Everything 2018 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2018 NBA draft

It feels like we have been wandering in a valley of nothing to talk about (save a blip of a coach hiring) since the end of the playoffs. The fact that there isn't a draft thread shows that even more. In truth, that may be more a result of us not actually having a pick. But, courtesy of Marc Stein, let the rumours begin. Besides, who do you have in picks 45-60 that may not get drafted and wind up as the one to bet on himself?

100%
    0.00%
    80%
    9.09%
    60%
    9.09%
    40%
    27.27%
    20%
    27.27%
    0%
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

You could do worse with 5 minutes than listen to Zach Lowe get exasperated at the fact that Doncic might drop to 5. Starts at 13 minutes in: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23835273
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

HYPOTHETICALLY: If the Raptors trade for the #4 pick - who would you prefer the Raptors would take?

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        HYPOTHETICALLY: If the Raptors trade for the #4 pick - who would you prefer the Raptors would take?
        Doncic if he's there. JJJ if not.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Honestly if either one is not there, I might consider trading down. Then again, this isn't the NHL...

EDIT: Assuming we get the 4th in the first place.
          Last edited by Mindlessness; Mon Jun 18, 2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            Honestly if either one is not there, I might consider trading down. Then again, this isn't the NHL...

EDIT: Assuming we get the 4th in the first place.
            i'd love doncic

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              It feels like we have been wandering in a valley of nothing to talk about (save a blip of a coach hiring) since the end of the playoffs. The fact that there isn't a draft thread shows that even more. In truth, that may be more a result of us not actually having a pick. But, courtesy of Marc Stein, let the rumours begin. Besides, who do you have in picks 45-60 that may not get drafted and wind up as the one to bet on himself?

I saw that this morning can we fire everyone on the scouting team. Also van fleet top priority wtf we going from bad to bad god damn I am starting not to like this organization wtf

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Dan and I are on the exact same page here. One of them will be there, and both are special talents.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Dan and I are on the exact same page here. One of them will be there, and both are special talents.
                  If they are "special" talents, then why would Memphis trade that pick?

A lot of you are going to be disappointed. You hear this every year, how the Raptors are going to move up in the draft or acquire another 1st or whatever. Nothing ever happens.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

What about Jacob the Knicks pick

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      If they are "special" talents, then why would Memphis trade that pick?

A lot of you are going to be disappointed. You hear this every year, how the Raptors are going to move up in the draft or acquire another 1st or whatever. Nothing ever happens.
                      This year feels like there is going to be an abnormally high number of trades related to the draft. I agree we should temper our expectations but the uncertainty of this draft has a lot of teams exploring moving picks. If we really want a lotto pick I'm sure we have assets to make that happen.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        This year feels like there is going to be an abnormally high number of trades related to the draft. I agree we should temper our expectations but the uncertainty of this draft has a lot of teams exploring moving picks. If we really want a lotto pick I'm sure we have assets to make that happen.
                        We have the assets, but does Masai have the balls to actually pull the trigger? i'm losing my patience with that guy. All he does is play it safe. Fuck, the Nick Nurse hire was a safe move as well.

DeRozan, Lowry, JV and Gay were the core of the Raptors when he took over from Colangelo. He traded Gay and the Raptors accidentally became a perennial top 4 team in the East.

It's been YEARS and Lowry, JV and DeRozan are STILL the core players of this team. Masai hasn't added a SINGLE impact player in his 5-6 whatever years here. Not a single one. Ibaka is no impact player, Poeltl is no impact player.

Let's be honest, JV, DD and KL are ALL Colangelo's guys. You can make excuses all you want but at the end of the day Colangelo brought them all here.

It's crazy how the Toronto media continues to treat like Masai is some genius.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

We have the assets, but does Masai have the balls to actually pull the trigger? i'm losing my patience with that guy.

DeRozan, Lowry, JV and Gay were the core of the Raptors when he took over from Colangelo. He traded Gay and the Raptors accidentally became a perennial top 4 team in the East.

It's been YEARS and Lowry, JV and DeRozan are STILL the core players of this team. Masai hasn't added a SINGLE impact player in his 5-6 whatever years here. Not a single one. Ibaka is no impact player, Poeltl is no impact player.

Let's be honest, JV, DD and KL are ALL Colangelo's guys. You can make excuses all you want but at the end of the day Colangelo brought them all here.

So who acquired these assets? Was that Colangelo too? A swept 59 win team with the most identifiable problem being lack of star power and you're using said players to show Masai's ineffectiveness? How does that make any sense?

Comment

Comment

We have the assets, but does Masai have the balls to actually pull the trigger? i'm losing my patience with that guy. All he does is play it safe. Fuck, the Nick Nurse hire was a safe move as well.

Trades involve more than one person. I’m sure Masai has offered/agreed to many trades that other GMs turned down. Just because you have assets doesn’t mean you “pull the trigger” and throw them away in a terrible trade.

59 wins, 5 straight Playoffs, BC had shit to down with that. Sure JV, DD and Lowry were brought in by BC, but basketball is more than 3 people. Everyone else was drafted/signed by Masai and a lot of them contributed well considering the draft picks Masai had.

Raptors started winning in 2013 and Masai rolled with it, whether he chose to or MLSE told him to to increase sales, who knows, but the next couple of seasons will be the years Masai can build the team that he wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X