Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Meh. The deals haven't been that bad.

DeMar and Lowry were always going to get paid. No issues there.

Carroll the issue was being willing to pursue him at that price. A lot of us thought he would go for like $7-10 million... however we did have to outbid others and the price became too high for Carroll.

Ibaka's getting way overpaid, but the length of it makes it somewhat ok. Don't know what the market was for him, though. Not sure if we had to outbid anyone.

Powell's deal always had me a bit worried. Even if he progressed instead of regressing last year...how much opportunity could there be for him to earn that contract with our cluttered backcourt? And 4 years of it...kind of rough.

Ross' was a bit of an overpayment, but he was a young and athletic shooter. He would always have some value, and it worked out since we were able to trade him for Ibaka.

JV's extension has turned out to be great value. Fred's will probably work out pretty well too.

That Powell deal though...damn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'm not saying they're horrendous, its just the only facet he hasn't been A+. His trading is god like, his drafting is very very good. His handing out of contracts is just OK
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I'm not saying they're horrendous, its just the only facet he hasn't been A+. His trading is god like, his drafting is very very good. His handing out of contracts is just OK
      That's fair. It's also probably the one area where it's hard for any GM to be A+. Too much out of your control with the free agent market.

Comment

• also breaking news from Nurse on the Fan tonight...Kawhi likes ice cream (and goes outside!). Nurse said he bumped into Kawhi in an ice cream shop in Vancouver and they just sat and talked for 20 minutes (this was in response to the usual "what's Kawhi like?" questions)

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          also breaking news from Nurse on the Fan tonight...Kawhi likes ice cream (and goes outside!). Nurse said he bumped into Kawhi in an ice cream shop in Vancouver and they just sat and talked for 20 minutes (this was in response to the usual "what's Kawhi like?" questions)
          Can only imagine which of the 31 flavours Kawhi likes?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Meh. The deals haven't been that bad.

DeMar and Lowry were always going to get paid. No issues there.

Carroll the issue was being willing to pursue him at that price. A lot of us thought he would go for like $7-10 million... however we did have to outbid others and the price became too high for Carroll.

Ibaka's getting way overpaid, but the length of it makes it somewhat ok. Don't know what the market was for him, though. Not sure if we had to outbid anyone.

Powell's deal always had me a bit worried. Even if he progressed instead of regressing last year...how much opportunity could there be for him to earn that contract with our cluttered backcourt? And 4 years of it...kind of rough.

Ross' was a bit of an overpayment, but he was a young and athletic shooter. He would always have some value, and it worked out since we were able to trade him for Ibaka.

JV's extension has turned out to be great value. Fred's will probably work out pretty well too.

That Powell deal though...damn.

some of those are Colangelo contracts too.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              some of those are Colangelo contracts too.
              Don’t think there is a single colangelo contract on the roster...
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                Clawberry (strawberry) of course

Comment

also breaking news from Nurse on the Fan tonight...Kawhi likes ice cream (and goes outside!). Nurse said he bumped into Kawhi in an ice cream shop in Vancouver and they just sat and talked for 20 minutes (this was in response to the usual "what's Kawhi like?" questions)
                  Hahaha... bumped? Masai has probably deputized Nicky to make sure Kawhi does not stub his toe.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Pascal's a complete surprise. A tad concerned that he couldn't develop his 3pt shot further.. although it was only 1 game. Perhaps he'll never figure that out. Might just have to deal with it. Not everyone can shoot in the NBA. But he has a lot of skills that we should be happy about. His 13 boards the other night was a great achievement.
                    my first impression of pascal was how he ran the floor now he brings the ball up with speed and sets up plays such as 3 pters for teammates/ if he shot 30 per cent on threes this year that would be a bonus oh by the way kawhi outplayed demar

Comment

Pascal's a complete surprise. A tad concerned that he couldn't develop his 3pt shot further.. although it was only 1 game. Perhaps he'll never figure that out. Might just have to deal with it. Not everyone can shoot in the NBA. But he has a lot of skills that we should be happy about. His 13 boards the other night was a great achievement.
                      Early returns aren't great, but I wouldn't be surprised if players shoot better as the season progresses a bit. I remember listening to I believe JJ Reddick or maybe Steve Nash (maybe both) talk about training to be a shooter and the focus and determination seemed somewhat overwhelming like they were next level obsessive, I couldn't see most players training like that in the off season. I wouldn't be surprised if he has worked on mechanics and improving his shot, but it he hasn't adjusted to game speed. A lot to be excited about either way, but man if he could start knocking down just corner jumpers, that opens up a lot for him.

Comment

• An unexpected treat from Zach Lowe’s league pass rankings (in a review of last placed Sacramento no less)

Comment

An unexpected treat from Zach Lowe’s league pass rankings (in a review of last placed Sacramento no less.
                          Lmao! "Not again!!!"

Comment

Vanilla
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Who cares. Cover all angles. Add a DQ next to Raps change room.

Comment

I suspect it will be Danny Green's turn to be this year's Raptors punching bag. Just waiting for game 3 or 4 of the regular season before the pitch forks come out.
                                As long as team is winning .. I don't think their should be any pitch forks ... He was brought in to help with Kawhi Leonard transition and help young core with some vetern experience .

Comment

Working...
                                X