Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Noone really tries him is the problem.
    Yeah, Kawhi is like the equivalent of a great rim protector in that opposing players eventually don't even think about driving on him. But I have noticed that guys will try to shoot over him.

    Comment


    • Abbas wrote: View Post
      Guys, how's Kawhi's defense this year? I know its really good via eye test but I don't see him in the DPOY conversation this season.

      so I'm just wondering, is he playing as good as previous year on the defensive end of the floor?
      His role with the Raptors as the primary scorer will probably not allow him to focus on defense as much as he was able to with the Spurs. He's still really good though on that end of the floor. Likely not DPOY good to answer your question.

      Comment


      • Abbas wrote: View Post
        Guys, how's Kawhi's defense this year? I know its really good via eye test but I don't see him in the DPOY conversation this season.

        so I'm just wondering, is he playing as good as previous year on the defensive end of the floor?
        Defensive player of the year tonight. Wow, that was cool to watch.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
          His role with the Raptors as the primary scorer will probably not allow him to focus on defense as much as he was able to with the Spurs. He's still really good though on that end of the floor. Likely not DPOY good to answer your question.
          Keon pointed out Kawhi had a huge defensive game throughout tonight, and that’s true, but those last two possessions are where we see that when it matters ... Kawhi can SHUT. THE FUCKING. DOOR.

          Wow.

          Comment


          • Call me crazy but I think Kawhi Leonard probably should be already deserving to be on the list of the top 50 NBA players of all time. Yes the sample size is small but really there arent many guys that were as talented as he is and he would have done well in any era.

            Comment


            • Kawhi, like many superstars, has seen his overall defensive impact drop as he's taken on a high offensive load, as you can't go all out on both ends for heavy minutes. But unlike many superstars, he's seen it drop to roughly average rather than way below average, and also unlike many superstars, he is still capable of making an insane difference on that end when he needs to - for short spurts shifting the momentum mid-game, or as we are seeing in some close games, making the opposing team's life miserable for the last two minutes of the game.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I do get the feeling he has another defensive gear that hasnt shown itself..yet
                Good call. It definitely showed up at the end of last night’s game!

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  Kawhi, like many superstars, has seen his overall defensive impact drop as he's taken on a high offensive load, as you can't go all out on both ends for heavy minutes. But unlike many superstars, he's seen it drop to roughly average rather than way below average, and also unlike many superstars, he is still capable of making an insane difference on that end when he needs to - for short spurts shifting the momentum mid-game, or as we are seeing in some close games, making the opposing team's life miserable for the last two minutes of the game.
                  Or maybe the reason we don't see him playing defense that hard all game is that he's saving himself for the Clippers next season?


                  Last edited by Puffer; Wed Jan 9th, 2019, 05:43 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Or maybe we don't see him playing defense that hard all game is that he's saving himself for the Clippers next season?


                    Three winky faces are insufficient. Pink font please.

                    Comment


                    • In the interview where serge says none of us are safe if kawhi leaves. I think this says something about how serge and ill bet the entire team want to stay here. DD wasnt the only one who wanted to stay. Ed Davis was upset and I believe Ross was too. Even LouWill wanted to stay. All for many reasons Im sure. Also what MU does in picking guys who are serious AND have quality character can go a long way. This on top of good people in the organization and as far as I know they are super cool too. Its hard to leave good people at a workplace.

                      Kawhi should just move his gf and kid up here. Kids love the snow 😜. Ill bet he sees how Lowry and others kids enjoy their time here and does just that. Hope so at least. Casey said it couldnt be a better place to raise his young children.

                      And ya of course theres winning. Go raps!

                      Comment


                      • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        In the interview where serge says none of us are safe if kawhi leaves. I think this says something about how serge and ill bet the entire team want to stay here. DD wasnt the only one who wanted to stay. Ed Davis was upset and I believe Ross was too. Even LouWill wanted to stay. All for many reasons Im sure. Also what MU does in picking guys who are serious AND have quality character can go a long way. This on top of good people in the organization and as far as I know they are super cool too. Its hard to leave good people at a workplace.

                        Kawhi should just move his gf and kid up here. Kids love the snow ��. Ill bet he sees how Lowry and others kids enjoy their time here and does just that. Hope so at least. Casey said it couldnt be a better place to raise his young children.

                        And ya of course theres winning. Go raps!
                        Honestly for all my griping about weather, there is nowhere I'd rather raise kids than Canada. At Kawhi's level he can afford the best private schools but just in general our society is safer than the USA.

                        Comment


                        • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Honestly for all my griping about weather, there is nowhere I'd rather raise kids than Canada. At Kawhi's level he can afford the best private schools but just in general our society is safer than the USA.
                          The metric system & parking spots for moms are also pretty big factors. But we've got the no-ESPN on cable TV thing figured out though, right?

                          Comment


                          • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Honestly for all my griping about weather, there is nowhere I'd rather raise kids than Canada. At Kawhi's level he can afford the best private schools but just in general our society is safer than the USA.
                            Not to mention the treatment of people of colour compared to the states. I would much rather bring up my children knowing that each and every person is equal and should be treated as such. I know we are not perfect but much better than the states.

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post
                              The metric system & parking spots for moms are also pretty big factors. But we've got the no-ESPN on cable TV thing figured out though, right?
                              Toronto also "smells different" so it is important we provide free agents with complimentary nose plugs. Or Axe body spray so that they can kill everything in a 10 metre radius

                              Comment


                              • Interesting things to note on Kawhi's sister's IG. She has interesting Kawhi related things and likes comments that are in relation to fans asking Kawhi to stay


                                https://www.instagram.com/mztwotwo/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X