Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Nothing here show it was Nurse's idea.
    In fact the previous post pretty much shows it was Masai's inspiration and Nurse bought in.

Regardless of the revolving and yet repetitive blame game, the roster is still lacking, we need shooters and I think we can all agree that Pascal hasn't moved in the top 5-10 NBA player that he himself forecast. I'm not sure he's top 20
    He was playing like a top 15 player for the first half of the season, he is probably still around there but closer to 20 instead of 15. It seems like his play getting worse coincided with the Poeltl trade. He was ridiculous most of February. Averaging 26, 7 and 5 on 50% and 47% from 3. There is less space with Poeltl, Siakam and Scottie there instead of Pascal, Scottie and OG. He has been taking more mid range fadeaways because of it. Basically every discussion we have about the team it almost always ends up boiling down to roster construction.

Although it has been only the last 5 games or so in which Pascal has struggled.
    Last edited by A.I; Mon Mar 13, 2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He was playing like a top 15 player for the first half of the season, he is probably still around there but closer to 20 instead of 15. It seems like his play getting worse coincided with the Poeltl trade. He was ridiculous most of February. Averaging 26, 7 and 5 on 50% and 47% from 3. There is less space with Poeltl, Siakam and Scottie there instead of Pascal, Scottie and OG. He has been taking more mid range fadeaways because of it. Basically every seems like it always ends up boiling down to roster construction.
      I was previously on the bad fit bandwagon, but Dan pointed out that Pascal, Scottie and Jakob have a +9.5 net rating when they share the court together. That would be like a 70-win team. Not sure what to make of it now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I was previously on the bad fit bandwagon, but Dan pointed out that Pascal, Scottie and Jakob have a +9.5 net rating when they share the court together. That would be like a 70-win team. Not sure what to make of it now.
        Looking back at the box scores, Pascal was playing well the first 6 games or so since Poeltl got traded. Its really the last 5 he hasn't played well. He'll likely be fine.

Comment

Looking back at the box scores, Pascal was playing well the first 6 games or so since Poeltl got traded. Its really the last 5 he hasn't played well. He'll likely be fine.
          We've also been playing more difficult teams on the road, plus Pascal is always a bit up and down with his play.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Not sure why I can't embed tweets with my new phone but what the hell is this all about?

Golden is going to feast on this.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...JEoNhdaXg&s=19
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Not sure why I can't embed tweets with my new phone but what the hell is this all about?

Golden is going to feast on this.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...JEoNhdaXg&s=19
                Yup I remember when TooMuchHoops first suggested to give a core a chance with new coach. Easier to replace a coach then players.

I still don't think it will radically change the trajectory of this core
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Rumors are rumors, but hey, if Raptors are looking to part ways with Nick or Nick wants to step away for whatever reason, I'd be more than happy with Udoka as the coach.

Comment

Rumors are rumors, but hey, if Raptors are looking to part ways with Nick or Nick wants to step away for whatever reason, I'd be more than happy with Udoka as the coach.
                    Is he bringing his wife or his girlfriend?
                    It just doesn't seem like a Rogers move ....

Comment

Well Raptors gave Rodions Kurucs a shot, of course a head coach is a more prominent role than giving a guy a chance in summer league.

Wherever Udoka gets hired, I'm sure he'll hear it directly to not get involved in anything that got him previously fired.

Comment

• Well if this trade deadline has taught us anything it's that if there is a rumor about the Raps, its definitely not happening.

Comment

• I don’t mind giving NN another chance without VanVleet in the equation.

Breaking that chain should be the priority this offseason.

Let us see what he can do with Scottie as his main man.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            I don’t mind giving NN another chance without VanVleet in the equation.

Breaking that chain should be the priority this offseason.

Let us see what he can do with Scottie as his main man.
                            I'm ok with Nurse in some ways too, but he really needs to:

- lead by example and not complain on every single play, at least reduce it
                            - early in the season, actually give bench players a chance to get used to playing with each other and get comfortable before yanking them after 3 mins in two games
                            - keep running normal plays even if up in the 4th quarter
                            - more focus on getting scottie the ball
                            - actually pay attention when hes riding out a surge and keeps players in and his players are too tired to run anymore.....
                            - stop wasting challenges on 50/50 call plays that have 5% chance of being overturned

Comment

Who is Rogers? Not following.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Who is Rogers? Not following.
                                Rogers, the tele company. He means MLSE
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X