Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    started a topic Everything Danny Green

Everything Danny Green

Truly a new era for the Raptors.

Welcome Danny Green. Been waiting a few seasons to see a shake up. Danny will go down in Raptors history as being involved in possibly the biggest trades we've seen here.

• GLF
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

He had his ups and downs (mostly in the Bucks series), but Danny Green's positional awareness on defence is typically elite. He never leaves his feet unless it's for extremely well-timed blocks at the rim, including chase-down blocks (he's the leading league shot-blockers among guards last I looked). On the perimeter it feels like he's got an internal micro-clock that knows how to close out and take away space from shooters (maybe because he's a shooter himself and knows how to disturb guys release point/time). He's one of the best Harden defenders I've seen

His team D is also above average most of the time, he never gets caught in no man's land, and seem to know how to seal away cracks that start to form on our D as the opposing offfence swings the ball from side to side. He's usually excellent at anticipating offensive plays and rotating to the proper spot on switches. He also has a knack for disturbing post up/inside actions (him and Lowry are terrific at trying to grab the ball down low when an opposing C tries to work inside against our bigs).

You're right that it's not always like that though. Green's getting up there in age, and I notice that when he's gassed this crispiness is not there, and sometimes the fouls come. Just on eye-test I find it that this happens when chasing guards that are either young runners (eg Brogdon), or guards that move a ton without the ball (eg Redick). On iso-leaning guards (eg Bledsoe, Harden, DJ Augustin) he's typically a high-end defender.
    Interesting. I'm going to really watch him in Game 5. These are things I really don't notice but it's great to hear. I guess I just always take in his silly fouls and don't really notice all the good he's doing on that end

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

I need to start watching him more closely because I definitely know he's a good defender but I don't always see the amazingness most people do.
    He had his ups and downs (mostly in the Bucks series), but Danny Green's positional awareness on defence is typically elite. He never leaves his feet unless it's for extremely well-timed blocks at the rim, including chase-down blocks (he's the leading league shot-blockers among guards last I looked). On the perimeter it feels like he's got an internal micro-clock that knows how to close out and take away space from shooters (maybe because he's a shooter himself and knows how to disturb guys release point/time). He's one of the best Harden defenders I've seen

His team D is also above average most of the time, he never gets caught in no man's land, and seem to know how to seal away cracks that start to form on our D as the opposing offfence swings the ball from side to side. He's usually excellent at anticipating offensive plays and rotating to the proper spot on switches. He also has a knack for disturbing post up/inside actions (him and Lowry are terrific at trying to grab the ball down low when an opposing C tries to work inside against our bigs).

You're right that it's not always like that though. Green's getting up there in age, and I notice that when he's gassed this crispiness is not there, and sometimes the fouls come. Just on eye-test I find it that this happens when chasing guards that are either young runners (eg Brogdon), or guards that move a ton without the ball (eg Redick). On iso-leaning guards (eg Bledsoe, Harden, DJ Augustin) he's typically a high-end defender.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

He carried the defence in game 4. Those fouls mostly came from the aggressive smothering defence he was playing, right on the edge of fouling all night long.
    I need to start watching him more closely because I definitely know he's a good defender but I don't always see the amazingness most people do.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

You thought he was amazing defensively? Of course he wasnt bad but I found him to be such a foul machine in game 4
    He carried the defence in game 4. Those fouls mostly came from the aggressive smothering defence he was playing, right on the edge of fouling all night long.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Welp, he didn't continue his hot shooting but he was amazing defensively in game 4. If he shoots well in game 5 that will be a nice topper to a solid overall series for him.
    You thought he was amazing defensively? Of course he wasnt bad but I found him to be such a foul machine in game 4

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I think Danny continues his hot shooting. The Warriors focused on Kawhi, and it bit them in the ass. Klay is unlikely to have the same mobility he had before his injury I suspect, so they might try and hide him on the least threatening Raptors player. Will he even start? GS won't be able to have players sag off their man to help, so I think Danny gets more open shots if the Raptors keep moving. A lot of his shots came in transition in Game 3. I think that continues tonight.
    Welp, he didn't continue his hot shooting but he was amazing defensively in game 4. If he shoots well in game 5 that will be a nice topper to a solid overall series for him.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I think Danny continues his hot shooting. The Warriors focused on Kawhi, and it bit them in the ass. Klay is unlikely to have the same mobility he had before his injury I suspect, so they might try and hide him on the least threatening Raptors player. Will he even start? GS won't be able to have players sag off their man to help, so I think Danny gets more open shots if the Raptors keep moving. A lot of his shots came in transition in Game 3. I think that continues tonight.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Oh oh oh, daniel my brother, you are, so clutch at 3s
    You can still bring the rain

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Can’t keep a good man down. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Going to call it now: he has a fantastic NBA finals.
    He's definitely going to make soem big shots for us. Danny will deliver

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Going to call it now: he has a fantastic NBA finals.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    ECF Champ + WCF Champ + Finals Champ

Thanks Green Ranger.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    This is a sweet side-benefit to this trade: we go from having 2 or 3 'knock down shooters' (with Fred injured especially) in the playoffs to having

Green
    Miles
    Lowry
    Fred
    Kawhi
    Sophomore OG
    And hopefully Siakam/Serge can make strides.

We've basically just become an elite-shooting team overnight.
    Just noticed this post from the first page of this thread. Skywalker pretty much nailed it. Siakim has definitely made strides and Serge has remained a credible threat while elevating his game over last year I would say.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Danny gonna have a big game 6 to get him ready for the stage he shines the brightest.... The Finals

Leave a comment:

Working...
X