Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Griffin above Leonard? haha proof the model is severely flawed
    Leonard still being punished in some list for missing a handful of games I think...
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The end of last night's Lakers win reminded me of how ridiculously good Lebron is. Other guys, even stars; you hope the late 3 pointer might go in. With Lebron you know it's going in. Not once, not twice but three times. I find his personality somewhat obnoxious although that is somewhat a product of media fawning. I wouldn't call myself a fan of his at all. But I don't think there is a question anymore that he is the best player ever. The MVP will be his this year if the Lakers make the playoffs which they will. Kawhi is phenomenal.....could possibly be the second best player when you factor in his defensive ability and his positive effect on the rest of the team. But Lebron is probably the greatest team sport athlete of the last 100 years.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Imo lebron should have the last 10 mvps
        Despite my last over the top comment though I might disagree with Keon (first time ever). Lebron has certainly been the playoff MVP for the last ten years. But during regular season he takes a lot of games or long stretches of games off; choosing to play hard when he thinks his team needs to win. At times I think he even didn't play well to make a point, get a coach fired, trigger a trade etc. As the MVP is a regular season award the Nash MVPs and others were legitimate because those guys played hard every game and in many cases carried their teammates to a higher level. The same in other sports. Guys like Orr and Gretzky could have won it every year too....perhaps even more so than LBJ as they never coasted.

Comment

Imo lebron should have the last 10 mvps
          Problem is Lebron doesn't try every game. Which is asinine to say when you look at every boxscore, but is true. Its nuts that the guy can get 20-5-5 by just showing up.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            MVP is a narrative led award. Who creates the best story for that season. Westbrook averaged a triple double for the first time since Oscar and won MVP, didn’t win the next season even though he averaged a triple double again.
            This is really it.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is the kind of mind-warping stupidity that only Colin Cowherd could come up with.

Comment

• Beneperez wrote: View Post

This is the kind of mind-warping stupidity that only Colin Cowherd could come up with.
                Can we keep him then?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Skip Bayless also stirring up sh*t - what else is new. Trying to drop a subtle hint that the Raps are low-key trying to prove that they don't need Kawhi by playing harder/better when he's not there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Skip Bayless also stirring up sh*t - what else is new. Trying to drop a subtle hint that the Raps are low-key trying to prove that they don't need Kawhi by playing harder/better when he's not there.

Anybody who thinks a pro team is gonna go out and think to themselves "ok, today we're gonna give 75% effort so our star player looks bad" should be checked into a mental institution. And they've also never played sports in their life if they think an NBA player can consciously go half speed and get away with it.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Anybody who thinks a pro team is gonna go out and think to themselves "ok, today we're gonna give 75% effort so our star player looks bad" should be checked into a mental institution. And they've also never played sports in their life if they think an NBA player can consciously go half speed and get away with it.

But to your point: Skip Bayless has a 7th degree black belt in the trolling arts.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Ridiculous narrative for December....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Ridiculous narrative for December....
                            Clickbait, nothing new, nothing good to talk about.

Comment

• The NBA more than any other major sports league focuses more attention on the potential future value of events. The NFL , NHL and MLB have the bulk of their storylines written or spoken of in terms of the here and now of the season and the playoffs. The NBA is contrarian. It’s storylines and narratives focus in on who is playing where next year..which 18 year old is the next star that will lift a team to greatness.

I think the league does this because of an inherent competitive imbalance where at any given time 30% or more of their teams are hopeless. If the rubes won’t by right now..sell them futures.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 16, 2018, 01:52 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                I think the league does this because of an inherent competitive imbalance where at any given time 30% or more of their teams are hopeless. If the rubes won’t by right now..sell them futures.
                                I think it's also partially the nature of the sport. It highly lends itself to thought experiments of what different combinations of players would be like together. In a lot of sports, there's a 'whole is the sum of the parts' element that makes such speculation really dull: center-fielder A is obviously an upgrade over center-fielder B, so the team is going to be better with A than B. In basketball, every potential move has a lot of things that could go right and a lot that could go wrong. Everything that has happened in Philly since the Butler trade - more wins, a grumpy Embiid - were predicted. Other predictions - like their 3pt % dropping - failed.
                                IMO it's one of the things that makes the nba great; hell, it's probably my favorite thing about it. But it also leads to that anticipation, what-if mindset amongst writers and pundits.

Comment

Working...
                                X