Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Cris Carter said this.... 1 day before the Kawhi trade:

In defense of Cris Carter, he also did not predict that Kawhi would eat beef penis on MaFuzzy's cooking show..... and then tell Serge that he had a great time.
    The funniest part about after the trade was Cris appeared irritated that the Raptors traded for him. Probably because he was outed as full of shit. He then said Kawhi wouldn't report because his camp told him. Kawhi then reported. He then said Kawhi wouldn't re-sign because his camp told him. If Kawhi does re-sign then he'll have no choice but to conclude Kawhi is a totally overrated player in every opportunity.

Comment

• First Take talking about why Kawhi would sign with the Clippers and not with the Lakers.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        First Take talking about why Kawhi would sign with the Clippers and not with the Lakers.
        They gon be upset when they see the last take.

Aka... He stay.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          First Take talking about why Kawhi would sign with the Clippers and not with the Lakers.
          It's pretty hilarious, because Windhorst never said he thinks Kawhi wants to play on the west coast. What Windhorst said was: "A lot of people in the NBA think Kawhi wants to play on the west coast." That's nothing new.

https://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/windhor...-coast~1663445

Now First Take is running with Windhorst's "quote", which is actually a mis-quote. lol. This feels a lot like when the Kawhi trade itself was going down. Like Bill Simmons figured out, Raptors news generates a ton of on-line clicks. Now you add LA into the mix + a dash of Lebron and you've got a healthy set of eyeballs.

Last edited by golden; Thu Apr 18, 2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Now you add LA into the mix + a dash of Lebron and you've got healthy set eyeballs.
            Black Mamba lowkey recruiter...

Comment

• Something that I've been thinking about watching Western Conference playoffs...
              Suppose load management is one of Kawhi's priorities for future years as well. He wants a team that can rest him 20 games a season and still be set up for a strong playoff run. Raptors can give him as many load management games as he wants. Can any WC team (particularly the Lakers or Clippers) promise him that they can rest him when he wants, weather other injuries to key players, and still coast to a good playoff seed? While the top level competition is similar in the conferences, threshold to make the playoffs is much tougher in the West.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                Something that I've been thinking about watching Western Conference playoffs...
                Suppose load management is one of Kawhi's priorities for future years as well. He wants a team that can rest him 20 games a season and still be set up for a strong playoff run. Raptors can give him as many load management games as he wants. Can any WC team (particularly the Lakers or Clippers) promise him that they can rest him when he wants, weather other injuries to key players, and still coast to a good playoff seed? While the top level competition is similar in the conferences, threshold to make the playoffs is much tougher in the West.
                But for how long can we rest him 20 games a season and still coast to a good playoff seed? Kyle and Marc are getting old. Norm and Fred haven't exactly set the world on fire this year. OG had a rough year. Pascal is the only unconditional stud.

I don't think it's necessarily an outright advantage. But I think we did earn points with him this year by showing that we are flexible and accommodating to his needs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

But for how long can we rest him 20 games a season and still coast to a good playoff seed? Kyle and Marc are getting old. Norm and Fred haven't exactly set the world on fire this year. OG had a rough year. Pascal is the only unconditional stud.

I don't think it's necessarily an outright advantage. But I think we did earn points with him this year by showing that we are flexible and accommodating to his needs.
                  Right but once they get old Giannis comes and saves the day. No big deal.

Comment

I think he'll stay, but if he ends up going, it'll be hard to fault the team for it. They seem to be doing everything right to create the best possible situation for him.

Comment

Unless Kawhi has a medical reason, I don't think the league will allow him to sit out 20 games a year. They DO NOT like when teams rest stars. They threatened Pelicans with fines if they didn't play AD. If Kawhi sits out games and plays amazing in the playoffs, the pressure will be on other organizations to do the same thing. We already have players talking about how the regular season doesn't matter. The league doesn't want them to make a mockery of it.

Comment

• NBA.com highlights of Kawhi this season.

Comment

• Kawhi’s playoff gear got stuck in customs, I guess. Hopefully it will be returned by Sunday
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• He left his powers in Canada. Further proof that he is staying.

Comment

• I think Nurse said he was under the weather for the past few days. Doesn't excuse his poor decision making this game though, but then again anyone would be frustrated after getting hacked so many times with no calls.

Comment

• Through 3 games Orlando has 67 free throw attempts, vs 41 for the Raptors. Orlando was 30th in the league in fta in the regular season. Toronto has more paint points and is one of the top teams in drives in the playoffs. In the first 2 games Kawhi has gotten 1 foul called on 41 drives. For comparison, DJ Augustine had more fouls called on drives than the ENTIRE Raptors squad. 5 vs 8 is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X