Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

There's a lot of paralells however. Gasol, Lowry are at similar points as Duncan and Parker..both teams had danny green...Pascal is maybe closer to that version of kawhi, and that team never had this version of kawhi.

they also beat the favorite, lebron, wade, bosh and allen, going for a 3 peat

what the finals mvp proved was that he had the mental makeup. His game has only improved, and I'm pretty sure he's showing he didn't lose the mental makeup.

Doubting whether Kawhi could be best player on a champion is kind of silly at this point. Whether he WILL be? Who knows..unlikely, this year. But he's already proven he COULD be.
    i agree with all of this and yes it is totally stupid to debate whether kawhi could be the best player on a championship (which is not what i thought was being debated). if he's not the best player in the word right now he's in the top three.

all i and LJ2 were contending was
    Kawhi has also proven that he can lead a team to championship as "the man"
    which i mean, sure, he was "the man" every bit as much as chauncey was in 04 and a little bit more than iguodala was in 15 (lol).

he absolutely could be "the man" on a champion though. there just really no "man" on that spurs team, just a balanced team of men

Comment

There's a lot of paralells however. Gasol, Lowry are at similar points as Duncan and Parker..both teams had danny green...Pascal is maybe closer to that version of kawhi, and that team never had this version of kawhi.

what the finals mvp proved was that he had the mental makeup. His game has only improved, and I'm pretty sure he's showing he didn't lose the mental makeup.

Doubting whether Kawhi could be best player on a champion is kind of silly at this point. Whether he WILL be? Who knows..unlikely, this year. But he's already proven he COULD be.
      Interesting comparison...I do believe Spurs bench had some heavy contributors...

Comment

Pascal is a more athletic Boris Diaw (do-it-all PF, and smallball C).

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Interesting comparison...I do believe Spurs bench had some heavy contributors...
          Sure, those Spurs were arguably better than these Raptors, but Kawhi was most definitely the Man in that series. Just looking at the stats doesn't tell the story. 20/10 in the games they won, guarded Lebron, at 22 years of age, leading a veteran team on both ends of the floor. They would not have won that series without him. That's kind of the definition of Finals MVP, and of "the Man". That he's older, wiser and arguably better all around only strengthens the idea that he can lead a team to a championship.

It's a kind of a weird thing to be arguing over, though.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• "others" needs to step up.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

"others" needs to step up.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• HE STAYYY!! Ayyyy

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...sideration-Now

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• So can people finally admit now that all the bitching about sitting Kawhi in the regular season was ridiculous. Everyone should remember this playoff run if he stays and come next December and he's missing the second game of a back-to-back for load management.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                        So can people finally admit now that all the bitching about sitting Kawhi in the regular season was ridiculous. Everyone should remember this playoff run if he stays and come next December and he's missing the second game of a back-to-back for load management.
                        He's played better than I could have hoped for in these playoffs. How his missed games impact the end results are left to be seen though don't you think?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He's played better than I could have hoped for in these playoffs. How his missed games impact the end results are left to be seen though don't you think?
                          I don't think it matters though if it has effected (any english majors want to give me the difference between affect and effect, I always fuck it up) his play. If he wants 3 weeks off to go on vacation and continues to play like this during the playoffs for the Raptors it will always be worth it.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                            So can people finally admit now that all the bitching about sitting Kawhi in the regular season was ridiculous. Everyone should remember this playoff run if he stays and come next December and he's missing the second game of a back-to-back for load management.
                            But wait.... remember that game in March vs. the Knicks that he missed? Ok, neither do I. But little Jimmy didn't get to see Kawhi at the ACC and he went home and cried himself to sleep that night.

Comment

• I hate that he sat.
                              I said my piece on this...... however, what its showing everyone is something the NBA does not want you to see.

They play too many games.
                              Less games will make fr better players.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I hate that he sat.
                                I said my piece on this...... however, what its showing everyone is something the NBA does not want you to see.

They play too many games.
                                Less games will make fr better players.
                                Yep. But less games means less money for everybody. Players, owners and the NBA aren't changing a damn thing. They are united on that issue.

Easy solution to "better players" is to develop a legit farm system and increase the pool of talent and roster sizes, but the NBA player's association doesn't want new guys eating into their pie. Middle of the road vets are happy getting overpaid and want to keep it the way it is. It's not always just the owners who are greedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X