Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Really curious where Nurse lands now. Would the Cavs fire Bickerstaff If they lose to the Knicks?

What I'd like to see is Nurse to Chicago. Get rid of Donovan right now and hire Nurse. The Bulls was Nick's favorite team right? just a perfect match.
    If the Lakers don't win it all then they're gonna hire Nurse. Everyone knows that it's championship or fired in LA.

Nurse is a media whore. He is perfect for LA.

Plus didn't Lebron say he wanted Nurse a while ago? Lebron is the real GM there.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If the Lakers don't win it all then they're gonna hire Nurse. Everyone knows that it's championship or fired in LA.

Nurse is a media whore. He is perfect for LA.

Plus didn't Lebron say he wanted Nurse a while ago? Lebron is the real GM there.
      I can assure you, Nurse will not coach next season. The guy will relax, get paid his last year in the contract, and then, he might seek a coaching job.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You want player development and you want Nick Nurse to be your coach? Lol. Also, Nurse hates DeRozan and probably Vucevic & Lavine. That’s not his type of defense-first roster. No way he would go there unless they clean house.
        Wouldn't Nurse want to go to a title contender? That's why Houston was somewhat baffling to me.

There must be a few contenders (or wannabe contenders) considering coaching moves. Like if Denver gets knocked out, Malone? Memphis? Clips (does Lue want to deal with that mess?). Cavs? Sixers? Some good jobs in there...

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

I can assure you, Nurse will not coach next season. The guy will relax, get paid his last year in the contract, and then, he might seek a coaching job.
          Doubt it. He's gonna get paid even more at his next gig. He LOVES the public eye, he will jump on an LA job in a heartbeat.

The guy hasn't taken a year off ever.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Wouldn't Nurse want to go to a title contender? That's why Houston was somewhat baffling to me.

There must be a few contenders (or wannabe contenders) considering coaching moves. Like if Denver gets knocked out, Malone? Memphis? Clips (does Lue want to deal with that mess?). Cavs? Sixers? Some good jobs in there...
            Any playoff team that doesn't win it all will probably be interested.

Comment

• I would die laughing. Or crying. Not sure.

”Ty Lue remains one of the best coaches in the league, but it’ll be interesting to see whether he’s around next season—by his own choice or as an undeserved fall guy. If not, Nick Nurse makes sense as a replacement, particularly through his experience of coaching Leonard (and Powell) to a championship in 2019.“

https://www.theringer.com/2023/4/26/...rd-paul-george

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                I would die laughing. Or crying. Not sure.

”Ty Lue remains one of the best coaches in the league, but it’ll be interesting to see whether he’s around next season—by his own choice or as an undeserved fall guy. If not, Nick Nurse makes sense as a replacement, particularly through his experience of coaching Leonard (and Powell) to a championship in 2019.“

Imagine giving George and Leonard 4-year extensions for half a billion. 6 more years! Is this guy getting paid by the uncle? Lol. That would be insane. Absolutely fucking crazy.

Comment

• So Milwaukee should be interested.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    So Milwaukee should be interested.
                    This seems incredibly likely at the moment.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Given how badly Bud botched the game. Should be an automatic firing. Times like this is when coaching matters.

Had a timeout with 0.5 secs left, didn't call it. 2 timeouts in OT, didn't call it.

Middleton barely touched the ball down the stretch. Just Giannis trying to go downhill and either getting shut down by Bam or getting fouled and missing free throws. At the end, the Bucks panicked so bad that Grayson Allen had the ball.

Defensively, you have Holiday, Lopez and Giannis and the Bam to Jimmy play picked them apart for like 4 straight possessions.

I take back saying Bud might be the best established coach available if he gets fired lol.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I would die laughing. Or crying. Not sure.

I mean, Clippers front office have basically been trying to replicate the Raptors 2019 championship team. Bringing in Nurse, FVV and Lowry seems like the logical next step. They don't need Pascal because they already have their version of Playoff P.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Given how badly Bud botched the game. Should be an automatic firing. Times like this is when coaching matters.

Had a timeout with 0.5 secs left, didn't call it. 2 timeouts in OT, didn't call it.

Middleton barely touched the ball down the stretch. Just Giannis trying to go downhill and either getting shut down by Bam or getting fouled and missing free throws. At the end, the Bucks panicked so bad that Grayson Allen had the ball.

Defensively, you have Holiday, Lopez and Giannis and the Bam to Jimmy play picked them apart for like 4 straight possessions.

I take back saying Bud might be the best established coach available if he gets fired lol.
                          Giannis might be the best defender in the league. Maybe put him on Jimmy eh? Nah? Ok Bud.

Comment

• Good luck Nick, wishing you all the best in that gong show with the fake MVP.

Nurse registered a 237-170 record as Raptors head coach, guiding the team to a championship title in the 2018-19 season, the first in franchise history. The following season he was also named Coach of the Year.

Best Coach we've ever had.....

Comment

• Well, this thread can be shut down now. Maybe someone should start a "Raptors Coaches Who are Still Coaching" thread.

Comment

• Kind of sucks that's he's coaching a conference rival especially since he knows all of this teams strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X