No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why I follow these guys.. but the odds are continuing to improve that he's staying:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't know why I follow these guys.. but the odds are continuing to improve that he's staying:

I should have jumped on it a looooooong time ago
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If Kawhi stays does the Kawhi for DeMar trade become the greatest NBA trade ever made in the 21st century (last 20 years)? I'm trying to think of other impactful trades in the NBA.

- Ainge fleeced the Nets.. but their big get was Tatum I guess. Still haven't sniffed a championship (came to game 7 in the ECF, but would have probably been destroyed by the Warriors).

- Harden went to Houston, but he's never gotten passed the WCF.

- Shaq went to Miami and won a ring.. so maybe that's the closest. Yet Shaq was old then (he was 31/32 at the time)... only played over 70 games once (the year they won).. after that, the next highest was 59 games. And it wasn't because of load management.

- Love for Wiggins? Love "helped" the Cavs win a title sort of (was injured the year they won).

- Pau for Marc is similar to the Love one.. I mean Pau is a HOF'er but he had a little bit of help in LA there. And of course Marc has had a HOF like career (not sure if he makes it but should get some love from the voters).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          If Kawhi stays does the Kawhi for DeMar trade become the greatest NBA trade ever made in the 21st century (last 20 years)? I'm trying to think of other impactful trades in the NBA.

- Ainge fleeced the Nets.. but their big get was Tatum I guess. Still haven't sniffed a championship (came to game 7 in the ECF, but would have probably been destroyed by the Warriors).

- Harden went to Houston, but he's never gotten passed the WCF.

- Shaq went to Miami and won a ring.. so maybe that's the closest. Yet Shaq was old then (he was 31/32 at the time)... only played over 70 games once (the year they won).. after that, the next highest was 59 games. And it wasn't because of load management.

- Love for Wiggins? Love "helped" the Cavs win a title sort of (was injured the year they won).

- Pau for Marc is similar to the Love one.. I mean Pau is a HOF'er but he had a little bit of help in LA there. And of course Marc has had a HOF like career (not sure if he makes it but should get some love from the voters).

Some love for Sheed to Pistons, the final piece they needed

How about Bargnani for actual assets, Gay for half of our core to kick off the we the north era, how about vasquez for what became Powell and Anunoby,

You add in Melo deal in Denver, and Masai could be argued Masai owns 5 of the top 10 trades of the last however many years

Comment

• How about Kawhi for George Hill? Spurs really benefited .

Robert Trackter Traylor for Dirk & Pat Garrity

Dennis Rodman to bulls for Will Purdue. Big part of their championships

Robert Parrish & Kevin McHale to Boston for picks. Helped them win a few championships.

Pippen for Polynice

Biggest was Kareem to Lakers. 5 championships & 3 MVPs later.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
              How about Kawhi for George Hill? Spurs really benefited .

Robert Trackter Traylor for Dirk & Pat Garrity

Dennis Rodman to bulls for Will Purdue. Big part of their championships

Robert Parrish & Kevin McHale to Boston for picks. Helped them win a few championships.

Pippen for Polynice

Biggest was Kareem to Lakers. 5 championships & 3 MVPs later.
              Nice list but wasn't it the best trades of the current century (20 yrs). Kawhi's for Hill was quite the coup as well.

Comment

• Oops yeah missed that

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you
                  lol.. yeah it's like "Can you imagine the team we could build if we teared down this championship team? They would be so good they could win a championship!"

I think some of the crew you're referring to should give college ball a try. College ball is all about "hey can you imagine how great these guys could possibly be some day?!"

Comment

• Why is Kawhi taking meetings with other teams if he's between TOR and LAC? Do you guys know?

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                      Why is Kawhi taking meetings with other teams if he's between TOR and LAC? Do you guys know?
                      It's pretty standard to listen to pitches. Even most players who have specific destinations in mind will take multiple meetings from a bunch of suitors. Rare is the player who skips out on the meetings entirely.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                        Why is Kawhi taking meetings with other teams if he's between TOR and LAC? Do you guys know?
                        Maybe Philly offers his 1/2 team ownership forever. Why WOULDN'T you hear multiple pitches just in case?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's pretty standard to listen to pitches. Even most players who have specific destinations in mind will take multiple meetings from a bunch of suitors. Rare is the player who skips out on the meetings entirely.
                          The last guy I remember doing that got shipped out of Canada 13 months later lol

Comment

• Much respect to Kawhi if he string philly along so Butler and Harris sign elsewhere. They can give Ben all that cap space.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you
                              'You-know-who' has already got the 'Should We Trade Kawhi At The 2020 Deadline' thread at the ready in the event he re-ups.

Comment

• While the consensus is that neither Durant nor Irving intend to return to their current teams, the picture is less clear among league executives about where Leonard will end up.

While the odds-on favorites are the Clippers—fulfilling Leonard's supposed interest in playing where he grew up—one Eastern Conference vice president says the Raptors still have a "fighting chance" to re-sign him, while a Western Conference VP says the Lakers are operating as if "they think they have a strong shot" at adding Leonard after acquiring New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis to play alongside their incumbent star, LeBron James, in a deal that can't be officially consummated until next month.

To offer Leonard a max salary, however, the Lakers would have to push back the timing of their proposed deal for Davis to late July—which multiple reports state will not happen—or move additional players to open salary-cap room, which would then require a number of veterans to take league-minimum salaries to fill out the Lakers roster.

The Knicks, sources familiar with the team's thinking say, also believe they will get a chance to pitch Leonard on joining Durant in New York if Irving and the Nets strike a deal without Durant as part of it.
                                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-nba-guessing

Comment

Working...
                                X