Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

My internal Raptors angst is getting to me.. I listened to that and felt more negative coming out of that than positive lol. If Carter really knows Dennis and spoke with him.. and they have an idea where he's going. To me it feels like it'll be LA like it always has been. Otherwise I think Carter would have come across differently.

Basically I think Dennis' stance is that they are living for the moment right now. And Kawhi is giving everything he has for this moment. But just for this moment.

I'm team "HeStay".. have been for a long time. But this video rattled me a bit.
    I get the sense that "Uncle Dennis" knows only marginally more about what Kawhi is going to do than us - like Kawhi is going to tell him what he's decided when it's decided and tell them to handle the details. Not that the details aren't important but I'm not sure his camp is the best source and Leonard ain't talking.

Comment

• It will be interesting. Kawhi has stated his family is extremely important to him, and he was upset that the Spurs attempted to not include them in discussions. He is very honest, and I believe behind the scenes he is not saying anything until this season is over. Then he will sit down with his family and they will discuss what is next.

For all you know. His family could say. "You seem really happy where you are. If you want to stay, we can make this work." or they might say. "Can't wait until you're back in California."

Comment

• I also suspect that Masai and the organization have be asked to wait until the end of the season and they're going to lay out a very tempting plan that goes beyond just his contract and involvement with the team.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I get the sense that "Uncle Dennis" knows only marginally more about what Kawhi is going to do than us - like Kawhi is going to tell him what he's decided when it's decided and tell them to handle the details. Not that the details aren't important but I'm not sure his camp is the best source and Leonard ain't talking.
          I think they're going to sit back and let the suitors go crazy out-bidding themselves. Personally, I think Kawhi's group would be nuts not to cash in on the insane endorsement opportunities that are going to be thrown his way from all directions, all over Canada if he re-signs.... even a 1+1. Make the family suck it up for a year and ride that gravy train, because an athlete's earning window is limited and a situation like this will never exist again... ever.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            It will be interesting. Kawhi has stated his family is extremely important to him, and he was upset that the Spurs attempted to not include them in discussions. He is very honest, and I believe behind the scenes he is not saying anything until this season is over. Then he will sit down with his family and they will discuss what is next.

For all you know. His family could say. "You seem really happy where you are. If you want to stay, we can make this work." or they might say. "Can't wait until you're back in California."
            I feel Kawhi may even win the Raps one and say so long

And he will still be God here... i mean could you hate him if he left after winning a championship? Or close to one? Sure some fans would be salty but most would be appreciative than he got us further than anyone could.

But then your also leaving $50 mil on the table...and god forbid its 6 months in Toronto (tho yes in harsh winter) but man its 5 years of your life and your gone.

Lets see, will be the most interesting off season for Raps fans ever, especially if they win a championship and Kawhi jets 2 weeks after winning lol

Comment

• Full quote from Lewenberg "We're seeing Uncle Dennis more and more as the season goes on, as the playoffs have gone on. He's with the team, he's travelling with them. He's around the locker room after games. He's very involved with what's going on here—high-five-ing people, hugging people, talking to players/ coaches after the game. He's developed a very close relationship with Masai Ujiri. There's some speculation on my part—but why is he doing this?...He doesn't have to be building and cultivating relationships he's going to have to break."

via TSN Overdrive (Kawhi free agency convo starts at 39:00, see 40:40 for quote): https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...ur-1-1.1313063

Some rather interesting news here. Masai developing a very close relationship with Uncle Dennis happened pretty much under the radar. And Uncle Dennis' further involvement with the team is quite a good sign, I'd say.

Comment

• Well if he signs with someone else I don't think it would be fair to hate him. He never did anything dishonest. Everything he did while on his contract was great.

I personally hope he sees the value in playing for the Raptors and understands that he'll be hard pressed to find this level of love elsewhere.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                  Full quote from Lewenberg "We're seeing Uncle Dennis more and more as the season goes on, as the playoffs have gone on. He's with the team, he's travelling with them. He's around the locker room after games. He's very involved with what's going on here—high-five-ing people, hugging people, talking to players/ coaches after the game. He's developed a very close relationship with Masai Ujiri. There's some speculation on my part—but why is he doing this?...He doesn't have to be building and cultivating relationships he's going to have to break."

via TSN Overdrive (Kawhi free agency convo starts at 39:00, see 40:40 for quote): https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...ur-1-1.1313063

Some rather interesting news here. Masai developing a very close relationship with Uncle Dennis happened pretty much under the radar. And Uncle Dennis' further involvement with the team is quite a good sign, I'd say.
                  Interesting indeed. This and Kawhi playing at 110% even when he was limping during Games 3 and 4 gives me hope. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't continue playing if I was clearly hurt for a team I knew I was going to leave.

Comment

• This is so dope.

Comment

• Idk, but I think at this point, even Kawhi may not even know what his decision is gonna be. I think initially, as his uncle Dennis mentioned, he didn't like the idea of being traded to TO. But all these successes is slowly changing his mind, and why not?

I am always puzzled by his consistent mantra lately -enjoy the moment, have fun..'
                      Was he ever always like that?
                      Is it his way of masking how he really feels?
                      Is this him in denial?
                      Or is this his formula that makes him play loose, not thinking of the results, just seizing the moment.
                      Whatever the real reason is, we might never know, just as we will never know whether he will stay or he will go.
                      Personally l just want to enjoy this moment, have fun.
                      His decision is solely his, and I will respect that, as this run has been one great experience.

Comment

• I think you probably haven't seen this.

https://www.dialogues.org/interview/...iew/1486959345

Comment

• The GROAT.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Question for the older fans: has Kawhi's approval rating in the GTA reached peak Vince Carter or not close yet
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              The GROAT.

I really like everything about Kawhi except for his contract ending in a few weeks.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Question for the older fans: has Kawhi's approval rating in the GTA reached peak Vince Carter or not close yet
                                I don't have any solid numbers, but it might be.

Kawhi is the better player. He took us farther, but Vince put us on the map. And without Vince, there would be no Chris, without Chris there would be no Demar, without Demar (and Masai) there would be no Kawhi. Everyone had a role to play in getting this franchise to this very moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X