Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Gladly! but you got to admit, he had subpar seasons the last 2 withThe Spurs and was getting older. His career was resurrected at the right time..contract year!

If the Spurs knew Danny Green would be back to the way he was, they would never included him in the package with Kawhi.
    The Spurs allowed him play through his injuries, which Green has confirmed many times. It's their own fault. He was never close to 100% last year. Of course Danny, being the model Spur, sacrificed his body & career to help build Pop and Buford's legacy. He should have sat out games, like Kawhi. Spurs medical staff not looking good last year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Spurs allowed him play through his injuries, which Green has confirmed many times. It's their own fault. He was never close to 100% last year. Of course Danny, being the model Spur, sacrificed his body & career to help build Pop and Buford's legacy. He should have sat out games, like Kawhi. Spurs medical staff not looking good last year.
      And poor Demarre Carrol being asked to play through injury just to further Casey and Masai's legacy, lol. Injuries are a part of the sport regardless of whether you're a top tier player or not and it's something they signed up for when they decided to run up and down a court for a living. Pay or sit I don't give a crap anymore, but I draw the line at trying to make it sound like they're victims.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

And poor Demarre Carroll being asked to play through injury just to further Casey and Masai's legacy, lol. Injuries are a part of the sport regardless of whether you're a top tier player or not and it's something they signed up for when they decided to run up and down a court for a living. Pay or sit I don't give a crap anymore, but I draw the line at trying to make it sound like they're victims.
        You thirsting for a healthy DeMarre Carroll back on the Raps? But for the record, I've always been skeptical of how the Raps have handled injuries, including Carroll. Obviously don't have the inside scoops, but until Kawhi, it did always seems like they rushed guys back early. That's definitely on Casey, Masai and McKechnie.

Comment

You thirsting for a healthy DeMarre Carroll back on the Raps? But for the record, I've always been skeptical of how the Raps have handled injuries, including Carroll. Obviously don't have the inside scoops, but until Kawhi, it did always seems like they rushed guys back early. That's definitely on Casey, Masai and McKechnie.
          Clearly the Kawhi situation has more than simply medical considerations involved. I suspect most athletes, to their detriment, play with injuries. As a top tier FA with a MVP label, a player like Kawhi can be cautious about returning from an injury secure in the knowledge that his decision will have no impact on his next contract. I would suggest most other NBA players, in a contract year, would feel compelled to return playing as soon as possible for fear of losing market value.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Clearly the Kawhi situation has more than simply medical considerations involved. I suspect most athletes, to their detriment, play with injuries. As a top tier FA with a MVP label, a player like Kawhi can be cautious about returning from an injury secure in the knowledge that his decision will have no impact on his next contract. I would suggest most other NBA players, in a contract year, would feel compelled to return playing as soon as possible for fear of losing market value.
            I think the play-through-pain era in sports is over. It's just as often the opposite in a contract year, because the #1 thing that tanks a player's market value is a lingering injury. I recall Hassan Whiteside shutting it down after a knee sprain in the Raps playoff series. Even Kyle Lowry shut it down vs. the Cavs a few seasons ago. The player's now talk about Isaiah Thomas' last season with the Celtics as a cautionary tale.

Comment

I think the play-through-pain era in sports is over. It's just as often the opposite in a contract year, because the #1 thing that tanks a player's market value is a lingering injury. I recall Hassan Whiteside shutting it down after a knee sprain in the Raps playoff series. Even Kyle Lowry shut it down vs. the Cavs a few seasons ago. The player's now talk about Isaiah Thomas' last season with the Celtics as a cautionary tale.
              You know how bad a knee sprain can be for a basketball player that weights 275 pounds? You'd research a certain point where not only are you ruining career prospects, but you can't play. You'd hurt your team by playing.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think that's on the player to shut themselves down if it's a significant injury and they feel like that it could impact their career. But I also think they've always had that option. The idea that guys getting payed millions to "soldier on" at the demand of their coach or GM is something I have a hard time buying.

Perhaps with all these injuries and someone like Kawhi pioneering the concept of load management more players will opt not to play through certain injuries. The league may actually have to think seriously about adjusting the number of regular season games if you have all these players sitting out.

Comment

• Some excerpts from a fantastic piece on Danny Green from NBA.com:

According to NBA.com, Toronto's offensive rating with him on the court is 116.8. With him on the bench, it craters to 102.6.

Not only does that represent the largest differential on the team, it represents one of the largest in the entire league. As of March 29, Green was competing with four MVP candidates in Damian Lillard, Paul George, Curry and Durant for the best net rating on offence this season.
                  -----
                  This season, Green is back to being one of the best shooters in the league. He has been good for 2.5 triples per game in a Raptors uniform, marking a new career-high. He's been making those looks at a 45.5 percent clip, which is both a career-high and the second-best mark among players who have attempted at least 100 3-pointers on the season.

The only player ahead of him? Joe Harris (47.4 percent) of the Brooklyn Nets.
                  -----
                  The Raptors have had knockdown shooters before, just not one quite at Green's level. The only player to have made more 3-pointers in a single season is Lowry and the only player to have made a higher percentage of their 3-point attempts is Jason Kapono (although he attempted 1.5 3-pointers per game compared to 5.5 for Green).

Green further separates himself from the Kaponos of the world with his defense. According to ESPN's Real Plus-Minus - a metric that estimates a player's "on-court impact on team defensive performance" - he's been the most impactful defender at the shooting guard position this season.

https://ca.nba.com/news/toronto-rapt...z11ggxh58a3822
                  Masai Bless.

Comment

• He Stay:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      He Stay:

"The other guy"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This guy needs to step up in the playoffs, 0 points on 0-3 shooting tonight.

Comment

• I think we're going to find out after the season he is injured. I am at a loss to explain his performance otherwise.

Comment

• Time to revert to the mean.

Comment

• Somebody said he was missing shots badly even in warmups - but on the Raps instagram story yesterday he drained like 4 threes in a row.

I think he's still due to have it drop.

Comment

• I still have high hopes for Green. I mean, he hit a big bucket for us despite missing everything prior to that.

I agree - I think he's due to catch fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X