay, world class city, family situation, endorsement opps, autonomy, world class management team, mid and long term future of this team etc)?

LA offers nothing but better weather....plus more stress and microscope and inevitable clashes with baby bron.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Unless the offer him some ridiculous never before seen coaching deal like 12M x 8 or 5% of the Lakers, give me one reason why Nick Nurse would leave on of the best coaching situations on the planet (pay, world class city, family situation, endorsement opps, autonomy, world class management team, mid and long term future of this team etc)?

LA offers nothing but better weather....plus more stress and microscope and inevitable clashes with baby bron.
                  I don't think Nurse is going anywhere but just to play devils advocate LA would provide all the same things Toronto does, but probably at an even higher level (pay, bigger city, endorsement etc.) and Nurse would never have to worry about trying to get the best of the best players to work in his system. No more waiting on players to develop a shot or basketball IQ when the best of the best are lining up to play for the Lakers. That's got to be attractive to a young and aspiring coach looking to build on his resume.

Comment

To me, the ultimate deal maker is growth opportunity…Rob Pelinka’s days could be numbered. NN can still coach a couple of seasons but they may see him as their Brad Stevens down the road.

weather, bright lights of Hollywood, rubbing elbows with the illuminati , and maybe pay raise could just be perks for him but seeing himself as the top guy just below Jeannie in the near future could be his penultimate career goal.

or he stays put and just be a coach lifer of the Raptors, nothing is wrong with that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not only does Klutch get their guys PAID, they get a bigger chunk of their salaries earlier in the year, as compared to other players.
                      like can they represent me in the future. I don't think they work in my field but they should.

Comment

To me, the ultimate deal maker is growth opportunity…Rob Pelinka’s days could be numbered. NN can still coach a couple of seasons but they may see him as their Brad Stevens down the road.

weather, bright lights of Hollywood, rubbing elbows with the illuminati , and maybe pay raise could just be perks for him but seeing himself as the top guy just below Jeannie in the near future could be his penultimate career goal.

or he stays put and just be a coach lifer of the Raptors, nothing is wrong with that.

I understand that you want to speculate here but......how is going to the lakers going to guarantee growth vs other organizations? Who is to say he wants that level of responsibility? Why are we still obsessively talking about a team that is no longer relevant at this point in the season?

How is nurse helping the lakers.... again why would you even want that job?

It isn't like they have assets until 2027.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I understand that you want to speculate here but......how is going to the lakers going to guarantee growth vs other organizations? Who is to say he wants that level of responsibility? Why are we still obsessively talking about a team that is no longer relevant at this point in the season?

How is nurse helping the lakers.... again why would you even want that job?

It isn't like they have assets until 2027.
                          Laugh out loud…carry on

Comment

• does lebron get another title ever?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't think Nurse is going anywhere but just to play devils advocate LA would provide all the same things Toronto does, but probably at an even higher level (pay, bigger city, endorsement etc.) and Nurse would never have to worry about trying to get the best of the best players to work in his system. No more waiting on players to develop a shot or basketball IQ when the best of the best are lining up to play for the Lakers. That's got to be attractive to a young and aspiring coach looking to build on his resume.
                              Actually just the opposite:
                              We've already covered that recent and current Lakers Coaches get zero cache, zero notoriety, zero endorsements compared to nurse. They (to this point) don't pay as well as Nurse gets here and the bigger city is just more pollution and bad traffic. And of course he's have to worry about getting those prima donnas to play under his system. We've already discussed whether lebron would (or could any more) for 48 minutes. Debateable whether Davis would, for sure Westbrick wouldn't if he's still there. It's a nightmare for a coach who demands compliance or you sit.

Raps are a team on the rise while the lakers are crapping the bed with no prospects or draft picks in the cupboard, comparatively.

Unless they grossly overpay him, all they offer is weather which is fantastic all things being equal...which they're not

Comment

Actually just the opposite:
                                We've already covered that recent and current Lakers Coaches get zero cache, zero notoriety, zero endorsements compared to nurse. They (to this point) don't pay as well as Nurse gets here and the bigger city is just more pollution and bad traffic. And of course he's have to worry about getting those prima donnas to play under his system. We've already discussed whether lebron would (or could any more) for 48 minutes. Debateable whether Davis would, for sure Westbrick wouldn't if he's still there. It's a nightmare for a coach who demands compliance or you sit.

Raps are a team on the rise while the lakers are crapping the bed with no prospects or draft picks in the cupboard, comparatively.

Unless they grossly overpay him, all they offer is weather which is fantastic all things being equal...which they're not
                                I think nurse values the opportunity to shape, mold, experiment and try new things with impressionable players who want to improve. I think he enjoys being part of the system which allows unknown guys to turn into all stars and superstars. I think he values the opportunity to teach and to learn. I'm not sure LAs approach of bringing in established talent, most of whom would already possess a rather large ego and likely more rigid in how they play, would really appeal to Nurse. I think he relishes the chance to help create the established talent, guiding and nurturing young players to help grow their careers. It also gives him rapport and respect with the players, and perhaps more impact or influence or dare I say power over what happens on the court. If Nurse wants this team to try something, seems to me they do it. I mean, when was the last time Lebron was coached...his early Miami days maybe? Imagine 2 or 3 guys on a team dismissing a coach like Nurse who wants to try something new or get his players to do something outside their comfort zone. Blatt was canned early and Lue was under lebrons thumb in Cleveland. I don't think that's a position Nurse wants to be in. He wants respect from his players and to be valued by the organization. He can probably get that in a lot of places, but I don't think LA is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X