Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post

I need to start watching him more closely because I definitely know he's a good defender but I don't always see the amazingness most people do.
    He had his ups and downs (mostly in the Bucks series), but Danny Green's positional awareness on defence is typically elite. He never leaves his feet unless it's for extremely well-timed blocks at the rim, including chase-down blocks (he's the leading league shot-blockers among guards last I looked). On the perimeter it feels like he's got an internal micro-clock that knows how to close out and take away space from shooters (maybe because he's a shooter himself and knows how to disturb guys release point/time). He's one of the best Harden defenders I've seen

His team D is also above average most of the time, he never gets caught in no man's land, and seem to know how to seal away cracks that start to form on our D as the opposing offfence swings the ball from side to side. He's usually excellent at anticipating offensive plays and rotating to the proper spot on switches. He also has a knack for disturbing post up/inside actions (him and Lowry are terrific at trying to grab the ball down low when an opposing C tries to work inside against our bigs).

You're right that it's not always like that though. Green's getting up there in age, and I notice that when he's gassed this crispiness is not there, and sometimes the fouls come. Just on eye-test I find it that this happens when chasing guards that are either young runners (eg Brogdon), or guards that move a ton without the ball (eg Redick). On iso-leaning guards (eg Bledsoe, Harden, DJ Augustin) he's typically a high-end defender.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

He had his ups and downs (mostly in the Bucks series), but Danny Green's positional awareness on defence is typically elite. He never leaves his feet unless it's for extremely well-timed blocks at the rim, including chase-down blocks (he's the leading league shot-blockers among guards last I looked). On the perimeter it feels like he's got an internal micro-clock that knows how to close out and take away space from shooters (maybe because he's a shooter himself and knows how to disturb guys release point/time). He's one of the best Harden defenders I've seen

His team D is also above average most of the time, he never gets caught in no man's land, and seem to know how to seal away cracks that start to form on our D as the opposing offfence swings the ball from side to side. He's usually excellent at anticipating offensive plays and rotating to the proper spot on switches. He also has a knack for disturbing post up/inside actions (him and Lowry are terrific at trying to grab the ball down low when an opposing C tries to work inside against our bigs).

You're right that it's not always like that though. Green's getting up there in age, and I notice that when he's gassed this crispiness is not there, and sometimes the fouls come. Just on eye-test I find it that this happens when chasing guards that are either young runners (eg Brogdon), or guards that move a ton without the ball (eg Redick). On iso-leaning guards (eg Bledsoe, Harden, DJ Augustin) he's typically a high-end defender.
      Interesting. I'm going to really watch him in Game 5. These are things I really don't notice but it's great to hear. I guess I just always take in his silly fouls and don't really notice all the good he's doing on that end
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Don’t be surprised if the Sixers attempt to pursue Boston’s Al Horford, Milwaukee’s Malcolm Brogdon, and Toronto’s Danny Green among others if they don’t bring all of their top free agents back. The team has some level of interest in all three players.
        https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixe...ium%3Dsharebar

Comment

• What are the top factors you will consider as you make your decision in free agency?

DG: For me, my biggest thing, my biggest mantra, is winning. I want to be in a situation where I can play, be effective and win. I want to be in an organization that is a contender, so I’m looking at a lot of places that have a really good foundation.

If Toronto brings everyone back, I think we have a really good shot of coming out of the East again. So why would I not want to be there? But things change and things move. [If the Raptors can’t bring everyone back], there are going to be other teams who are in the running and I want to see what those situations are. Obviously, I want to maximize on the dollar, but I also want to maximize on the situation. I know I’m not an All-Star or star player, but I want to be remembered as a great role player who won a lot of games and leave my mark in the league.
          Have you had any conversations with Toronto about your future?

DG: Yeah, at exit interviews, we all talked. We discussed some stuff. I spoke to the front office a little bit and I talked to the coaches. Why would you want to break something up that is not broken and just won [a championship]? I think their idea – their plan – is to try to bring everyone back.

But if that doesn’t happen, because it’s not as easy as it sounds, I’ll have to wait for some guys to make a decision. When those decisions happen, then I think they can move forward with their plans.
          Do you follow all of the free-agency rumors or do you just let your agent handle everything and update you periodically?

DG: I let my agent update me occasionally. I don’t believe anything until I hear it from my agent or unless I’m contacted directly by a team that’s interested. The updates are obviously out there and anytime someone signs somewhere, everywhere wants to tell you who’s going where. And I do think it’s interesting. But when it comes to me and my free agency, I don’t believe rumors unless someone contacts my agent or contacts me.
          https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/28/nba...kawhi-leonard/

Comment

• It would really help Masai and the front office if Kawhi resigned ASAP so they can move on the rest. I know he doesn't really OWE us that, but it would be appreciated
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It would really help Masai and the front office if Kawhi resigned ASAP so they can move on the rest. I know he doesn't really OWE us that, but it would be appreciated
              I can't imagine it's going to take too long. I'm guessing we know July 1.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I can't imagine it's going to take too long. I'm guessing we know July 1.
                The Clippers aren't meeting until July 2nd and so I'm guessing we know by Tuesday night or Wednesday morningish? Then I can ignore all you people for a month or so!

Comment

• If Toronto brings everyone back, I think we have a really good shot of coming out of the East again. So why would I not want to be there? But things change and things move. [If the Raptors can’t bring everyone back], there are going to be other teams who are in the running and I want to see what those situations are. Obviously, I want to maximize on the dollar, but I also want to maximize on the situation. I know I’m not an All-Star or star player, but I want to be remembered as a great role player who won a lot of games and leave my mark in the league.
                  Do you have any preference in terms of the length of the deal that you will sign?
                  DG: This is the time where I’m getting older now, so I think I probably want to get as many years as possible. Because as I get even older, I don’t think there will be many teams offering me that kind of longevity or as much money. I think this is the time where I need to maximize the dollars on the longest amount of years that I can do. I would definitely love to get four years, ideally. But, obviously, I’m 32 years old now, so some teams may not want to offer a four-year deal. But I’d love a three-year or four-year deal.
                  Sounds like we might not be able to match if danny gets a good offer elsewhere. We just gotta hope he values what we have built and is willing to take less to be on a defending champ
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I would like Danny to return.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      I would like Danny to return.
                      Strong words.

Comment

• there was supposed to be an announcement on yahoo sports canada last night about danny green but it didnt end up happening.

Comment

• Jodie to OKC.

Hope Danny stays

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            there was supposed to be an announcement on yahoo sports canada last night about danny green but it didnt end up happening.
                            Here is a positive piece about both Kawhi & Danny. Green seems to have hooked his wagon to K.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itle-hopefuls/

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Here is a positive piece about both Kawhi & Danny. Green seems to have hooked his wagon to K.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itle-hopefuls/
                              Ha. Hope springs eternal. Grange doesn't ever seem to have the inside track on breaking news, but I find him to be reasonable in his conclusions.

We'll all know better in a day or two. One thing that I have thought of that might give Kawhi pause. All three players, AD, Lebron and Kawhi, seem to play better if they have rest days during the season. I could see the Lakers pitch to Kawhi including the promise that neither one of the big three would need to play more than 62 games a season. They would have to take turns playing in back to backs. With so many higher tier players already having found new homes, how do the Lakers win games when one of the troika is injured and has to sit out games with strains, contusions or "flue like symptoms" and the rest of the roster is shit? It's not like the Lakers can trade for players midway through the season. I mean they have nothing of value to give back in return. And there are a lot of games before the waiver wire shows up.

Comment

• I don't think Green will take the minimum to go to the Lakers, he'll try and get a bigger contract to finish off his career. From what I've seen, he's very conscious of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X