Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

After reading this, really seems like a PG who can handle point of attack and bench depth with some different skills than the starters are the huge needs to make this thing work.

Precious plus Koloko is a pretty ideal center rotation. Hopefully we get to see that post trade deadline after some starters are moved.
    Yep. It makes it pretty clear. They are deliberately avoiding bringing in a rim protecting drop center by design. Just need better execution & communication on the schemes to wall off the paint.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. It makes it pretty clear. They are deliberately avoiding bringing in a rim protecting drop center by design. Just need better execution & communication on the schemes to wall off the paint.
      Precious and Koloko are both mobile and can block shots. They fit what we wanna do on defense. Unfortunately we don't play them because we need to start Fred and Gary

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Precious and Koloko are both mobile and can block shots. They fit what we wanna do on defense. Unfortunately we don't play them because we need to start Fred and Gary
        A Koloko-Precious-Pascal-OG-Scottie lineup could be interesting. Have we seen that yet? Might need it against the Magic.

Comment

• Precious seems to lose on the 50/50 balls under the basket a lot. Not an ideal C imo

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            Precious seems to lose on the 50/50 balls under the basket a lot. Not an ideal C imo
            Another player who just turned 23 for cripes sake, is it a learned skill, can he learn to box out, rebound, is he a complete product?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              Precious seems to lose on the 50/50 balls under the basket a lot. Not an ideal C imo
              Precious has a 24% defensive rebound rate. Pretty good, especially with how much perimeter roving he ends up doing. He probably loses on 50/50 balls about half the time or so.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• from Shams article 1/30/23:

https://theathletic.com/4136200/2023...-suns-crowder/

What’s more, Nick Nurse’s future as Raptors head coach is expected to come into focus this summer, when sources say he will be entering the final year of his contract going into next season. After the 2019-20 season, Nurse – who guided the Raptors to the 2019 NBA championship, won Coach of the Year in 2020, and is regarded among the league’s best coaches – signed a contract extension through 2023-24 worth $8 million per year. The length of the deal has not been previously disclosed by the team. There’s been frustration throughout the roster and staff with the team’s play at points of this season, and that has been directed toward Nurse at times too, according to sources.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  The prof is Hollywood bound

Comment

• Have to think Masai’s evaluation involves seeing how Nurse adapts for the rest of the season. This Jazz loss on him. Maybe the seat should be getting a little warm…

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      Have to think Masai’s evaluation involves seeing how Nurse adapts for the rest of the season. This Jazz loss on him. Maybe the seat should be getting a little warm…
                      The Utah game looked really, really bad. Probably the worst loss of the season given the context. And it was all same old, same old. Again, everything has been pointing in one direction all season.

Comment

• I'll keep repeating it till the season is done, when Nick Nurse decided 2 bench Scottie and Trent and inserted Siakim right away after the next game they played when Siakim was coming off injury and bench those 2 guys, the season was done.
                        U lost the room, u lost half your team. U decided 2 s%$& on the young and back the veterans Fv and Siakim, it was over than.
                        This Franchise if they want 2 move forward, then have 2 look all possibilities..Nick Nurse his time has run out. Sorry 2 say it, u are great coach, but not for this team..similar with FV..good player, time 2 go, does not mesh with roster.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Utah game looked really, really bad. Probably the worst loss of the season given the context. And it was all same old, same old. Again, everything has been pointing in one direction all season.
                          So am I officially off the NN hater list… now that the stuff I’ve been pointing out for a long time has become apparent to all.

Comment

• David Thorpe talked about firing Nick before the Raptors blow it up. Mentioned Nick can rub people the wrong way and may not just be working anymore in Toronto.

If the team doesn't start turning it out, the talks will pick up more and more, especially now that Masai got a legit C.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              David Thorpe talked about firing Nick before the Raptors blow it up. Mentioned Nick can rub people the wrong way and may not just be working anymore in Toronto.

If the team doesn't start turning it out, the talks will pick up more and more, especially now that Masai got a legit C.
                              I'm not on the fire NN bandwagon or at least not yet. I don't think he's lost the locker room or anything but I definitely think they need to time down the overly aggressive defense. It's opening up so many seams in the defense which teams are exploiting. And they need to get back to some movement in the offense. It's too predictable right now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm not on the fire NN bandwagon or at least not yet. I don't think he's lost the locker room or anything but I definitely think they need to time down the overly aggressive defense. It's opening up so many seams in the defense which teams are exploiting. And they need to get back to some movement in the offense. It's too predictable right now.
                                He has a track record with playing drop coverage with Gasol, so its not out of the question with Poeltl. Its been 1 game, but once Poeltl is up to speed, drop coverage is what will probably be best to maximize Poeltl as the anchor defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X