Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Love and Hate are proportional to each. Vince was booed as much as he was because he was loved as much as he was.
    I want to argue with that....but I can't

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Difference between peak Vince and Kawhi is that peak Vince happened at a time when the Raptors were becoming such an after thought that there was a chance that the team may have folded (it wouldn't have but that whisper was out there). Vince gave Raptors fans something to believe in.. like we belonged in the NBA. He ripped that away from us as well though.

Kawhi came at a time when the Raptors had already built some stability thanks to Tim and Masai. That stabilization gave us respect. We weren't elite but good enough. Like the Utah Jazz or the Portland Trailblazers of late. Kawhi put the team over the top. He got us to the promised land. There is no question that Kawhi is a better player.. but Vince did something that this franchise needed desperately at that time. We didn't need Kawhi (but are so thankful we have him). We definitely needed Vince (and it hurt so much more when he left, especially with the way he did).

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Good answer. And I tend to agree, as an outsider. Kawhi may be more appreciated as a dominant winning basketball player...but Vince was a friggin pop culture phenomena in the year 2000, along with Limp Bizkit, Nelly, and every household watching Survivor.

It was a different time.

Another interesting thing about is the effect on todays youth that don't remeber that first surge in popularity. The "Carter effect" is well documented, all the Canadian kids that went pro specifically from southern Ontario, some 10, 15 years after the fact. I wonder if we'll see a similar floodgate 10- 15 years after this era Raps era.
    Speaking of 2000....

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

You're kidding right? Peak VC hard to say really but how many times has Kawhi been or will be, booed in Toronto lol
    Love and Hate are proportional to each. Vince was booed as much as he was because he was loved as much as he was.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Question for the older fans: has Kawhi's approval rating in the GTA reached peak Vince Carter or not close yet
    You're kidding right? Peak VC hard to say really but how many times has Kawhi been or will be, booed in Toronto lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X