• Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Coaching
    Golden brainwashed you I see.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Exactly. That's the problem with this offense. Modern NBA is about 3pt shooting. We only have THREE 3pt shooters on the team -- and the one who has been the most consistent of the 3 has struggled mightily this year.

Again, we only have THREE 3pt shooters on this team. Most teams have 5+, the Magic have 6.
      our highest volume 3 guys fred trent og pascal barnes are all 5% or more below the league AVERAGE so Id argue we have no 3pt shooters as it stands

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

our highest volume 3 guys fred trent og pascal barnes are all 5% or more below the league AVERAGE so Id argue we have no 3pt shooters as it stands
        We have a lot of 3 pt shooters.
        All of them shoots it, it's just that all of them sucks at it

Comment

We have a lot of 3 pt shooters.
          All of them shoots it, it's just that all of them sucks at it
          There is a difference between a shooter and a player who can shoot.

Comment

• I just don't know why they insist on so much mismatch hunting and ISO? Why they seem to refuse to utilize Fred and Gary as catch and shoot players? Why they don't feed Scottie the ball in the paint? There is alot wrong with this offence that I think could be alleviated with a few tweaks. At least Gray has the ability to get off a decent shot off the dribble, but we overuse Fred as a dribbler and I think everyone on the team thinks so. No one moves when he has the ball except koloko and birch, who really have little choice as screeners. Granted, Fred has been alright getting those guys the ball in the PnR, but I think that's mostly because the D generally leaves them more open.

The defence too, needs tweaks. I'm not sure what solutions could be made there, but I hate the gravity the paint seems to have on the weak side. So easy to get a corner 3 from a pass on the other side of the court.

And why is it that the whole team seems to struggle shooting for stretches of games? You'd think 1 or 2 at least could shoot alright each game (from 3 that is).

I'm trying not to overreact because the potential is there for this team to be really good with the roster as is, playing the way they play. But it's concerning, because Scottie has regressed, and this team can't really improve unless he does.

Damn, I want Shai on this team. I just bet he and Scottie could develop some good chemistry.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

There is a difference between a shooter and a player who can shoot.
              Perhaps wanna be shooters. Lol
              Even our fave Khem lets it go once in a while

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Golden brainwashed you I see.

Comment

• Pretty fair & balanced critique of the team, players, coach, schemes, etc... by Samson Folk of RR.

An excellent watch/listen, if you have time....

Comment

• I think the major issue with the way the team is being built is drafting players with the thought that you can turn them in to shooters. Every player has improved in that category but we are way to inconsistent.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Pretty fair & balanced critique of the team, players, coach, schemes, etc... by Samson Folk of RR.

I like the Scottie assessment, in particular.
                      Why Nurse keeps assigning him to guard the opposing quick guards is baffling to me

Comment

Why Nurse keeps assigning him to guard the opposing quick guards is baffling to me
                        There's a ton of good nuggets in here:

1) Nurse got too much credit for the chip, and too much flak for the shooting woes now. (i.e. Coaching doesn't matter - shoutout planetmars )
                        2) Fred might be on the decline due to heavy mileage (i.e. Nurse running players into the ground is real)
                        3) Trading for Jakob. (Good: Rim protection & finishing. Bad: Fred & Pascal can run a good PnR.)
                        4) Legitimate criticisms of the both the offensive and defensive schemes.
                        5) Raptors being elite at teaching shooting is likely a fan-base myth.
                        6) Precious might be the guy to fix our problems at center and with the starting unit.

Comment

There's a ton of good nuggets in here:

1) Nurse got too much credit for the chip, and too much flak for the shooting woes now. (i.e. Coaching doesn't matter - shoutout planetmars )
                          2) Fred might be on the decline due to heavy mileage (i.e. Nurse running players into the ground is real)
                          3) Trading for Jakob. (Good: Rim protection & finishing. Bad: Fred & Pascal can run a good PnR.)
                          4) Legitimate criticisms of the both the offensive and defensive schemes.
                          5) Raptors being elite at teaching shooting is likely a fan-base myth.
                          6) Precious might be the guy to fix our problems at center and with the starting unit.
                          You can't say coaching doesn't matter and at the same time criticize the defensive and offensive schemes. The coach is entirely in charge of the schemes, and if they matter, then coaching matters.

Comment

Pretty fair & balanced critique of the team, players, coach, schemes, etc... by Samson Folk of RR.

Really liking the content Samson has brought since he's started working with RR.

Not sure if he's going to be allowed back into the media room after this video though LOL.

Comment

Part of Scottie's development maybe?

He described Scottie and OG's body time to be similar, but talked about how OG pays attention to things like suppression where as Scottie doesn't. He's gotta learn somehow.

Comment

• When it’s all said and done…Nick Nurse will quit his day job and focus on his true calling….

Nursing all his inured players

Comment

Working...
                                X