Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Summer League 2018

Schedule:

Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jun 12, 2018, 04:12 PM.

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Schedule:

No draft picks, few roster spots..summer league gonna be boring. Maybe OG plays again
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No draft picks. No Bruno. All our kids are NBA ready.

No excitement at all for summer league this year. Actually the entire season is going to be anti climactic. Just bring on the playoffs already!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        No draft picks, few roster spots..summer league gonna be boring. Maybe OG plays again
        OG should play to get offensive reps in. Lots of room to grow on that end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

is it better to send OG or is it better to have do reps without this?

Comment

Also do you send siakam and poetl again or nah? Possibly Norm lol

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              OG should play to get offensive reps in. Lots of room to grow on that end.

I guess maybe he goes and plays in a game or two, not sure why he would risk injury though. Its not like he won't get minutes in the regular season.

I imagine that most to all of the young guys will be in Vegas practicing anyways. Nurse was working with them all there last summer, and seems like it paid dividends so may as well run it back.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Nah to all 3. If you're going in year 3 you're a project like Bruno. Those guys should be learning to be veterans and leaders at this point

I'd send OG and give him experience as a top option scorer..esp since he missed last year
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Nah to all 3. If you're going in year 3 you're a project like Bruno. Those guys should be learning to be veterans and leaders at this point

I'd send OG and give him experience as a top option scorer..esp since he missed last year
                  i am actually excited to see OG in summer league. I feel like they will show his offense off and we will get a better sense of where he is. Not that he is some mystery but yeah.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    I guess maybe he goes and plays in a game or two, not sure why he would risk injury though. Its not like he won't get minutes in the regular season.

I imagine that most to all of the young guys will be in Vegas practicing anyways. Nurse was working with them all there last summer, and seems like it paid dividends so may as well run it back.
                    Is he at a higher injury risk in summer league than getting reps in elsewhere? He'll be playing somewhere, and it would be the most organized and competitive ball he plays all summer.

You send him because he will get extra offensive responsibility in summer league that he won't in the regular season. Let him try being a primary option and see how he does. He is still quite raw offensively, so anything that could help accelerate his development is a good idea.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Is he at a higher injury risk in summer league than getting reps in elsewhere? He'll be playing somewhere, and it would be the most organized and competitive ball he plays all summer.

You send him because he will get extra offensive responsibility in summer league that he won't in the regular season. Let him try being a primary option and see how he does. He is still quite raw offensively, so anything that could help accelerate his development is a good idea.

I mean I think there is a decent risk of injury because its the first basketball many of the newly drafted or established guys have played since last season and everyone goes 100%. It messed Delon up his first two seasons in the league for sure. a couple extra games isn't worth a rolled ankle or tweeked knee.

I don't think it matters if OG gets reps as a primary option to be honest. Its like 5 games against pretty weak competition, I doubt it translates much. The greatest benefit to me is practicing with the rest of the rookie contract core guys.

EDIT: having said that, I don't feel strongly about any of the guys under contract not playing either.

Comment

I mean I think there is a decent risk of injury because its the first basketball many of the newly drafted or established guys have played since last season and everyone goes 100%. It messed Delon up his first two seasons in the league for sure. a couple extra games isn't worth a rolled ankle or tweeked knee.

I don't think it matters if OG gets reps as a primary option to be honest. Its like 5 games against pretty weak competition, I doubt it translates much. The greatest benefit to me is practicing with the rest of the rookie contract core guys.

EDIT: having said that, I don't feel strongly about any of the guys under contract not playing either.
                        it will be against the top rookie talents...

Comment

Not to make every thread about Nick, but it's pretty indisputable that that second unit looked way sharper and more cohesive than the starters most of time in the regular season last year. Forgot about how much of the young guys' off-season growth was attributable to him. Hopefully the dividends from working straight up with Nick get spread out nice and evenly this year. Wonder if he'll still get involved with guys in the summer in the same way or whether he'll be too busy designing/polishing his system.

Comment

Delon has been fairly injury prone in his career, and really it's always hard to compare injury luck. Some guys are more prone than others, and OG's too young to tell. He tore his ACL in college and has been pretty healthy since, even coming back from that injury way sooner than he should have. Chances are he'll be playing pick up games and stuff like that anyway, so I'd rather have him play better competition with more coaching and trainers/medical staff attending to players daily.

It's not because he's the primary option that it's important, it's just because that way he'll get a lot more game reps and it will be in a more competitive environment than you'll get elsewhere in the summer. It's not about translating, it's about having any kind of game-based measuring stick so you can gauge your progress on things that you've been working on in mostly very static, drill-oriented exercises and very non-competitive pick up games. That way he and the team can make a road map for the rest of the summer that they think will help maximize his growth.

And yeah, for anyone else it's a waste of time. Our other young pieces don't need the summer league reps. They've all proven to be beyond that. However, we'll see if Masai makes any moves to get a pick at the draft.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              No to Poeltl, because he is with the Austrian National Team for three weeks. Summer League does nothing for him at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X