Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    started a topic Everything Kawhi Leonard

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Wow. Thoughts?
    The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a deal to acquire San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard in a trade package that includes All-Star DeMar DeRozan, league sources told ESPN.
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/spurs...demar-derozan/

• Zainab
    replied
    Why is Kawhi taking meetings with other teams if he's between TOR and LAC? Do you guys know?

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you
    lol.. yeah it's like "Can you imagine the team we could build if we teared down this championship team? They would be so good they could win a championship!"

I think some of the crew you're referring to should give college ball a try. College ball is all about "hey can you imagine how great these guys could possibly be some day?!"

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Oops yeah missed that

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    How about Kawhi for George Hill? Spurs really benefited .

Robert Trackter Traylor for Dirk & Pat Garrity

Dennis Rodman to bulls for Will Purdue. Big part of their championships

Robert Parrish & Kevin McHale to Boston for picks. Helped them win a few championships.

Pippen for Polynice

Biggest was Kareem to Lakers. 5 championships & 3 MVPs later.
    Nice list but wasn't it the best trades of the current century (20 yrs). Kawhi's for Hill was quite the coup as well.

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    How about Kawhi for George Hill? Spurs really benefited .

Robert Trackter Traylor for Dirk & Pat Garrity

Dennis Rodman to bulls for Will Purdue. Big part of their championships

Robert Parrish & Kevin McHale to Boston for picks. Helped them win a few championships.

Pippen for Polynice

Biggest was Kareem to Lakers. 5 championships & 3 MVPs later.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Kawhi stays does the Kawhi for DeMar trade become the greatest NBA trade ever made in the 21st century (last 20 years)? I'm trying to think of other impactful trades in the NBA.

- Ainge fleeced the Nets.. but their big get was Tatum I guess. Still haven't sniffed a championship (came to game 7 in the ECF, but would have probably been destroyed by the Warriors).

- Harden went to Houston, but he's never gotten passed the WCF.

- Shaq went to Miami and won a ring.. so maybe that's the closest. Yet Shaq was old then (he was 31/32 at the time)... only played over 70 games once (the year they won).. after that, the next highest was 59 games. And it wasn't because of load management.

- Love for Wiggins? Love "helped" the Cavs win a title sort of (was injured the year they won).

- Pau for Marc is similar to the Love one.. I mean Pau is a HOF'er but he had a little bit of help in LA there. And of course Marc has had a HOF like career (not sure if he makes it but should get some love from the voters).

Some love for Sheed to Pistons, the final piece they needed

How about Bargnani for actual assets, Gay for half of our core to kick off the we the north era, how about vasquez for what became Powell and Anunoby,

You add in Melo deal in Denver, and Masai could be argued Masai owns 5 of the top 10 trades of the last however many years

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    If Kawhi stays does the Kawhi for DeMar trade become the greatest NBA trade ever made in the 21st century (last 20 years)? I'm trying to think of other impactful trades in the NBA.

- Ainge fleeced the Nets.. but their big get was Tatum I guess. Still haven't sniffed a championship (came to game 7 in the ECF, but would have probably been destroyed by the Warriors).

- Harden went to Houston, but he's never gotten passed the WCF.

- Shaq went to Miami and won a ring.. so maybe that's the closest. Yet Shaq was old then (he was 31/32 at the time)... only played over 70 games once (the year they won).. after that, the next highest was 59 games. And it wasn't because of load management.

- Love for Wiggins? Love "helped" the Cavs win a title sort of (was injured the year they won).

- Pau for Marc is similar to the Love one.. I mean Pau is a HOF'er but he had a little bit of help in LA there. And of course Marc has had a HOF like career (not sure if he makes it but should get some love from the voters).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't know why I follow these guys.. but the odds are continuing to improve that he's staying:

I should have jumped on it a looooooong time ago

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I don't know why I follow these guys.. but the odds are continuing to improve that he's staying:

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied

A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you
    tenforthewin is cranking out some trade scenarios as we discus.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

When Kawhi leaves Toronto after 5 more years and 6 rings....

Shaolin: I told you so.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

The most likely (or only) reason that Kawhi would demand an in season trade would be if the Raps looks like they aren't legit contender anymore. In that case, at least half of the RR board will go back into pro-tank mode and we'll have about 100 threads saying we need to trade Kawhi asap for draft picks. RR will be way ahead of the curve on managing public perception.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Maybe, but in my view the PR aspect is likely more valuable to the team than the player and I don't think having a handshake in place would reduce any animosity or make the parties more likely to work together, at least not based on my experience. For example, if he asks for a trade in the middle of a season where the Warriors look like title contenders, I can't imagine that's going to go very well handshake or not....
    The most likely (or only) reason that Kawhi would demand an in season trade would be if the Raps looks like they aren't legit contender anymore. In that case, at least half of the RR board will go back into pro-tank mode and we'll have about 100 threads saying we need to trade Kawhi asap for draft picks. RR will be way ahead of the curve on managing public perception.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Was gonna mention that. I was online looking for the Fun Guy shirt, and its not even available? Anyone else know anything on this
    I had assumed it was intentional to keep the Kawhi merchandise rare but it could also be incompetence...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X