Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Read that Nurse article and the end describes what is interesting to me about this off season. Could the Raps use catch and shoot players? For sure. Could they use a "lob threat"? Sure. But can they find guys that fit those bills who can guard both bigger and smaller guys and are also "versatile"? That I am not so sure about, especially contrasting it with the fact they are apparently still all-in on the 6'9 thing.

Go look at 2022 free agents and tell me how many of those guys fit with this Raps team and will get on the floor. It's not a long list at all. Like, Dalano Banton has a better shot at making it work than most of the obtainable free agents.
    Ujiri emphasized the we have to improve internally. Whether that was in reference to lack of free agent interest in playing for the Raps, lack of trade options or whatever the message is the same. No significant help is coming through those avenues.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      My money is on Griffin getting the LA job UNLESS a big name coach suddenly becomes available.

See, it's all connected. Nurse was the Lakers #1 choice imo. I told you all a couple of weeks ago when the Lakers/Nurse rumours started that Phil Jackson was seen at a Lakers game and that there were rumours that he's advising the team. A couple of days ago the Lakers officially announced that Phil Jackson will advise the Lakers in their search for a new head coach. Masai pretty much shutdown the Lakers/Nurse rumour yesterday. And now that the Lakers know that they can't get Nurse they're going after his assistant lol.
      Not rocket science from Phil but at least he's got the Lakers looking in the right place. Going for the staff of the most successful coach is usually a great place to look.

Comment

• Why not poach somebody in the West like GSW's assistant coach Kenny Atkinson or Bruce Fraser or player development coach Jama Mahlalela and weaken a conference rival? Or Clippers Brian Shaw or Jay Larranaga. Like Portland took Chauncey Billups. Maybe look at Phoenix?

Now that would be a smarter move. Of course baby bron and Clutch will have to approve....

Comment

• I hope Griff gets a head coaching job one day, but I hope he doesn't get that one. Being Lebron's coach is a thankless job.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            I hope Griff gets a head coaching job one day, but I hope he doesn't get that one. Being Lebron's coach is a thankless job.
            Yeah going into that mess a first year head coach isn't ideal. Vogel won a championship with them and got scapegoated.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Why not poach somebody in the West like GSW's assistant coach Kenny Atkinson or Bruce Fraser or player development coach Jama Mahlalela and weaken a conference rival? Or Clippers Brian Shaw or Jay Larranaga. Like Portland took Chauncey Billups. Maybe look at Phoenix?

Now that would be a smarter move. Of course baby bron and Clutch will have to approve....
              We brought in Earl Watson last year. He's also a Rico Hines guy, so that probably helped Pascal.

Comment

• I heard Pascal's agent was pushing for the hire of Earl Watson. Sounds like Pascal does most of his workouts with him.

Comment

I hope Griff gets a head coaching job one day, but I hope he doesn't get that one. Being Lebron's coach is a thankless job.
                  Well, the upside would be that he goes there, there's conflict between him and the LeBron crew which leads to another messy Lakers season, he gets let go and comes back to the Raptors where the stink of his LA time is washed off of him in three years time during which he gets to add two more championship rings to his resume.

Comment

It's a time limited job as he eventually throws the coach under the bus

Last edited by G__Deane; Thu May 5, 2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Cool video of Nick showing some of his end of game sets to kids when he was there in Hungary:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Cool video of Nick showing some of his end of game sets to kids when he was there in Hungary:

Doc Rivers is going to be learning something for free now.

Comment

• Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            oh darn it was posted

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              Coaching doesn't matter. Everyone knows this.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X