Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Other teams are going to target the winners circle....

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Nick loves Nate.. could be a big loss for our coaching staff if he gets the job.
    That's his right hand man. Nate knows all his tricks.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Nick loves Nate.. could be a big loss for our coaching staff if he gets the job.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Add Lowry to that list. Firing Casey at his COY peak is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Half the conference was tanking throughout Casey's tenure. Now, just the Atlantic Division is the toughest division in all of basketball.
    True. Now Casey is only making 25% of his salary....seems about right

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Casey is a great coach if your goal is to compete for a playoff spot. Im not sure if Detroit even has a goal
    Yeah I remember the marked turnaround going from Triano to Casey, the DRTG jumped immediately from 113 to 104. Just a lot more hustle, effort, and cohesiveness, the team was more fun to watch almost right away bc looked like they were really working for it.

Then you also hit your ceiling with Casey pretty hard, well documented here in RR.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Casey is overpaid .... should be sending 25% of his cheque every week to Nurse and Masai too
    Casey is a great coach if your goal is to compete for a playoff spot. Im not sure if Detroit even has a goal

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Casey is overpaid .... should be sending 25% of his cheque every week to Nurse and Masai too
    Add Lowry to that list. Firing Casey at his COY peak is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Half the conference was tanking throughout Casey's tenure. Now, just the Atlantic Division is the toughest division in all of basketball.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse was rewarded handsomely for his work over the past two seasons.

The 53-year-old's new multi-year contract extension will pay him around $8 million annually, making Nurse one of the Association's highest-paid bench bosses, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2025983

Making more than Casey

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm honestly kind of surprised if he signs another multi year, although its looking I should be prepare to be suprised. What is so great about toronto raptors to make this guy so loyal? He pretty much has carte blanche in the industry these days.

Anyway, thank god he seems hell bent on championship #2 for the time being
    Believe it or not, it's rare for a President/GM to be given the freedom/carte blanche that we believe Masai has here. I think it's a two way street and he has it pretty good here.

Maybe he knows the next chip here is going to be even more challenging than the first and he can truly build that one himself.

Maybe he knows Giannis is coming....

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Masai said "we" together with "future", so I hope that means I can exhale sometime soon.
    Was he holding an old Shoppers Drug Mart bag at the time?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Dwane Casey be like: I also won coach of the year and also lost in the second round..... to Lebron. And I got fired?

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Great news for NN, well deserved. We'll see re: Masai - he always says the right things. Saw an article where he said almost word for word the things about life in the US (family, kids, feeling at home) that he said to Canadian media about life in Canada. He doesn't show his hand at all.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Masai said "we" together with "future", so I hope that means I can exhale sometime soon.
    I'm honestly kind of surprised if he signs another multi year, although its looking I should be prepare to be suprised. What is so great about toronto raptors to make this guy so loyal? He pretty much has carte blanche in the industry these days.

Anyway, thank god he seems hell bent on championship #2 for the time being

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Details will come out once the ink dries but Nick does say "many more years"

TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors have signed head coach Nick Nurse to a multi-year contract extension.

Nurse was named NBA coach of the year this past season — his second year as head coach of the club.

The Raptors went 53-19 during the regular season, posting the second-best record in the league despite losing superstar Kawhi Leonard to the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency after Toronto's run to the title last year.

“Our confidence in Nick just continues to grow, and part of that comes from what we’ve experienced together. The past two seasons have been unlike any other in our team’s history – first, winning our championship, and then navigating a global pandemic and committing long-term to the fight against racism and for social justice,” Raptors president Masai Ujiri said. “Nick has proved that he can coach on the court and lead in life, and we’relooking forward to accomplishing great things in the future.”

Toronto reached the Eastern Conference semifinals for the fifth year in a row before losing to the Boston Celtics in Game 7 last week.

Nurse, previously an assistant coach with the Raptors for five seasons, is 111-43 in two seasons as head coach.

“My family and I will always be appreciative of Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE ownership for this opportunity. I’m grateful to Masai, Bobby, and the players for their trust and their hard work,” Nurse said. “Toronto has been my home for the past seven years, and I look forward to it being home for many more. I’ve watched this franchise grow and reach the pinnacle, and I look forward to the challenge of helping us win another championship.”

More details to follow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X