• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Coaching 'doesn't matter'

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Coaching 'doesn't matter'
      Of course it doesn't, just ask the winners in New Jersey, they could coach themselves.
      Last edited by Dvdvideo; Mon Nov 7, 2022, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• The Nick Nurse defensive system at work.

For the third season in a row, the Raptors are forcing the highest amount of turnovers in the league while rarely turning it over themselves. They are also grabbing the third highest percentage of offensive rebounds in the league and ranking in the middle of the pack on the defensive glass, giving them a historically high number of possessions to play with — and their opponents a historically low amount. In fact, the Raptors are averaging 8.5 extra scoring chances per game than their opponent, which is 4.5 more than the No. 2 team and the same difference between the second team and the 18th team.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          The Nick Nurse defensive system at work.

For the third season in a row, the Raptors are forcing the highest amount of turnovers in the league while rarely turning it over themselves. They are also grabbing the third highest percentage of offensive rebounds in the league and ranking in the middle of the pack on the defensive glass, giving them a historically high number of possessions to play with — and their opponents a historically low amount. In fact, the Raptors are averaging 8.5 extra scoring chances per game than their opponent, which is 4.5 more than the No. 2 team and the same difference between the second team and the 18th team.
          That’s a shocking number given most NBA are decided by fairly small margins.

Comment

• Now if we could manage be more efficient scoring with those extra possessions we'd be cooking the league. Fred and Gary are not the most efficient guards and tend to drag those numbers down.

Comment

• I'm...hmm..how 2 start this..by not offending the woke nation..lol..
              Listen..I hate saying this, I'm greatful he won us a chip, but he needs 2 Fired.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                I'm...hmm..how 2 start this..by not offending the woke nation..lol..
                Listen..I hate saying this, I'm greatful he won us a chip, but he needs 2 Fired.
                not there yet but this isn't headed in a good direction

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

not there yet but this isn't headed in a good direction
                  It'll take a lot more for him to be fired.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Raps would have to miss the post season AND start next year horribly before that would even be on the table.
                    Masai's/Webster got some horse trading to do first imo....

Comment

exactly and I dont think we should start there ... we need to start by considering trading guys who don't fit.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

exactly and I dont think we should start there ... we need to start by considering trading guys who don't fit.
                        They need to fill in the weaknesses which is a combo guard and a legit C, both of which Masai and Bobby have been trying to do. They're fully aware of whats going on which is why they tried going for Brogdon and have been in Poeltl and Turner rumors for a while now. Trades aren't easy.
                        Last edited by A.I; Sat Dec 10, 2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• So nick says he plays to win every game? I thought he said reg ssn is for experimenting? These two games are the type of games some coaches give players rest. Playing OG 43 minutes and hardly any subs is just bad. Last night shudda been 15-20 minutes for guys like champegnie and dowtin.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            So nick says he plays to win every game? I thought he said reg ssn is for experimenting? These two games are the type of games some coaches give players rest. Playing OG 43 minutes and hardly any subs is just bad. Last night shudda been 15-20 minutes for guys like champegnie and dowtin.
                            I am starting to give up on Nick.
                            I think his style fits that of a contending team, not a team that is still developing like this current Raptors

Comment

They need to fill in the weaknesses which is a combo guard and a legit C, both of which Masai and Bobby have been trying to do. They're fully aware of whats going on which is why they tried going for Brogdon and have been in Poeltl and Turner rumors for a while now. Trades aren't easy.
                              they aren't but they will have to happen not sure what the obvious move is but something will happen

Comment

• OG questionable tomorrow. Left hip soreness

Comment

Working...
                                X