Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that's true

I don't fully trust a lot of this "open shot" data. Until I see camera data derived from the player's viewpoint at floor level, also taking into account the closing speed and length of the defender, I'm not buying any of this. On top of that, there's no data that talks about "rhythm". A guy might be wide open, but it's his first touch of the game and maybe he he hasn't touched the ball for 15 minutes because his teammates are dominating the ball with ISO, so he's not in rhythm. Or, he's not getting the ball in his shooting pocket or at the end of the clock. A lot of factors involved, which I don't think these guys are capturing with their analysis of overhead video.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Agreed. We didn't do anything in the offseason to improve the team. Masai said in his press conference after the season last year that he'd like to add more SHOOTERS and he'd like to add a lob threat. I guess Koloko is the lob threat? a 2nd round rookie? they added one shooter in Porter who also happens to be injury prone. *facepalm*

Nurse has been given defenders out the ying-yang... what has he done with those? A bottom-half ranked defense that regularly gets punked at home. Notice how the question that set him off was about "effort". That's all about defense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nurse has been given defenders out the ying-yang... what has he done with those? A bottom-half ranked defense that regularly gets punked at home. Notice how the question that set him off was about "effort". That's all about defense.
        It's the fuckng system.

Comment

I don't fully trust a lot of this "open shot" data. Until I see camera data derived from the player's viewpoint at floor level, also taking into account the closing speed and length of the defender, I'm not buying any of this. On top of that, there's no data that talks about "rhythm". A guy might be wide open, but it's his first touch of the game and maybe he he hasn't touched the ball for 15 minutes because his teammates are dominating the ball with ISO, so he's not in rhythm. Or, he's not getting the ball in his shooting pocket or at the end of the clock. A lot of factors involved, which I don't think these guys are capturing with their analysis of overhead video.
          It also doesn’t account for why guys are wide open. Teams are happy to leave the Raptors wide open. They only really look out for Trent. Everyone else they are happy to have shoot threes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It also doesn’t account for why guys are wide open. Teams are happy to leave the Raptors wide open. They only really look out for Trent. Everyone else they are happy to have shoot threes.
            If they can't hit the three for sh*t, why not just leave them open and pack the paint?
            Many times Masai/Bobby has brought in the new 3 point shooter wunder-kid and they've been absolutely horrible here, open or not, Casey or Nurse.

This year it's all of them.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

If they can't hit the three for sh*t, why not just leave them open and pack the paint?
              Many times Masai/Bobby has brought in the new 3 point shooter wunder-kid and they've been absolutely horrible here, open or not, Casey or Nurse.

This year it's all of them.
              "Opposing teams leave Raptors wide open because they can't hit shots."

"Yuta wasn't hitting shots with Raptors because he wasn't wide open, like he is now with the Nets"

Which one is it, guys? lol.

Comment

• Nurse:
                "They're working hard and focused but the energy vibe is off"

"The collective energy is not quite there."

He's mentioned this at various times and in various ways for weeks now. Look no further than Scottie and the joy that's missing. Hard to bring the full energy when there's no fun in playing. Is it the schemes, is it personnel issues, no one outside the locker room really knows but it's something that's not right an dchanges need to be made.

My feeling is running it back with more meaningless nibbling around the edges of the roster and bringing back Fred is going to result in more of the same issue, whatever it is. Team needs a shakeup and Masai can't hide from it any longer.

Comment

Nurse:

He's mentioned this at various times and in various ways for weeks now. Look no further than Scottie and the joy that's missing. Hard to bring the full energy when there's no fun in playing. Is it the schemes, is it personnel issues, no one outside the locker room really knows but it's something that's not right an dchanges need to be made.

My feeling is running it back with more meaningless nibbling around the edges of the roster and bringing back Fred is going to result in more of the same issue, whatever it is. Team needs a shakeup and Masai can't hide from it any longer.
                  A lot of rumblings from many different people, including CJ (who is a player) most recently. Something is definitely going on.

Running it back depends on what the issue is. If its something like the Rudy Gay issue, addition by subtraction could help the team going.

Comment

• Raptors' Nurse comments on team's effort level: 'The energy vibe is off'
                    I believed that he has no one to fault but himself. This team was 1 game above 500 and season was clearly salvageable before for some power trip reason, he called out Trent, benched the guy and benched Scottie for 1 game. VanVleet was simultaneously struggling back then but chose the safest route and made known to the world that the two young guys gets the blame OVER his favorite son.

Fast forward to now and he was talking about the team’s energy vibe being off. LOL

As I said before…crunching numbers is fine and dandy, RPM is a good metric BUT the one flaw of it, is not taking into account team Chemistry.

moron alert !

Comment

Nurse:

we have been talking about addition by subtraction even before the sun rises…..but kool-aid drinkers are back to sobriety now realizing VanVleet needs to go

they tried their best, but at least it’s never too late.

Feb.9

lol.

Comment

• Cut the chain between VanVleet and Nurse so Nurse can concentrate to what he does best and that is coaching over politicking and protecting his favorite son.

Years and years of favoring the guy can be exhausting

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I believed that he has no one to fault but himself. This team was 1 game above 500 and season was clearly salvageable before for some power trip reason, he called out Trent, benched the guy and benched Scottie for 1 game. VanVleet was simultaneously struggling back then but chose the safest route and made known to the world that the two young guys gets the blame OVER his favorite son.

Fast forward to now and he was talking about the team’s energy vibe being off. LOL

As I said before…crunching numbers is fine and dandy, RPM is a good metric BUT the one flaw of it, is not taking into account team Chemistry.

moron alert !
                          Did you watch the Hawks game? Pascal and Fred looked like the two guys that didn't show up. Both were absolutely brutal. Pascal usually gives some form of energy but he didn't seem to care much while on the court. And Fred as we know looked out of shape and shouldn't have played.

I thought the young kids had lots of energy. Especially Scottie who had one of his better games. So what would benching him have any affect on Fred or Pascal? I don't get how your dots are connected there.

Gary just had an off night. But he gets those. He still ended up with 3 steals. One should have lead to an and-1, and Nurse got a tech for that non-call. That's some good energy from him too.

Comment

• Precious... on why he thinks Nurse is frustrated:

"... he has a team full of guys who can actually defend the ball at a really high level, and we're not doing that."

Comment

Precious... on why he thinks Nurse is frustrated:

"... he has a team full of guys who can actually defend the ball at a really high level, and we're not doing that."

The Hawks game felt like it was over after a few minutes. Has to be incredibly frustrating to be a Raptor right now.

We need a trade to shake things up.

Comment

Precious... on why he thinks Nurse is frustrated:

Doesn't sound likes he's blaming Nurse then

Comment

Working...
                                X