Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this trade Finally get the Raptors a Christmas Game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    Again I said .. The Cavs were 2nd but Networks won't put them on Christmas Day cause of previous Data .. Shouldn't the reverse also be in effect ie A top 5 player just went to another market and so shouldn't you project what effect that will be ?
    Yes, they should. My point here is even leaving that out, the Raptors performed better than the Bucks, for example, in national broadcasts last year. Obviously number of viewers is not the only factor, so even if they project the Raptors' numbers to rise (which they possibly should, not sure how many eyes Kawhi draws compared to other stars), that may not matter.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's approaching Christmas ..

Is Bucks and Knicks exciting you ? How about Jazz and Blazers ? The Thunder vs 2nd last team in the conference ?

Comment

• Comment

It's approaching Christmas ..

Is Bucks and Knicks exciting you ? How about Jazz and Blazers ? The Thunder vs 2nd last team in the conference ?
          I dont have time to watch basketball on Christmas so it's good
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I haven't really watched since they went to 5 games. Plus, between kids, putting together toys, cooking, eating, drinking, etc. basketball is pretty much the last thing on my mind.

Still, it would be nice to have a Raps game only because it is the NBA showcase day of the year and they should be there.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I haven't really watched since they went to 5 games. Plus, between kids, putting together toys, cooking, eating, drinking, etc. basketball is pretty much the last thing on my mind.

Still, it would be nice to have a Raps game only because it is the NBA showcase day of the year and they should be there.
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I do agree with both of you .. Although if the Raptors wete are on Christmas Day .. There might be a demand to have the Raptor game in the background by people in the household . These type of games even the causal fans or non fans of NBA might want to see it cause it's an event .

Comment

I do agree with both of you .. Although if the Raptors wete are on Christmas Day .. There might be a demand to have the Raptor game in the background by people in the household . These type of games even the causal fans or non fans of NBA might want to see it cause it's an event .
                Idk i mean im sure all the players would welcome a holiday with family and friends. Would have been cool, but not upset.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Idk i mean im sure all the players would welcome a holiday with family and friends. Would have been cool, but not upset.
                  I get the impression that the players see it as a mark of respect, so they WANT their team to play Christmas day.

Personally I want to spend the day with family. When I do watch, I want to watch, not have it on in the background. And I wouldn't disrespect the family to ignore them to watch the game because I am sure they would feel disrespected, since we all have to travel to get together.

Comment

• This just in: Raps will be playing in the Father's Day game this year.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I get the impression that the players see it as a mark of respect, so they WANT their team to play Christmas day.

Personally I want to spend the day with family. When I do watch, I want to watch, not have it on in the background. And I wouldn't disrespect the family to ignore them to watch the game because I am sure they would feel disrespected, since we all have to travel to get together.
                      Yeah i get that, but im sure christmass at home is a nice trade off. Besides, maybe they play with a chip on thwir shoulder because of getting snubbed

Comment

• Just like the Lions and Cowboys always play the Thanksgiving Games in football, Knicks will almost always play the Christmas Game no matter what, as well as at least one LA team...

Comment

• Toronto vs San Antonio would have been an amazing CHristmas game this year... alas they will play after the New Year anyways...

Comment

• This will be the last year for this thread. Next year for sure the Raps will be playing on Christmas. My guess is Boston.....in Boston of course. Or the Warriors to reprise the 2019 Final.

Comment

It's approaching Christmas ..

That depends... is Giannis still planning on punching Hezonja?

Comment

Working...
                              X