Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I think nurse values the opportunity to shape, mold, experiment and try new things with impressionable players who want to improve. I think he enjoys being part of the system which allows unknown guys to turn into all stars and superstars. I think he values the opportunity to teach and to learn. I'm not sure LAs approach of bringing in established talent, most of whom would already possess a rather large ego and likely more rigid in how they play, would really appeal to Nurse. I think he relishes the chance to help create the established talent, guiding and nurturing young players to help grow their careers. It also gives him rapport and respect with the players, and perhaps more impact or influence or dare I say power over what happens on the court. If Nurse wants this team to try something, seems to me they do it. I mean, when was the last time Lebron was coached...his early Miami days maybe? Imagine 2 or 3 guys on a team dismissing a coach like Nurse who wants to try something new or get his players to do something outside their comfort zone. Blatt was canned early and Lue was under lebrons thumb in Cleveland. I don't think that's a position Nurse wants to be in. He wants respect from his players and to be valued by the organization. He can probably get that in a lot of places, but I don't think LA is one of them.
    I honestly feel like Blatt wasn't given a fair shot too

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I honestly feel like Blatt wasn't given a fair shot too
      Nurse plays jazz. LA, by its very nature, demands glitz rock.

Comment

• Fans who like to criticize Nurse after every loss need to listen more to the players:

Form SportsNet:
        Do they have a plan B?

“Yeah, I mean, come on, it’s Nicky Nurse, baby,” said VanVleet. “In all seriousness, we’ve shown that we can win in a thousand different ways this year, there’s a lot of different ways to do it and we’ve explored just about all of them.”

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Fans who like to criticize Nurse after every loss need to listen more to the players:

Form SportsNet:
          Do they have a plan B?

“Yeah, I mean, come on, it’s Nicky Nurse, baby,” said VanVleet. “In all seriousness, we’ve shown that we can win in a thousand different ways this year, there’s a lot of different ways to do it and we’ve explored just about all of them.”
          Good call out, this is something we all forget sometimes. When Nick is doing wacky lineups or offensive or defensive sets, it's not because he's an idiot or doesn't know what works, it's because he's testing out every possible iteration of what this team can do, so come playoff time we have a toolbox full of options to throw at other teams and they'll have no way to prepare for it.

The exact opposite of most coaches who demand the same play style and strategy all season long.

Comment

Fans who like to criticize Nurse after every loss need to listen more to the players:

Form SportsNet:
            Do they have a plan B?

Wow.
            Mad scientist alright.

Comment

• As much as most of us appreciate Nick Nurse as the coach of this team, he got us a championship, very innovative, thinking outside of the box, flexibility to adjust in game and a big factor in the development of some of our young guys, it is also fair to say some of his flaws:

- he has to lessen the minutes of his starters and trust the end of bench guys right off the bat…running those starters to the ground is just a backward way of thinking

- reduced the iso-centered plays, increase more PnRs, PnP, draw and kicks plays and post up plays for his power guys like OG and Scottie

- but the one that really stand out is his overhelping defense in the middle and leaving three point shooters open

We pointed out some of the areas the players have to improve on this season but Coach Nurse has some things to tweak on as well

Comment

• listen to nurse a bit and he keep repeating the same thing over and over again and he said rotation but all i heard was lack of basketball IQ. i wonder who he is talking about? i only remember one player getting torched over and over and over again.

Comment

• Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Mon May 2, 2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• We all questioned why reporters haven't asked Nick about the Lakers. Well there you go.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      We all questioned why reporters haven't asked Nick about the Lakers. Well there you go.
                      Which is all he had to say if he was asked the day after. But it's an opportunity to pump your own team's tires for the management team and ownership and the city.

Oh well, question asked and answered; next.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        We all questioned why reporters haven't asked Nick about the Lakers. Well there you go.
                        Which goes back to the suggestion that Nick or Raptors told them not to bring it up during the playoffs, and the beat writers willingly obliged.

Comment

Which is all he had to say if he was asked the day after. But it's an opportunity to pump your own team's tires for the management team and ownership and the city.

Oh well, question asked and answered; next.
                          More importantly, an opportunity to diss Lakers.

Comment

• Well thank goodness they finally asked the question, I know my life is better for having received that answer. Can finally sleep.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Well thank goodness they finally asked the question, I know my life is better for having received that answer. Can finally sleep.
                              I sense sarcasm ....

Comment

• FVV said the same thing the other day. We need depth and we need SHOOTERS.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X