Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Thanks LJ. You summarized it pretty succinctly. I could have saved myself 2 pages of posts. lol. It has nothing to do with his personality and how he conducts interviews with reporters. He was sabotaging Casey, before Masai stepped in. He doesn't appear to have matured, and some people are okay with the "he is what he is". That might not be good enough to get us to the Finals. We can't be fighting ourselves.
    LOL, I was just being sarcastic Golden. While I do think Casey catered to Lowry and Demar gave Lowry a reason to embrace Toronto, I do not think Lowry's attitude will be an issue this coming season. I'm looking forward to Lowry possibly having one of his best seasons now that so much attention is going to be off him.

I do understand your concerns however. It was not so long ago that Lowry was labelled a coach killer...but maybe it was a long enough and he's changed enough to really mean it when he says he's looking forward to this season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      The toxic saboteur is at it again
      LOL.

To be honest, I don't understand the "Lowry is toxic" talk. He wasn't even toxic when Calderon started over him. It's human nature for him to be upset/pouting; to be acquired to be the team's starter, lose the spot to a veteran, only to get it back when there's no one better to play over him. Not to mention, Casey didn't have a good relationship with Kyle, and that's a two-way street. It's not just on Kyle.

Ever since Rudy was dealt, Lowry emerged as the team's best player, despite DeRozan being the one to earn the all-star nod.

Lowry had no issue with Gay being dealt, and he knew that, 1) it was a professional, business decision, and, 2) the Raptors were going nowhere with both Rudy and DeMar on the wing.

He just hates media. His best friend just got dealt, from his perspective, a guy who was incredibly loyal for someone who -- at the time -- made it known they'll leave.

It's like trading your long-time girlfriend for a one-night stand with the hottest girl on the planet.

... which I have no problem with. You do what you do to have those big time experiences. When the relationship long-time girlfriend becomes stagnant, same problems, no fixes, same issues, they say they'll get better, they do, but only for a short period of time, then, you do what you gotta do.

DeMar came in every summer saying, "I'm better," but when it mattered the most, he went back to being the same old, playoff failure. Unfortunately. And DeMar is my favourite Raptor of all-time.

*This is not a direct reply to Keon, lol, this is just from what I've been seeing.*
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I learned from Shaolin Fantastic. Keep grinding the opposition down until they're tired of arguing anymore. And then argue some more.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Toxic? Sabotage the team? Damn, wow.

Kyle Lowry has given us 6 straight seasons of the best point guard performance this franchise has ever had. He's been an All-Star the last 4 years. He's been the team leader and their best player for the most successful stretch in franchise history. He physically lays himself out night after night more than any other high minutes guy on the team - to the point that coaches had to start managing his minutes so he wasn't just a laundry list of nagging injuries by the end of 82 games. The guy is a winner. But you want to dismiss that whole resume, that you've seen with your own 2 eyes over a period of years, because of a) one unsubstantiated report about phone calls, and b) pure speculation that he's now going to be a locker room cancer because one of his teammates is gone. Is that all it takes to throw this guy under the bus? Or was it c) "gets chippy with the media" that did it for you? Damn.

LJ2 in response to that one, Rudy Gay is godfather to Kyle Lowry's kids and one of his reported best friends (https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball...-gay-1.1369292). Lowry had zero problem with the Raptors trading Gay. The man is a professional.

Apologies. My sarcasm wasn't sarcastic enough. Will stick to straight talk and keeping it real.
          Last edited by LJ2; Wed Sep 26, 2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I learned from Shaolin Fantastic. Keep grinding the opposition down until they're tired of arguing anymore. And then argue some more.
            lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              LOL, I was just being sarcastic Golden. While I do think Casey catered to Lowry and Demar gave Lowry a reason to embrace Toronto, I do not think Lowry's attitude will be an issue this coming season. I'm looking forward to Lowry possibly having one of his best seasons now that so much attention is going to be off him.

I do understand your concerns however. It was not so long ago that Lowry was labelled a coach killer...but maybe it was a long enough and he's changed enough to really mean it when he says he's looking forward to this season.
              LJ2 wrote: View Post
              [/B]

Apologies. My sarcasm wasn't sarcastic enough. Will stick to straight talk and keeping it real.
              Ha, I'll be honest - Golden is a reasonable guy, I don't understand taking pre-season speculation this far. Thought the virus was spreading.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                You talking to me or just in general? It's just content, so i posted it. It was also a funny laugh. ha....haha...ha.........ha.
                Just in general.

His laugh is different but who cares. The media are making fun of it like it's a big deal. And people on twitter are using it as a meme just for attention and RT's. Smfh.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Ha, I'll be honest - Golden is a reasonable guy, I don't understand taking pre-season speculation this far. Thought the virus was spreading.
                  Lowry's tribe be like.....

Never again.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                    You’re not angry enough. Golden would have given up a while ago if you had just included some F bombs in there.
                    Could you guys maybe chill on insulting me for no reason?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Could you guys maybe chill on insulting me for no reason?
                      On a scale of "light hearted teasing" to "insulting" I would have put my comment a lot closer to the left but whatevskis
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

On a scale of "light hearted teasing" to "insulting" I would have put my comment a lot closer to the left but whatevskis
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Everyone is rounding into mid season form on this Lowry thing.....

Solid examples of sarcasm.
                          Fantastic analogies to make ones point for the umpteenth time.
                          Aggressive but not over the line snark and smarm.
                          An ability to nitpick that would put a long time beauracrat to shame.

Damn we're good.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Everyone is rounding into mid season form on this Lowry thing.....

Solid examples of sarcasm.
                            Fantastic analogies to make ones point for the umpteenth time.
                            Aggressive but not over the line snark and smarm.
                            An ability to nitpick that would put a long time beauracrat to shame.

Damn we're good.
                            And the only casualty was shaolin fantastics feelings (and he wasnt even involved in this one)

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Just in general.

His laugh is different but who cares. The media are making fun of it like it's a big deal. And people on twitter are using it as a meme just for attention and RT's. Smfh.
                              Yeah....it’s crazy how this has blown up. I feel bad for the guy but hopefully he’s got the confidence to own it and not retreat. It’s funny how they are spinning it. Sure Hart was laughing at the laugh but he was primed and already laughing by Kawhi’s opening statement of being a fun guy. That was hilarious. I was at work and almost fell of my chair

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Yeah....it’s crazy how this has blown up. I feel bad for the guy but hopefully he’s got the confidence to own it and not retreat. It’s funny how they are spinning it. Sure Hart was laughing at the laugh but he was primed and already laughing by Kawhi’s opening statement of being a fun guy. That was hilarious. I was at work and almost fell of my chair
                                I think he's probably barely aware of it. And if he is he doesn't care, the social media wringer has put him through a lot more the last year

Comment

Working...
                                X