No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the weather really that big of a deal for a Kawhi? or he's just bullshitting?

Before the trade hsppened, there were reports that Philly and NY were two of his preferences outside of LA. I'm no rocket science(actually i am) but NY and Philly are just as cold as TO.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Is the weather really that big of a deal for a Kawhi? or he's just bullshitting?

Before the trade hsppened, there were reports that Philly and NY were two of his preferences outside of LA. I'm no rocket science(actually i am) but NY and Philly are just as cold as TO.
      Unfortunately when the All Star game was held in Toronto, it was the coldest week that has been in like 5 years and Kawhi didnt leave his room for obvious reasons beside going to the All Star game festivities.

Comment

I'm no rocket science(actually i am) but NY and Philly are just as cold as TO.
        How does one be a rocket science?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Unfortunately when the All Star game was held in Toronto, it was the coldest week that has been in like 5 years and Kawhi didnt leave his room for obvious reasons beside going to the All Star game festivities.
          Fortunately he is going to be in Toronto and see the seasons for himself. Unless we get a repeat of last winter, he should see it is no big deal.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Hes a freakish athlete, quiet, weird, prefers family and close friends and would rather just fish in a warm climate

Basically Kawhi is Forrest gump

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              forrest would have won a championship so ill take it

Comment

Is the weather really that big of a deal for a Kawhi? or he's just bullshitting?

Unless it comes directly from Kawhi, I wouldn't believe any reports. These are the same people saying he wants nothing to do with Toronto

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                  I hope Kawhi re-signs but lots of hurdles:

Cold (Kawhi didnt like it)
                  (Other than Penguins and Polar Bears not many people list cold weather as a favourite. Its cold in New York, Boston, Chicago and Philly in the winter too.)

Expensive city to live
                  (Have you ever been to New York? Its 4K a month for 400 sq foot apartment and 10 bucks for a cup of coffee.

Taxes (Kawhi will be shocked by how much he pays on his paystub compared to no state income tax of Texas)
                  (Yep... but state taxes in New York and California are higher than Ontario's provinical tax. Thats why you have an accountant and at 20M he can likely afford a very good one to cushion the blow of shared fed tax between Can and USA)

Media center of Canada (he shys away from them, so the media will have to be careful not to be on his ass all the time)
                  (Unlike the media in LA or NY who are totally unobtrusive and polite and let you enjoy your privacy.)

Raps own his bird rights so they can pay him more to compensate for things like taxes and how expensive the city is
                  (Yes well he turned down 219M in San Antonio.. he could turn down any offer put in front of him. It seems it comes down to if he grunts once for yes or twice for no)

The main thing will be how competitive the Raps are -- if they are Eastern conference finals or NBA championship this year then we have a bigger shot... anything less and we see Kawhi in a Lakers uniform next year...
                  (The Raps are going to be very competitive this year. That might help his decision to stay longer than a year..it seems money is not the primary factor his decisions are based on if walking away from a supermax in SA is an indicator.... but no one ... absolutely no one....knows what the guy is thinking. No one. Anything you read is just a supposition by a media guy who has to have content on file to meet a deadline.)
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Aug 24, 2018, 02:43 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Federal taxes at the highest bracket in the US are also more than in Canada, believe it or not.

If a guy like Kawhi leaves 100 million on the table by going SA > TOR > LA, it's pretty easy to say saving a percentage on income tax was not at all a factor in his decision making.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'd rather not be obsessed with it all year and just enjoy this amazing upcoming season. Que sera sera...

But alas, fans gon fan
                      100% agreed. Am hoping for the best basketball in Raptors history this year, full stop.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

BTW.... Toronto actually IS colder than NY or Philly by about 5C, on average.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                          I hope Kawhi re-signs but lots of hurdles:

Cold (Kawhi didnt like it)
                          Expensive city to live
                          Taxes (Kawhi will be shocked by how much he pays on his paystub compared to no state income tax of Texas)
                          Media center of Canada (he shys away from them, so the media will have to be careful not to be on his ass all the time)

Raps own his bird rights so they can pay him more to compensate for things like taxes and how expensive the city is

The main thing will be how competitive the Raps are -- if they are Eastern conference finals or NBA championship this year then we have a bigger shot... anything less and we see Kawhi in a Lakers uniform next year...
                          Most of the Toronto media/beatwriters don't actually press the players/organization, or not that I can think of or remember off the top of my head. I might be offending some writers here, and I don't mean to, but the last I remember was one reporter constantly questioning Lowry after a game about "doing our jobs." She was then looked down upon by fellow beat-writers, so.... we'll see.
                          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Aug 24, 2018, 03:27 PM.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I just hope the beat-writers know better than to ask their usual hackneyed questions of someone like Kawhi.

Comment

Actually, that's just not true. It's something Toronto people say all the time.

Do they have winters? Sure. But on average New York daily high is about 5 degrees warmer than Toronto every month. Philly is closer to 7 degrees warmer on average. Which makes a BIG difference over the long haul.

Those 2 cities have average daily temp similar to Vancouver which you big up all the time. Toronto has a similar coldness to midwestern markets like Chicago and Detroit. But the east coast markets are certainly a noticeable notch warmer. Minnesota is even colder than Toronto cause prairies.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Actually, that's just not true. It's something Toronto people say all the time.

Do they have winters? Sure. But on average New York daily high is about 5 degrees warmer than Toronto every month. Philly is closer to 7 degrees warmer on average. Which makes a BIG difference over the long haul.

Those 2 cities have average daily temp similar to Vancouver which you big up all the time. Toronto has a similar coldness to midwestern markets like Chicago and Detroit. But the east coast markets are certainly a noticeable notch warmer. Minnesota is even colder than Toronto cause prairies.
                                Shhhhhhhhhh... Kawhi's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X